Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

maddkat

Staff member
those fool moderators at the fc deleted all our posts over there about the tweet.*eyeroll*
They're such a mess

Kizmet311

Carrie's team needs to make an announcement asap - as soon as they can get whatever is needed in order to make it public. There is no sense in delaying once that tweet is out there.

bubbasumner

Maybe it's one of the songs that's been registered lately. I personally liked the title "chaser" I imagine it as being a story song with chaser being a play on words. Like it could say chaser and "chase her" in the song. Kinda like good girl has a play on words in it.

Kizmet311

Well, it got really exciting around here for a little while and now it feels like before we found the tweet - just sit and wait, lol. I hope Carrie does get to do a big rollout for the single if she wants that, but I hope that since the surprise factor is gone with that tweet that they will just announce it and release it to iTunes at the same time, ideally with an album release date and maybe an album title. Hopefully her team can scramble and get it out, although they may have been timing the surprise with the Global Citizens festival. Still, even if her first performance is there, I think it would be smart to release the song before the festival. Honestly, if it wasn't for being a Carrie fan, I would know nothing about the concert and I think most people don't have a clue it's happening.

maddkat

Staff member
^ what else is there to do besides a press release and a release to radio/itunes?
I can't imagine what else there is to do.Especially if she's not debuting it till the 27th anyway. Just tell us.

this isn't like CC were the actual song leaked

thunder92

I think she should start building the buzz/momentum then perform it at the festival. Then release it to radio and itunes. Or release it to radio a week before the festival but wait til after the festival to release it to itunes

Kizmet311

^ what else is there to do besides a press release and a release to radio/itunes?
I can't imagine what else there is to do.Especially if she's not debuting it till the 27th anyway. Just tell us.

this isn't like CC were the actual song leaked

I really have no idea, lol. I personally think that is all that is needed and if the song is ready to go, just go ahead and put it all out there. Don't most singers just send it out into the world without much fanfare? I know a few will announce it on a news show like GMA or something and some do live-stream web conferences (wink), but those seem to be in the minority.

Kizmet311

I think she should start building the buzz/momentum then perform it at the festival. Then release it to radio and itunes. Or release it to radio a week before the festival but wait til after the festival to release it to itunes

I'll be honest, but I think that hearing it the first time at the festival isn't the best idea. Who knows about this concert besides people who are actually going and the die-hard fans of the artists that might actually watch it on MSNBC or stream it? Most people I know aren't going to spend their Saturday watching a concert on tv or the internet, so I think the audience for a debut of a single is very, very limited. I mean, I'm a die-hard Carrie fan and there is a good chance I won't even get to see the concert since I don't have MSNBC and with a two year old, it's not likely that I'll be able to sit down and watch it on the internet and get to actually pay attention to it. I think it would be better to release it to iTunes a few days before the concert.

simonplay

Guys maybe she want to release the music video at the same time and the video is not ready just yet.

And I think the CMA's are a better place to debut a new single. But I take anything at this point! lol

ethelu

Guys maybe she want to release the music video at the same time and the video is not ready just yet.

And I think the CMA's are a better place to debut a new single. But I take anything at this point! lol

But that doesn't fit with MY PLAN for a single now and the album in November, lol! She could announce the album at the CMAs when her performance of the single is introduced!

maddkat

Staff member
I'll be honest, but I think that hearing it the first time at the festival isn't the best idea. Who knows about this concert besides people who are actually going and the die-hard fans of the artists that might actually watch it on MSNBC or stream it? Most people I know aren't going to spend their Saturday watching a concert on tv or the internet, so I think the audience for a debut of a single is very, very limited. I mean, I'm a die-hard Carrie fan and there is a good chance I won't even get to see the concert since I don't have MSNBC and with a two year old, it's not likely that I'll be able to sit down and watch it on the internet and get to actually pay attention to it. I think it would be better to release it to iTunes a few days before the concert.

SS debuted a a regular concert and we spent almost 2 days listening to an awful recording trying to decipher the words ( Carrie actually came on and helped us) before it was released to radio.And it did very well.

If the new single is sung at the GC concert, being this is a huge event, the media will play snippets of it all weekend leading up to the release on Monday.It'll be fine

Louisa

I hope Carrie's team make an official announcement soon. Perhaps Carrie could blog about it on the FC. Hope to hear more details soon.

Louisa

I wonder what the song is going to be like. I hope it is a rocker. Carrie needs to come back with a bang and grab people's attention. I'm sure whatever it is it will be awesome. Can't wait. :-D

Edit:

Here's all the potential album 5 cuts we know about so far. I wonder if the new single is one of these songs.

Bxv6eh2CQAAw7gu.png:large

Kizmet311

I wonder what the song is going to be like. I hope it is a rocker. Carrie needs to come back with a bang and grab people's attention. I'm sure whatever it is it will be awesome. Can't wait. :-D

Edit:

Here's all the potential album 5 cuts we know about so far. I wonder if the new single is one of these songs.

Bxv6eh2CQAAw7gu.png:large

Thanks for compiling the list of potential cuts so beautifully! I do hope it isn't a rocker though, even if it isn't a boy basher. After CC and GG as lead singles and her most recent radio hit being Something Bad, I am so ready for something besides a rocker. She's also had an inspirational ballad this year (KUS), so I think this needs to be something completely different. Another inspirational ballad or another rocker, to me, is just the same old, same old. She needs to come out of the gate with something like BA or TBC that is radically different from anything she's done before (in my opinion). I'm not sure what that needs to be, but I want something different.