Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood Gives "Blown Away" a Twist

pklongbeach

I posted.
Had to put a hater in his place.
Now it's time to stream and vote like mad.
Happy to for a song like this.
Absolutely love love love it.
I haven't told this story yet, but I played the vid for a girlfriend of mine. And she broke down.
I actually had to console her.
It was very meaningful to her that Carrie added the sunlight at the end.
As a messege that there is hope. there is a future where things are better.
She is a women of color and her fear is that there are too many young women of color who do not see a bright future. She imagined that through music like this, young people can see that it is not going to stay bad forever.
Life changes and things get better!!
She had me choked up to.
Once again Carrie is touching hearts.
It's what she does.
And I love her for it.

rainbow1

Perfect comment, Pk!!! I immediately said, ALRIGHT!!!
Carrie believes so strongly about this song....and she should!!

Lstname89

I posted.
I haven't told this story yet, but I played the vid for a girlfriend of mine. And she broke down.
She is a women of color and her fear is that there are too many young women of color who do not see a bright future. She imagined that through music like this, young people can see that it is not going to stay bad forever.
She had me choked up to.
It's what she does.
And I love her for it.

Why does her skin color matter? This isn't the 60's?

Why wouldn't she have a bright future just because of her skin color?

jbrown

I posted.
She had me choked up to.
It's what she does.
And I love her for it.

What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. Carrie's music touches lots of lives. Proud to be a fan.

Pi314CA

Why does her skin color matter? This isn't the 60's?

Why wouldn't she have a bright future just because of her skin color?

It's not whether it's what time period. In this case, it's probably more of financial factors and surroundings. There are many undesirable neighborhoods in the SoCal area.

Lstname89

It's not whether it's what time period. In this case, it's probably more of financial factors and surroundings. There are many undesirable neighborhoods in the SoCal area.

I misunderstood what he was talking about.

Lol, I was like uh, I'm pretty sure we've come a long way since "those days". I wasn't thinking about the neighborhood being a bad area.

My apologies pk!:(

liz278

I just turned on GAC and guess what - Blown Away came on! I was so excited!!!!! I love seeing it on TV!!!!!

pklongbeach

I misunderstood what he was talking about.

Lol, I was like uh, I'm pretty sure we've come a long way since "those days". I wasn't thinking about the neighborhood being a bad area.

My apologies pk!:(
Yeah, weather it is true or self imposed, there are many black folks who see themselves in surroundings and in situations they feel powerless to rise above.
And when this is instilled into the children, you are left with children who have no respect for anything or anyone including themselves.
she is a woman of color and lives in a promdominantly poverty stricken black neighborhood. So she sees alot of young people who feel trapped and with no hope.
The video just somehow taped ito that for her somehow.
That no matter how bad things are, children should be taught that there can be a better life.
The messege in the song can be related to anybody.
And for a black woman who has been through as much as she has to see the beauty in it. I think was a great messege for the song,

Pi314CA

Wow at the answer to the last question in this article:

"And I actually left with bruises on my arm from when he would grab me and I would pull away. I had finger marks on my arm when I left at the end of the day, so I was like, 'Wow.' ... It was intense."

lab

Wow at the answer to the last question in this article:

"And I actually left with bruises on my arm from when he would grab me and I would pull away. I had finger marks on my arm when I left at the end of the day, so I was like, 'Wow.' ... It was intense."

OSCAR award winning ACTING by Carrie and the father. SUPERB!!!