Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

teesharky

^ but it will easily be ready by may or june 2015! That is almost a year from now! So I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the album out by may or june 2015 when she is almost done with it now!

I also don't think it is unreasonable to release the lead single at the cmas as she will be there anyway hosting. So it is not a big deal/

xor

im betting that Carrie will be debuting her lead single from her new album at the CMAs..... thats a possibility..... but she had never used a platform like an award show to debut any singles.... she did debut Good Girl at the CRS Boat event or something

twaintrain

It would be cool to get a surprise performance of a new single at the CMAs. No fanfare, just an out of the blue surprise performance of the most amazing song ever recorded. One can dream, right?

teesharky

I agree that would be so great. I think most people would be fine waiting for the album till after the baby is born if we ge tge lead single this fall.

carriefan14

I don't see why they couldn't toss the fans a bone and give us just a tiny taste of the album. What is there to gain from being so secretive and writing up news stories about it and then not saying anything else about it for 2 months afterwards?

It would be unusual for them to have the lead single out from say Novembet through May, especially considering how the releases have worked in the past. But if you keep people waiting long enough, eventually they get bored and leave. We as hardcore fans would wait til kingdom come, but the average listener is fickle.

It would be an unusual but smart marketing technique to release the lead single way in advance, and then tease bits of the album over the winter and spring. Release a full track every once in a while on YouTube, maybe 2 tracks total. It would be a really kind thing to do for the fans rather than keeping us in the dark for another year

ethelu

I don't see why they couldn't toss the fans a bone and give us just a tiny taste of the album. What is there to gain from being so secretive and writing up news stories about it and then not saying anything else about it for 2 months afterwards?

It would be unusual for them to have the lead single out from say Novembet through May, especially considering how the releases have worked in the past. But if you keep people waiting long enough, eventually they get bored and leave. We as hardcore fans would wait til kingdom come, but the average listener is fickle.

It would be an unusual but smart marketing technique to release the lead single way in advance, and then tease bits of the album over the winter and spring. Release a full track every once in a while on YouTube, maybe 2 tracks total. It would be a really kind thing to do for the fans rather than keeping us in the dark for another year

Maybe we can get Brad to go have a talk with her, lol! He's not shy about letting his fans know what's coming!

I've just got this feeling this will be Carrie's last album with Sony or whatever her label is. The way Brad has done his album, and Carrie's management changes, I think they are both moving on. Maybe their own label?

carriefan14

I've just got this feeling this will be Carrie's last album with Sony or whatever her label is. The way Brad has done his album, and Carrie's management changes, I think they are both moving on. Maybe their own label?

They definitely need to do SOMETHING different. I know I sound like Tee, getting all worked up into a frenzy, but I have read in a few articles lately in the comments section people saying things like Carrie is finished now that she has a baby, she's done, she's old news, etc...I remember one comment said "we lost Joan Rivers, Lady Gaga and Carrie Underwood all in 2014". That stung a little bit, because Gaga really is finished, I don't see her ever recovering from the mess her career turned into...and it happened so quickly. Gaga put out a new album and it was immediately a flop and she really didn't gain any sort of attention (other than the bad kind) and then she's just faded from view. Putting out a new album is always really scary. If the material is bad, you are going to flop literally within 3 weeks.

At least in the pop world. Which is why I'm glad we don't have that sort of scrutiny and pressure, but still, Carrie is a top leader in country, and she's got a small following in pop, so there is some pressure there.

2015 will make 10 years now, and everybody nows the 10 year mark is crucial. That's typically when you really start seeing a decline. I know it has to come some time, and I know it usually happens once the babies start popping out. So it's a very real chance a flop could happen. You never know.

BUT, a way to combat all that would be to shake things up and market the product a little differently this time around.

Take, for example, what Colbie Caillat or Leona Lewis did. Colbie Caillat kept her fans updated on Twitter about her working on her new "album". We got "Hold On" as a single and a music video for it in 2013. Hold On is really different from anything Colbie has ever done in the past...normally she's got a beachy Taylor Swift-like sound with a guitar and simple songs about love and silly things like that, but Hold On was way more pop, way more produced, it was amplified 1000 times more than her previous singles. And she collaborated with Ryan Tedder, a big name in pop.

I personally don't like Colbie's new pop sound, I don't think it fits her...but she tried something new and shook things up and took a risk. And Hold On is catchy and kind of cool.

