Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

Zman312

Unemployed.

Lmao. Knowing how loyal Carrie is, you know something happened where she no longer works with him.
Love that she works with other producers/directors now.

Now, if she is only willing to work with other producers aside from Mark Bright!

Louisa

Sony Music Nashville Prep Site | CARRIE UNDERWOOD: ?Little Toy Guns? Arrives Friday!

This Friday, January 30th, Carrie Underwood will debut the music video for her new single, “Little Toy Guns”! The video makes its world premiere exclusively on Carrie’s Facebook page (Facebook.com/CarrieUnderwood) at 10am, CT, so be sure to check it out!

• Carrie’s single for “Little Toy Guns” arrives digitally at country radio on January 30th, with an official airplay impact date of February 17th.
  • “Little Toy Guns” follow’s Carrie’s GRAMMY®-nominated “Something in the Water” as the second single from her chart-topping new album, Greatest Hits: Decade #1.
  • Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend, and you’ll want to be there from the beginning because Carrie Underwood will star in the special “Waiting All Day for a Super Bowl Fight” opening theme for NBC’s broadcast of Super Bowl XLIX [49]. Each week of the last two NFL seasons, Carrie’s performance of “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night” has kicked off Sunday Night Football. The opening theme for Super Bowl XLIX will feature new elements, including a special set design and lyrics featuring the New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks. About the opening, Carrie shared in a press release: “I’m so honored to again be a part of the Super Bowl, this time joining NBC Sports in helping kick everything off! I can’t wait to watch the game!” NBC’s coverage of Super Bowl XLIX begins at noon ET, with kick-off set for 6:30pm, ET.

Louisa

Review: Carrie Underwood powerful on new single 'Little Toy Guns' (Includes first-hand account)

Country star Carrie Underwood is back with her latest powerhouse single, "Little Toy Guns," and she knocks it out of the park.

The song has a moving message to it, and it is making its way up the Billboard Hot Country charts. Underwood co-wrote the song with fellow songwriters Chris DeStefano and Hillary Lindsey. Mark Bright returns as her producer for the tune and her Greatest Hits album.

It is the follow-up to her inspirational single "Something in the Water."

"Little Toy Guns" is a firm stance against domestic violence, and in many ways, its theme is similar to Martina McBride's "Independence Day." In the music video, the song is seen from the perspective of the child, whose parents are fighting, thus creating a hostile environment for the young girl.

"No smoke, no bullets, no kick from the trigger when you pull it, No pain, no damage done," Underwood sings. Her vocals are powerful and distinct. Underwood's music video may be seen on YouTube here:

The Verdict

Carrie Underwood gets better with each and every release lately, and many fans are bound to be moved. "Little Toy Guns" is no exception, and it garners 4.5 out of 5 stars.

For more information on Carrie Underwood and "Little Toy Guns," check out her official website.

Louisa

Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood’s “Little Toy Guns” Arrives with a Bang!

Friday’s Facebook Exclusive World Premiere Has Now Drawn More Than 5 Million Views;
PEOPLE.com Has Exclusively Debuted a Behind-the-Scenes Video Clip, Online Now

Underwood Kicks Off Super Bowl Sunday and Is Featured in a Star-Studded Musical Clip in a Sunday Edition of NBC’s Tonight Show
Six-time GRAMMY® Award winner and current GRAMMY double-nominee Carrie Underwood world premiered the music video for her new single, “Little Toy Guns,” exclusively on her Facebook page, Facebook.com/CarrieUnderwood, on Friday morning, with fans rushing en masse to see the new clip, which has now garnered more than 5 million views to date.

The music video is currently available for purchase HERE.

New today, fans can look for a special behind-the-scenes video clip, which premiered exclusively on PEOPLE.com HERE.

Directed by PR Brown and produced by Steve Lamar for Lamar Bros TV, the “Little Toy Guns” music video reunites Underwood with child actress Grace Rundhaug, who played Marta when Underwood starred in NBC’s 2013 ratings blockbuster, The Sound of Music LIVE!

“It’s been really nice to be with Grace again,” Underwood shared. “She’s such a talented little actress and such a sweetie. When I was trying to think of who I wanted to see in this video, I just saw her face.”

Underwood continued, “The whole concept of the song is basically how this little girl hears her parents fighting, and it really affects her.” Underwood credits director PR Brown with the video’s imaginative premise of an “incredible storybook theme where the little girl becomes the hero.”

See the “Little Toy Guns” music video HERE.

Written by Underwood, Chris DeStefano, and Hillary Lindsey, “Little Toy Guns” was digitally delivered to country radio as a single on Friday for an official airplay impact date of February 17.

Also this weekend, Underwood could be seen bookending Super Bowl XLIX, as she starred in the special “Waiting All Day for a Super Bowl Fight” opening theme for the game’s broadcast. The performance was an extension of Underwood’s role for the past two NFL seasons as the voice of Sunday Night Football’s opening theme, “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night.”

Underwood was also featured in a pre-taped clip in a post-game Sunday edition of NBC’s Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, as she joined Fallon, The Roots, and such other stars as One Direction, Ariana Grande, Usher, Sam Smith, Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, and more for an a cappella rendition of Queen’s classic, “We Are the Champions.” You can see the clip HERE.

“Little Toy Guns” is from Underwood’s chart-topping new album, Greatest Hits: Decade #1. Released December 9, the already-RIAA-Gold-certified collection includes 18 of her previous #1 hits, together with four songs in never-before-released versions, as well as the Billboard Hot Country Songs 7-week #1 smash, “Something in the Water.”

Underwood’s Greatest Hits: Decade #1 is available for sale HERE.

Louisa

HQ LTG promo photo:

LTG-image1200.jpg

HQ single cover: http://www.sonymusicnashville.com/sites/snashville/files/Single%20Art%20-%20Little%20Toy%20Guns.jpg

teesharky

^ Great photo!

Funny but after watching Nashville this week-- I thought immediately of the Carrie/Juliette similarities right now. Juliette is very pregnant on the show (and was in real life when filming)-- and she was bored so she kept going in the studio. She said it was the one thing she could do as she could just sit in a stool. lol

I recall Carrie saying she is bored with all this down time so she booked some shows this summer, etc- and decided to keep writing more for the new album.

I can't wait to see if any "pregnancy" songs make the album. I don't want songs about babies-- but I mean it will be interesting to see if her style changed pre-pregnancy to pregnancy to post-pregnancy due to all the emotions.

Gator

Yay! Listening to LTG on Whitney Allen's radio show right now! Sounds FANTASTIC on the radio! They just said that the baby is due early March!

Last edited:

liz278

I went on a walk today (it's a balmy 70° here in California) and was listening to this, it's a great CD for walking!