Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie underwood ends tenure as cma host after 12 years

maddkat

Staff member
sad day, doubt I watch the CMAs again except Carrie's performances

https://www.soundslikenashville.com/news/carrie-underwood-steps-down-cma-awards-host/

It’s the end of an era – Carrie Underwood is passing the torch as the host of the CMA Awards. After 12 years, the singer has announced her retirement from the helm of the show with a reflective post on Instagram.
“One of the highlights of 2019 and of my entire career so far was being on stage with the legends that are Reba and Dolly Parton,” she began her message with photos of her co-hosts over the years.” I’m so proud that we could celebrate the incredible female artists that are part of the legacy of country music, past, present and future, and I’m thankful for the huge audiences all over the world that tuned in to see it. It’s hard to believe that it was my 12th year hosting and I will always treasure every show, from the 11 that I was so lucky to do with my partner in crime and friend for life, Brad Paisley, to sharing the stage with two of my all-time heroes. I’m so incredibly grateful to everyone involved with the CMA Awards all these years.”

The Oklahoma native continued by announcing that she would step down as host, but left with a tease of something more in the future.
“It’s hard to imagine topping what we have accomplished together, so I’ve decided that it’s time to pass the hosting torch (at least for now!) to others that will cherish it and honor it as much as I do. I’ve got so many exciting things coming in the new year and beyond, and I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for all of us,” she concluded.
While she has no plans to host the show again, the “Drinkin’ Alone” singer has much to look forward to in the new year, including the release of her fitness and wellness book, Fit 52.
No word on who will replace Underwood, or if Paisley will return, but one they will certainly have big shoes to fill. The CMA Awards typically take place in Nashville in November and air live on ABC.

liz278

I doubt that I will watch anymore. We can always find Carrie's performance on YouTube.

Carrieroxmysox2011

Good for her. Obviously we don't know, but the snubs probably played a part in her decision. With that said I dont have to sit thru the CMAS again. And I'm happy about that.lol

jaymiee

I'm sad. I'll definitely miss the air time and outfits and promo but at the same time screw the CMAs they dont deserve everything shes done for them. Maybe theyll actually give her awards if they want her to show up

lizcarlo

I don't blame her. They don't deserve her hosting anyway. I wont be watching the whole thing again. Ill just check out Carrie and others performances later.

txacar

I'm sad. I'll definitely miss the air time and outfits and promo but at the same time screw the CMAs they dont deserve everything shes done for them. Maybe theyll actually give her awards if they want her to show up

How can they give her awards she doesn't win???? It's her peers and other music industry related voters who voted against her.

rainbow1

I'm sad, naturally, about her not hosting anymore. I totally support her decision though. Did you read Saving Country Music's article about it? Surprisingly, it was very good. He laid it all out there very well, I thought. Twitter is consumed with it, and all the Mags are there. Carrie fans are being great about it.

DaisyTweets

My guess is Thomas Rhett and Kelsea Ballerini *barf*
Oh PLEASE no to this pairing!!!! There's no way they could ever fill even one toe of the shoes of Carrie & Brad.

If the CMAs are smart they should not go with a female/male combo. And to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want to follow Carrie & Brad. IMO its truly a no win situation. And the thing is, there's NO ONE with the stature in the industry. KB certainly isn't remotely close to where Carrie was in the industry when Carrie started hosting. And don't get me started on TR. He's a terrible a singer and all his songs (or most of his songs) are just about the same subject over and over and over and over again.

Maybe the CMAs will go with the trend in award shows and go hostless!!

DaisyTweets

LOVE LOVE LOVE David Wild's support of Carrie!!! He's still makes digs at the CMAs for the EoTY snub of our Carrie!!!!

I think we're going to find that Carrie and Brad were heavily behind their creative success as the hosts of the CMAs!!!

monkeyboy16

Oh PLEASE no to this pairing!!!! There's no way they could ever fill even one toe of the shoes of Carrie & Brad.

If the CMAs are smart they should not go with a female/male combo. And to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want to follow Carrie & Brad. IMO its truly a no win situation. And the thing is, there's NO ONE with the stature in the industry. KB certainly isn't remotely close to where Carrie was in the industry when Carrie started hosting. And don't get me started on TR. He's a terrible a singer and all his songs (or most of his songs) are just about the same subject over and over and over and over again.

Maybe the CMAs will go with the trend in award shows and go hostless!!

I don’t think radio success/industry success matters much these days. Kelsea has that flirty, fun, youthful personality that is gonna do wonders for her, as much as it pains me to say it. I’m convinced that’s how Taylor got as big as she did, as it wasn’t her vocal ability that people noticed. If you’re outgoing, can write a fun, catchy, relatable love song, you’re golden

DaisyTweets

I don’t think radio success/industry success matters much these days. Kelsea has that flirty, fun, youthful personality that is gonna do wonders for her, as much as it pains me to say it. I’m convinced that’s how Taylor got as big as she did, as it wasn’t her vocal ability that people noticed. If you’re outgoing, can write a fun, catchy, relatable love song, you’re golden
Well that may be but I still don't think she'll bring in the ratings or viewers. She's not going to attract the attention of anyone outside the industry. And I don't think she'll attract many from inside the industry. I think the Saving Country site said it -- Carrie started hosting at just 2 albums into her career -- KB is a VERY long way away from where Carrie was. Personality or not she just won't bring in the viewers or the ratings.

Make no mistake about it, Carrie leaving the hosting gig is a BIG loss for the CMAs. A BIG, BIG, BIG loss.

Smokyiiis

I really think if she’d won that EOTY trophy nothing could have stopped her from coming back. I think it was after being passed over again that she made the decision she didn’t need to support an agency whose representatives didn’t support her.

maddkat

Staff member
Well that may be but I still don't think she'll bring in the ratings or viewers. She's not going to attract the attention of anyone outside the industry. And I don't think she'll attract many from inside the industry. I think the Saving Country site said it -- Carrie started hosting at just 2 albums into her career -- KB is a VERY long way away from where Carrie was. Personality or not she just won't bring in the viewers or the ratings.

Make no mistake about it, Carrie leaving the hosting gig is a BIG loss for the CMAs. A BIG, BIG, BIG loss.
bigger loss for ABC, they're the ones that stand to lose ad dollars

ABC needs to think long and hard on who they put in the hosting slot for next year if they want ratings. It has to be someone noticed outside of Nashville and there aren't many country artist who fit that bill who could actually host

I know this would probably never happen, but a part of me kinda hopes that they do end going host-less like other award shows have just so that there aren’t comparisons made between hosts. I think it would seem like they’re trying too hard to copy Carrie and Brad if Thomas and Kelsea by chance do end up being the hosts.

Just out of curiosity- could Carrie have a teeny tiny chance of getting nominated for EOTY again this year? I know she didn’t in 2017, but it does kinda seem like she has something up her sleeves for 2020 in addition to the book (probably just reading into her “exciting things” too much ��)