Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

liveasong

Carrie won't be going head to head v miranda or taylor as I thought their cds were coming out in the spring? If carrie released cma week 2014 she would not be against ts or miranda for the Grammys or cmas.

i don't think she should wait till 2015 as she hasn't had a single on the radio since SYA peaked in August. That would be over a year and a half or longer between singles on the radio and 3 years between albums. Too long.

no offense but Kelly is a pop star putting out a country cd and we know how that usually goes. I love kelly but she has been releasing so many albums so fast lately. What is the rush??

To stay relevant. She's struggling.

GumbyJRH

Kelly may win the awards or whatever but Carrie is, was and will always be COUNTRY QUEEN! They are not competition for her.. she is well above them.. JMO.. I can't wait for new music!!!!

Schrodinger

Uh yea, Miley was the wrecking ball rider. It would be too much for Kelly, hence the move to country.

Ah, I see. Riding a wrecking ball naked is too much for anybody...Where does Miley go from there, to emulating the Butcher Babies? Note: you have to bypass the content filter on YouTube to see their videos.

teesharky

^ sadly I don't see a new single debut until the CMAS, but as long as it is 2014 CMAS and not freakin' 2015, I am good. lol

If she takes too long of a break, they will say she is hiding out in shame after SOM- which is not true and not fair. She did really good in SOM- and should be proud. What she needs to do is come back strong, and come back fast- so she can show the critics and haters they did not break her. Too long out of the spotlight is not the right move this time.

Farawayhills

Actually, I don't think many people will relate the SOM situation to the new album. Most of those who were hostile to the SOM casting are unlikely to be followers of Carrie's album career, or to be very aware of the details of what else she's doing in her "home" genre. Carrie's received very good coverage and support within Country journalism and media, and has already been back at the Opry, and I can't see many Country fans getting the impression that she's hiding away from further work.

But, like you, I would prefer her to have an album out this year, and agree that she does need to hit hard to maintain impetus within a format which is undergoing pressure for change, and which gives only limited opportunities for female artists

The unknown factor is how long Carrie will want for preparation these days. She seems likely to want to write a majority - a higher proportion than Miranda - and even when she looks elsewhere, she seems keen to balance the choices carefully. Her last album took a little longer than some were expecting - so 2015 is also possible. If there is a delay, two possibilities are that Carrie could release something like a duet, separately from her album work, or that some radio stations may pick an unofficial fifth single from BA (e.g.,some did opt to play SLT from Play On, although that had no official support)

JenuineC

Yea, Kelly's come over to the country side. It was just too much to ride on a wrecking ball naked singing her latest hit.

By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I like Kelly but am never with the idea that she shifted to Country. Well.. it don't bother me much (maybe not until she become the new princess of country music and starts winning FVOTY for every single year. haha!)

pandy

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

So glad Carrie is going to work on her 5th CD. I would like it by the end of this year, but definitely by the spring of 2015. GOSH, that does seem so far away. I wonder if Carrie knows what direction she wants her 5th CD to go???

bs63093

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I love kelly so im excited for what comes at 2014 :) Carrie releasing in fall will pass the 250k for sure, i mean she sold 270k in spring during bad album sales adn her fan base has skyrocketed since the release of BA so I might even dare to say 250-400k also depending on the success of the lead singlle but the 250k are on name alone :)

Marie2011

I hope the lead single is like BHC, JTTW, BA you know huge songs that leads to multiple weeks at #1 with great album sales for the debut week.