Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie underwood ends tenure as cma host after 12 years

txacar

I know this would probably never happen, but a part of me kinda hopes that they do end going host-less like other award shows have just so that there aren’t comparisons made between hosts. I think it would seem like they’re trying too hard to copy Carrie and Brad if Thomas and Kelsea by chance do end up being the hosts.

Just out of curiosity- could Carrie have a teeny tiny chance of getting nominated for EOTY again this year? I know she didn’t in 2017, but it does kinda seem like she has something up her sleeves for 2020 in addition to the book (probably just reading into her “exciting things” too much 😂)

I agree, either without hosts or one person. Reba would be great, just as she is on ACMs.

As for another nomination, the last half of Carrie's tour was in this CMA cycle. Depending on what she does between now and June she could be nominated, but after the huge expectations/disappointment this year I think it would fall rather flat.

Louisa

I was surprised when I read the announcement on Carrie’s Instagram yesterday. I guess she feels ready for a change. I wonder if she’ll attend the 2020 ceremony. I hope so. Thanks Carrie for 12 great years. ❤️

FanSince04

I’m disappointed Carrie won’t be hosting only because I loved seeing her. Honestly, I’m also anxious to see how this affects the CMA’s. Maybe this will be a change of tide for Carrie. Carrie might not be as overlooked by the CMA’s anymore knowing she isn’t afraid to leave them. They will see they need her and she was good to them while they were lousy to her.

I am EXCITED for all the “new things” Carrie has planned for 2020. I hear music....

Last edited:

jaymiee

Leta hope her team will focus on the Grammys now and not so much on the CMAs? It's been too long since shes been associated with Grammys

txacar

I’m disappointed Carrie won’t be hosting only because I loved seeing her. Honestly, I’m also anxious to see how this affects the CMA’s. Maybe this will be a change of tide for Carrie. Carrie might not be as overlooked by the CMA’s anymore knowing she isn’t afraid to leave them. They will see they need her and she was good to them while they were lousy to her.

I am EXCITED for all the “new things” Carrie has planned corn 2020. I hear music....

I'm afraid I still don't understand how the Country Music Association was so bad to Carrie. How many people get the opportunity to co-host a nationally televised show for 12 consecutive years. Carrie has not left CMA. She is still a voting member just as she always was. It was the voters who treated Carrie poorly, just as those same voters treat her poorly at ACMs.

Put the blame squarely where it belongs -- her "friends" in the music industry who vote. Don't blame 12 Board Members at CMA.

simonplay

I'm afraid I still don't understand how the Country Music Association was so bad to Carrie. How many people get the opportunity to co-host a nationally televised show for 12 consecutive years. Carrie has not left CMA. She is still a voting member just as she always was. It was the voters who treated Carrie poorly, just as those same voters treat her poorly at ACMs.

Put the blame squarely where it belongs -- her "friends" in the music industry who vote. Don't blame 12 Board Members at CMA.

The thing is that the CMA's don't decide who host, it's ABC. And they are like 7000 members who vote for the awards, so it's not her few friends to blame here.
And last the CMA's didn't make anything significant to change the voting process over the years, the most weird people won year after year, they (CMA's) receive backlash, people shake their heads and nothing happened.

That's how I and a lot of us see it, and I bet Carrie too. IMO

FanSince04

I will place the blame where I see fit. That’s what you are doing, correct? In response to how many people get to host the show for 12 consecutive years, not very many. Can we overlook that by hosting they benefitted more than she? CMA’s haven’t given me any reason to believe they weren’t using one of her talents without rewarding her other talents.; therefore, I blame the CMA’s (which is more than 12 members).

txacar

I will place the blame where I see fit. That’s what you are doing, correct? In response to how many people get to host the show for 12 consecutive years, not very many. Can we overlook that by hosting they benefitted more than she? CMA’s haven’t given me any reason to believe they weren’t using one of her talents without rewarding her other talents.; therefore, I blame the CMA’s (which is more than 12 members).

I'm sorry if I offended you. I would never presume to tell you how to feel about something. Yes, I know there are more than 12 people at CMA, including the Board of Directors, Directors at Large, and about 20 committees of 2 representing various segments of the industry, plus staff. There, also, is Carrie and the 7500 additional voting members who are responsible for whether or not she wins an award. I still feel that WME bloc voting, plus the good old boy, male dominated radio/music industry voters, plus the same peers who have NEVER accepted her because she didn't "pay her dues" robbed her of a coveted award that she should have won more than once over the years but, especially, 2019.

It doesn't matter who benefitted the most. Carrie now has a very strong relationship with ABC and Disney, and it would not surprise me to see something good come from that in the future.

txacar

The thing is that the CMA's don't decide who host, it's ABC. And they are like 7000 members who vote for the awards, so it's not her few friends to blame here.
And last the CMA's didn't make anything significant to change the voting process over the years, the most weird people won year after year, they (CMA's) receive backlash, people shake their heads and nothing happened.

That's how I and a lot of us see it, and I bet Carrie too. IMO

I agree with that. They made a feeble attempt last year at addressing bloc voting -- massive FAIL!!!

CU4ever

It seems really obvious to me (and a little sad) - Carrie left because of the horrible and disgraceful award results this year. Her remark about Brad "sitting this one out" seemed to indicate her coming back next year was a no-brainer. But I'm glad she's realized that they were just using her for ratings while greatly disrespecting her. Maybe this (and the huge backlash from Garth winning) will finally make the CMA Voters realize they have to make some changes. They won't be able to find another host like Carrie - someone so popular in country music and to the world.

teesharky

Leta hope her team will focus on the Grammys now and not so much on the CMAs? It's been too long since shes been associated with Grammys

grammys snub her now too ever since the rules changed to a small elitist committee picking country noms. Carrie hasn’t won since the change happened. Clearly the small elitist anonymous committee is not a fan of Carrie. I think their names should be made public and the rules changed to make it more fair.

rcramer

grammys snub her now too ever since the rules changed to a small elitist committee picking country noms. Carrie hasn’t won since the change happened. Clearly the small elitist anonymous committee is not a fan of Carrie. I think their names should be made public and the rules changed to make it more fair.

So does WME have a hand in that as well..... LOL.....