Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

teesharky

I've noticed that a co-write with Caitlyn Smith hasn't been registered yet and I remember that Carrie started following Caitlyn on Twitter right after she tweeted she had written a SMASH hit. Maybe the Caitlyn co-write is the lead single and they are waiting to register it to help keep it secret?!? All this is VERY exciting!

good point. Also, Carrie started following that Songwriter of the year, Shane MacAnally, right around that exact time too. hmmm.

PRGuy79

Several co-writes with Chris DeStefano and Mike Elizondo registered so far. It makes me think Carrie is going further into country-rock this era.

It's so weird seeing all these tweets from people who have just learned of the cowrites and are just now hearing of the September 29 thing! I guess I just assumed everyone came here 😂

HuiZ

At this point, I don't even care how Carrie's team release the new single. Just tweet it and give it to us already. I am desperate! haha!

Please, no more countdown clock though lol.

p.s. I disagree that Taylor's team did the single rollout quick. She dropped a hint to her fans about her Yahoo stream event, even had skywriting for it, went on talk show to tell everyone to stream Yahoo live.... that's quite a lot of promo. Obviously she would be releasing something during the Yahoo livestream.

Ty

I doubt it considering they work for different stations and neither DJ follows the other on Twitter. It sounds like Arista Nashville is teasing the new single to radio people.

carebearcarrie

I doubt it considering they work for different stations and neither DJ follows the other on Twitter. It sounds like Arista Nashville is teasing the new single to radio people.

Gotcha. I'm not on twitter so I don't know who follows who. It sure sounds like they're teasing with new music. Let the anticipation begin. Hold onto your pants ya'll! ;)

yehchern

Some new carrie underwood music? means more than 1? oh great..1st single+all is well+ foo fighter duet all together leave us no place to breath lol

Curr

Some new carrie underwood music? means more than 1? oh great..1st single+all is well+ foo fighter duet all together leave us no place to breath lol

So do we have confirmation that her work with the Foo Fighters is an actual duet on their album and she's not just a part of the documentary?

teesharky

^ no official confirmation yet of the Foo Fighters duet. Several articles hint at it as carrie is listed as collaborating while others are just in the hbo interview. Dying to know for sure to be honest. Lol

PNGcarriefan95

I've been reading up on the Foo Fighters album lately (the cover art for it is awesome), and by the way they've been talking I think they interviewed Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton, but did not record with them. I'm pretty sure that they did record some music with Carrie; on the whole it wouldn't make sense to interview her for the documentary as she isn't synonymous with Nashville as Dolly Parton is, or as Willie Nelson is with Austin. I think artists who grew up in and are synonymous with the cities that the Foo Fighters visited are the ones being interviewed to talk about that city's musical history, whilst younger artists like Carrie were brought in to actually record the songs on the album with. Just my thoughts.

jaks_weyn

I've been reading up on the Foo Fighters album lately (the cover art for it is awesome), and by the way they've been talking I think they interviewed Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton, but did not record with them. I'm pretty sure that they did record some music with Carrie; on the whole it wouldn't make sense to interview her for the documentary as she isn't synonymous with Nashville as Dolly Parton is, or as Willie Nelson is with Austin. I think artists who grew up in and are synonymous with the cities that the Foo Fighters visited are the ones being interviewed to talk about that city's musical history, whilst younger artists like Carrie were brought in to actually record the songs on the album with. Just my thoughts.

I think David Grohl mentioned that he interviewed Carrie...

PNGcarriefan95

^Dude, way to crush my dream of Carrie recording some music with the Foo Fighters! Just joking!
In all honesty I think Carrie is part of the documentary, and I'm really excited about the fact that she was asked to be interviewed. Dave Grohl has in the past made scathing remarks about reality TV singing shows, so Carrie probably being in the documentary tells me that even other artists so against shows like AI can't deny her talent and the impact she has had on the industry as well as her legacy. Will there be some way for overseas fans to watch the documentary when it's released?

mtreasmith

Well, it got really exciting around here for a little while and now it feels like before we found the tweet - just sit and wait, lol. I hope Carrie does get to do a big rollout for the single if she wants that, but I hope that since the surprise factor is gone with that tweet that they will just announce it and release it to iTunes at the same time, ideally with an album release date and maybe an album title. Hopefully her team can scramble and get it out, although they may have been timing the surprise with the Global Citizens festival. Still, even if her first performance is there, I think it would be smart to release the song before the festival. Honestly, if it wasn't for being a Carrie fan, I would know nothing about the concert and I think most people don't have a clue it's happening.

It's been mentioned on the Today show numerous times. I think a lot of people are aware of it.

mtreasmith

Thanks for compiling the list of potential cuts so beautifully! I do hope it isn't a rocker though, even if it isn't a boy basher. After CC and GG as lead singles and her most recent radio hit being Something Bad, I am so ready for something besides a rocker. She's also had an inspirational ballad this year (KUS), so I think this needs to be something completely different. Another inspirational ballad or another rocker, to me, is just the same old, same old. She needs to come out of the gate with something like BA or TBC that is radically different from anything she's done before (in my opinion). I'm not sure what that needs to be, but I want something different.

I absolutely LOVE Carrie's rockers. I love her power ballads more. But, I am with you. I want a fun love song like DYTAM or something along those lines. DYTAM would be SOOO perfect right now. Its almost fall (that first cold september night...) and it would just be perfect.. but I know that isn't possible. lol