Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

Carrieflattsfan

I am hoping Carrie leans more towards story-based songs in the next era. Her current acting experience should enhance those kinds of songs greatly.

Same here. I've really missed great story songs that used to be in abundance in country music.

Carrie's songwriting for "Blown Away" was great, which gives me hope that she can continue to move forward with the help of great writers like Hilary Lindsay.

My favorite tracks on BA are the darker ones (BA, TBC), and I'd like to see her continue in that direction for the next album.

I'll be interested to see how Carrie uses her experience in TSOM to challenge herself on the next album. Hopefully, she have the confidence to continue exploring vocally, because she went in so many different directions with TSOM.

Carrie's kind of like a sponge, in that she can observe and soak in everything. I thought it was really neat to hear her talk about creating "Good Girl," and how working with Steven Tyler really helped her develop and go somewhere new. It seems like a lot of people are afraid to go in new directions, but Carrie is one of the few who has continued to embrace that.

I'm curious to see how her experiences with TSOM both directly and indirectly influence the new album. And she's also got lots of other things to draw from that we probably aren't aware of as well.

The one thing I've missed with the last few albums is that I don't feel like BA/PO were as cohesive as the first two albums. I know Carrie loves to record songs she connects with, but I would be really happy if she got rid of some of the filer and created an album full of solid songs that can stand on their own. Hopefully, she'll get to a point, either artistically or as a songwriter, where she can do that.

For every song that can move an artist forward, they can have one or two that can set them back. I'd really hate for Carrie to settle into that pattern, so I hope, for maturity's sake, she doesn't fall into that rut.

opry051008

Actually, I don't think many people will relate the SOM situation to the new album. Most of those who were hostile to the SOM casting are unlikely to be followers of Carrie's album career, or to be very aware of the details of what else she's doing in her "home" genre. Carrie's received very good coverage and support within Country journalism and media, and has already been back at the Opry, and I can't see many Country fans getting the impression that she's hiding away from further work.

But, like you, I would prefer her to have an album out this year, and agree that she does need to hit hard to maintain impetus within a format which is undergoing pressure for change, and which gives only limited opportunities for female artists

The unknown factor is how long Carrie will want for preparation these days. She seems likely to want to write a majority - a higher proportion than Miranda - and even when she looks elsewhere, she seems keen to balance the choices carefully. Her last album took a little longer than some were expecting - so 2015 is also possible. If there is a delay, two possibilities are that Carrie could release something like a duet, separately from her album work, or that some radio stations may pick an unofficial fifth single from BA (e.g.,some did opt to play SLT from Play On, although that had no official support)

I think that there will be a lot of pressure from her label to get the album out in the latter part of 2014 rather than the beginning/mid of 2015. Were it not for the release date of BA being outside of the 4th quarter of the year, BA would have likely scanned double platinum by now. Secondly, the label has got to be worried about the "baby period" as this may be the last album we get out of Carrie before that happens. There will be a lot of jostling among the labels of up and coming female artists who will try to take advantage of Carrie's down time on country radio.

I really hope that some radio stations pick an unofficial fifth single from BA. There are so many gems that were left on the album and there would be no pressure on the label for it to hit #1 since it wouldn't be an official single.

tigercae

I am hoping Carrie leans more towards story-based songs in the next era. Her current acting experience should enhance those kinds of songs greatly.

I wish she will also do a TV show.And if she has time can give us little Fisher baby.;-) :) :)..

Happy New Year everyone!

Ty

Yeah, I definitely think the label will push for a Q4 release, especially with Miranda releasing in May. They're going to want a big ticket item out during the holiday season.

liz278

I know that everyone is worried about what will happen when Carrie has a baby, but I don't necessarily think it has to slow her down. I think it will change how she tours - she will become a weekend warrior but I don't think she will have to stop, just cut back on the way she tours now.

liveasong

Some Hearts and Carnival Ride were cohesive, but nothing really stood out for me.

Blown Away had the Holy Trinity (Good Girl, Blown Away, Two Black Cadillacs) and had gems like Wine After Whiskey.

PRGuy79

Has anyone else been imagining that Carrie is spending part of her holiday break listening to first-rate demos written for her by Nashville's finest? I have! I remember her talking about hearing "Blown Away" while listening to a bunch of songs her label had placed "on hold" for her. I'm guessing that process has already started for album #5. So exciting!

teesharky

Happy songs please

Yes enough bad boy songs for a bit. She needs to release a happy upbeat song to radio. It doesn't have to be mushy- it can be like Faith's This Kiss etc.

enough dark edgy songs even though i love them all!

and 5 freakin singles for once!

