Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

carriefan14

I’m always amazed by how busy she is. They must’ve planned this tour and rehearsed in a span of about six weeks. She was busy throughout June, I think (Dollywood) took a family vacation in July, and made time to do a few private events. Next thing you know it’s September and she’s like, yep we’re ready for the tour!

(and I know they probably filmed little video segments for the backdrop and filmed HMH video)

SpanishFan

Ihave the same thought. I think she is recording backgrounds for the tour!! Single 2 must be She dont´know that song is a N.1 country radio song!

carriefan14

^ I actually think it would perform the same as GS. I feel like when they uploaded the lyric video to YT it had the chance to smash.

PRGuy79

Grady Smith finally got around to acknowledging Denim and Rhinestones - but it's not pretty. Commentary begins at 14:14:

The one emerging theme from Grady that seems to carry a lot of agreement around here is the head-scratching choice of Ghost Story as the lead single. Grady called out Crazy Angels as the better choice for launching the album - both because it is so catchy and because it seems to better represent the era.

LilUnderwood

I don’t mind Grady’s videos because I feel like he always looks for the positive though and just doesn’t totally bash! There are other people who just go straight in bashing.

I do feel like there are better songs on here than GS so looking forward to more singles to shine!!

FanSince04

Grady Smith finally got around to acknowledging Denim and Rhinestones - but it's not pretty. Commentary begins at 14:14:

The one emerging theme from Grady that seems to carry a lot of agreement around here is the head-scratching choice of Ghost Story as the lead single. Grady called out Crazy Angels as the better choice for launching the album - both because it is so catchy and because it seems to better represent the era.
I don’t think his take was unfair. The record is what she wanted and he noted his love for CA, PC, and PEE. I disagreed with some aspects such as Faster being dated, because it’s very 80’s and fresh for modern radio… I still think it’d do great at AC!

Last edited:

countrymusicfan15

I know a lot of fans (including myself to an extent) are wanting and thinking Burn will be after HMH, but I was just thinking that would make 3 break-up singles in a row. So I almost am leaning toward Burn not being chosen now. But you never know! I think Crazy Angels would actually fit perfectly after HMH. But I also want VH, Burn, and SDK. Ughhhhh why can’t they just all get released??!! lol

NC State Carrie Fan

I’m super late to the game here but I LOVE HMH and would be ecstatic if it’s chosen as a single. I can understand why some of her non country fans on here don’t love the song but it seems to be a very radio friendly and more country song.

Many of my non Carrie fan friends liked HMH, SDK, and PC the most so I have high hopes.

CU4ever

I know sometimes labels send out single surveys to people to help determine what should be the next single based on testing/audience responses. Has anyone heard / seen of UMG doing one for Carrie?