But then she releases her "album" on iTunes in 2014 - turns out its not an album, it's a 4 or 5 track EP. She released Side A a month or two months ago and then bam, she released the full album, which had the 5 tracks from the EP on it. It's kind of a neat idea, and it's different from doing the standard album. But most importantly, "Hold On" wasn't even included on the EP. It turns out Colbie was just holding the fans over until she could give them more new material. That wouldn't be a bad idea for Carrie - just release a few new tracks on an EP, do a couple music videos. It wouldn't be as much work as an album. I don't know how country fans would feel about that, and I would probably be a little disappointed, but it would be something different.

And then Leona Lewis did a Christmas album last year instead of putting out her normal studio album. She made a couple of the tracks available as a FREE download on Amazon and posted the link on her website. It was a really cool thing to do I think, and it was nice for the fans. Leona really loves her fans. And she just teased a couple tracks as Christmas got closer and I thought it was really cool thing to do.

And then what Brad did with his new album - putting out full tracks on YouTube - a lot of artists are doing that. It may mean there are going to be less album sales, but really at this point in time that's going to happen anyway. Now people can pick and choose what songs they like and ignore the rest. The point of putting out an album is really becoming kind of useless now. It's so much cheaper to put out individual tracks at different periods of time and see what people like.

- Edit - And I forgot to mention Katy Perry doing a music video for "Love Me", a track from her latest album. That song is clearly not single material at all, and I don't think it ever will be a single, but she did a music video for it anyway. It was something different to do and you don't see that happening really at all, ever. Or Adele just releasing singles and not doing music videos for them. That's different. There's a thousand DIFFERENT ways you could do it without doing the same old "release single, release music video, release single, release music video, etc.".
Just my rambling for the day.

pklongbeach

I don't think Carrie needs to change up much about the way she releases albums. Most of her fans and the solid country fan base, are used to buying albums still so she is pretty solid in that regard. I just think she needs a label that is more focused on her behalf. I just don't feel it anymore. And there is no evidence of any changes in that regard. She has good management and a good team around her. But a label is the strong arm that really gets things done when it comes to solid promotional push. And I am not sure how much push she gets for her singles, since the entire system is so artificially manipulated anyway. But I think it is really obvious that she does not get solid top tier support outside of radio anymore whatsoever. Everything she has comes from her own ingenuity and her managements efforts. I see nothing coming from the label at all.
So without that we are definitely feeling a difference, and the only way to change that is to leave. But I don't think she is ready to take that chance. I bet a lot of her team still has ties to Sony, so it would be like defecting and building an entire new support system from scratch. Not going to happen at this point

simonplay

I predict a surprise release ala Beyoncé! Before she announce her pregnancy I wasn't sure but now is perfect since she doesn't have to promote the album too much.

She will get a lot of atention the next day cause the co-host, her dresses, the baby bump, surprise first live performance of the new single, and if we got lucky a win for Female Vocalist lol.

So debut single and album in the week of the CMA's is my prediction.

liveasong

They definitely need to do SOMETHING different. I know I sound like Tee, getting all worked up into a frenzy, but I have read in a few articles lately in the comments section people saying things like Carrie is finished now that she has a baby, she's done, she's old news, etc...I remember one comment said "we lost Joan Rivers, Lady Gaga and Carrie Underwood all in 2014". That stung a little bit, because Gaga really is finished, I don't see her ever recovering from the mess her career turned into...and it happened so quickly. Gaga put out a new album and it was immediately a flop and she really didn't gain any sort of attention (other than the bad kind) and then she's just faded from view. Putting out a new album is always really scary. If the material is bad, you are going to flop literally within 3 weeks.

At least in the pop world. Which is why I'm glad we don't have that sort of scrutiny and pressure, but still, Carrie is a top leader in country, and she's got a small following in pop, so there is some pressure there.

2015 will make 10 years now, and everybody nows the 10 year mark is crucial. That's typically when you really start seeing a decline. I know it has to come some time, and I know it usually happens once the babies start popping out. So it's a very real chance a flop could happen. You never know.

BUT, a way to combat all that would be to shake things up and market the product a little differently this time around.

Take, for example, what Colbie Caillat or Leona Lewis did. Colbie Caillat kept her fans updated on Twitter about her working on her new "album". We got "Hold On" as a single and a music video for it in 2013. Hold On is really different from anything Colbie has ever done in the past...normally she's got a beachy Taylor Swift-like sound with a guitar and simple songs about love and silly things like that, but Hold On was way more pop, way more produced, it was amplified 1000 times more than her previous singles. And she collaborated with Ryan Tedder, a big name in pop.