Last edited:

Marie2011

Tee we gotten 5 singles before

Some Hearts ERA
1. Jesus take the wheel
2. Before He Cheats
3. Don't forget to remember me
4. Wasted
5. Inside your heaven

Carnival ride
1. So small
2. Just a dream
3. Last Name
4. I told you so
5 All American Girl

epicamends

I'm kind of hoping there are no boy bashing songs on the next album. Or at the very least, that we can have one era with no boy bashing single. As much as I love BHC, LN, CC, GG, I feel like it's time for the formula to change a bit. She's on the right track, releasing powerful story songs like BA and TBC, and I hope that continues.

I'd also like to see at least one happy single next era. Carrie has had so many light-hearted songs on previous albums that IMO would have made great singles (WYAB, GOOTT, TT, DYTAM), but these have always remained album tracks. I like having most of the singles be really strong, powerful stories, but it'd be nice to have one happy song released every once in a while. lol

teesharky

^ agree jessica. I love all her boy bashing songs-- don't get me wrong. But they stick to the same "formula" for singles every album and it is getting really old- especially since they refuse to give Carrie 5 singles while giving Miranda 10 zillion.

So we have to assume we are only getting 4 singles again next era too. I am not getting my hopes up again. Let's just hope they choose them wisely and break the formula.

BA and TBC show they are on the right track. But I would love to see a happy upbeat song as the lead single.

rainbow1

I know that everyone is worried about what will happen when Carrie has a baby, but I don't necessarily think it has to slow her down. I think it will change how she tours - she will become a weekend warrior but I don't think she will have to stop, just cut back on the way she tours now.

Yea, and the way Mike is playing now, it doesn't look like he's retiring any time soon. She may be waiting for that, among other reasons.

AdamJ

Yea, and the way Mike is playing now, it doesn't look like he's retiring any time soon. She may be waiting for that, among other reasons.

I really don't think either of them are ready for a child yet as they are both busy with their careers. rainbow---what do you mean "among other reasons"? You lost me on that one. I hope Carrie has new music this year. Anxious to see what theme the album will take.

teesharky

Tee we gotten 5 singles before

Some Hearts ERA
1. Jesus take the wheel
2. Before He Cheats
3. Don't forget to remember me
4. Wasted
5. Inside your heaven

Carnival ride
1. So small
2. Just a dream
3. Last Name
4. I told you so
5 All American Girl

Inside Your Heaven was not an official country radio single from Some Hearts. It was just her Idol Winner song. It peaked in the 50s I think on country radio. The album was not even started when the song was released.

The only album with 5 official country singles was Carnival Ride.

Marie2011

Carrie had 5 singles on some hearts if you count inside your heaven, and she had 5 singles on carnival ride when Joe was head of the label under Gary carrie so far had four single per album. And I am Glad BA only had four singles cause see you again barely made it to #1 and to me it felt that country radio was getting tired of playing Carrie. Sometimes it is good to step back and return with a bang. Leave your audience wanting more, not less

teesharky

The sad thing is-- the label HAD fantastic songs to choose from that would have broken the "formula" of inspirational songs and bad boy songs: Do You Think About Me, wine After Whiskey, What Can I Say (PO era), even One Way Ticket for a fun summer song. Any of these would have changed the formula and been a breath of fresh air for Carrie, like BA and TBC were.

They have these great songs on the album but the world never gets to hear them. So they think Carrie is just about bad boy edgy songs or inspirational songs like JTTW, TH, SYA, etc. She needs to release a proper love song- but it can be fun or upbeat. It does not have to be mushy as I know she hates that.

AdamJ

i just wish she would have something soon on radio. Does anyone know if there is a possibility for a release of the Willie/Carrie duet anytime in the near future? It is going to be a long---long dry spell without Carrie music. Wonder if she has anything in the works besides writing/recording for her album this year.

rainbow1

I really don't think either of them are ready for a child yet as they are both busy with their careers. rainbow---what do you mean "among other reasons"? You lost me on that one. I hope Carrie has new music this year. Anxious to see what theme the album will take.

Well, I didn't want to say that was the only reason. Obviously she has a multitude of reasons that I know nothing about.

Farawayhills

We can never know a couple's reasons, or thoughts, on questions like that! (If it ever happens, It wouldn't surprise me one way or the other - but there seem to be no signs that it's likely soon)

AdamJ

Holiday break is over and am flying back to my home away from home tomorrow. Had a great time with my family and friends and hope everyone else did also. Time went by too fast though.