I personally don't like Colbie's new pop sound, I don't think it fits her...but she tried something new and shook things up and took a risk. And Hold On is catchy and kind of cool.

But then she releases her "album" on iTunes in 2014 - turns out its not an album, it's a 4 or 5 track EP. She released Side A a month or two months ago and then bam, she released the full album, which had the 5 tracks from the EP on it. It's kind of a neat idea, and it's different from doing the standard album. But most importantly, "Hold On" wasn't even included on the EP. It turns out Colbie was just holding the fans over until she could give them more new material. That wouldn't be a bad idea for Carrie - just release a few new tracks on an EP, do a couple music videos. It wouldn't be as much work as an album. I don't know how country fans would feel about that, and I would probably be a little disappointed, but it would be something different.

And then Leona Lewis did a Christmas album last year instead of putting out her normal studio album. She made a couple of the tracks available as a FREE download on Amazon and posted the link on her website. It was a really cool thing to do I think, and it was nice for the fans. Leona really loves her fans. And she just teased a couple tracks as Christmas got closer and I thought it was really cool thing to do.

And then what Brad did with his new album - putting out full tracks on YouTube - a lot of artists are doing that. It may mean there are going to be less album sales, but really at this point in time that's going to happen anyway. Now people can pick and choose what songs they like and ignore the rest. The point of putting out an album is really becoming kind of useless now. It's so much cheaper to put out individual tracks at different periods of time and see what people like.

- Edit - And I forgot to mention Katy Perry doing a music video for "Love Me", a track from her latest album. That song is clearly not single material at all, and I don't think it ever will be a single, but she did a music video for it anyway. It was something different to do and you don't see that happening really at all, ever. Or Adele just releasing singles and not doing music videos for them. That's different. There's a thousand DIFFERENT ways you could do it without doing the same old "release single, release music video, release single, release music video, etc.".
Just my rambling for the day.

I read that comment as well and it was written by a basic Taylor Swift troll. The "Haz Bin" guy to be more precise.

teesharky

^ Oh yes the Haz Bin troll has been a busy beaver lately. First he trashed her on every site when we thought Carrie was doing the Superbowl. Then he trashed her after the baby news---- though he was GLEEFUL and joyous, boasting that her career was over. He does it with several different accounts and different usernames but it is the same IP address-- same sick demented person.

Beyonce had a baby and she is touring the world with her, living life and happy as ever. There is no reason to say that a woman in this day and age is "done" simply because she had a baby. That is really outdated and offensive.

Anyway- I think we are all bloody bored at this point, and we really need some news.

teesharky

Carrie is now following Carol King on twitter. (and jeff foxworthy- lol). I am more interested in the Carol King follow since Carol was at the Rock Hall of Fame induction and saw Carrie shine that night so beautifully. Carol gave Carrie and the ladies a standing O if I recall.

Anyway-- remember Carrie said in June that she was going to call someone for her duet for the album? Could Carrie have collaborated with Carol for something? At least in terms of songwriting maybe?

I would die of happiness. haha

maddkat

Staff member
Carrie is now following Carol King on twitter. (and jeff foxworthy- lol). I am more interested in the Carol King follow since Carol was at the Rock Hall of Fame induction and saw Carrie shine that night so beautifully. Carol gave Carrie and the ladies a standing O if I recall.

Anyway-- remember Carrie said in June that she was going to call someone for her duet for the album? Could Carrie have collaborated with Carol for something? At least in terms of songwriting maybe?

I would die with you

opry051008

It's wrong to even to put this idea in our heads unless you know it to be fact. lol.

lolita55

I hope she debuts the song, at the end the world hunger thing at the end of this month. That would give her a huge audience. Not to mention it would show the CMA'S that she just does not need them.

Patkid26

I hope she debuts the song, at the end the world hunger thing at the end of this month. That would give her a huge audience. Not to mention it would show the CMA'S that she just does not need them.

I support this theory!! Mainly because I'll be at the festival.... but yeah I like this! lol

teesharky

I really hope she debuts the lead single at the Global Citizen Festival. That was my initial prediction before the pregnancy- because the show is being streamed all over the world and shown on tv too on MSNBC all over the world.

Perfect platform for a new song. It would be a shame if Carrie's team wasted this big opportunity with old songs. PEople are ready for something new- and this is the opportunity to WOW the world on this big platform.

Even Keep US Safe would be a welcome change from the same songs. Do the new single and Keep Us Safe or Change as it is a charity event.

Last edited: