Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

pklongbeach

I'm just happy to know its coming. Carrie rarely has done "event releases" like Taylor throwing herself a fan party. That is just not her thing. I don't know why it is so hard to believe it is coming out end of Sept just like the tweet said. Maybe they are planning something for radio to do to introduce it. But one small tweet about the date doesn't change anything. It only adds excitement which her team should have been doing for the last month!!!!!
People should know its coming. What is the benefit of a surprise? I do understand her wanting radio to have it first. They love her and she honors that. But debuting it at the festival is not like releasing it ahead of radio. They will still have it ready to go.

I hope that's what she does. And I kind of hope for a worldwide crossover push. I see no reason Carrie can't have success on the world stage. She is an amazing ambassador to Country Music, and it will always be her home. Why not promote outside to let people know how great the genre is. It just makes sense to me.
The biggest names in the genre are doing it with no backlash, why not carrie as an ambassador??

pklongbeach

I like the idea of Black Gold or Red Rose Black.

Kear does some really interesting things with Carrie in mind. Those could be it!!

I hope its not Future Daughter :/ what if its a boy! ha ha ha ha.......

NC State Carrie Fan

I honestly hate this more than being in the dark because now we get word of a new Carrie single but its from a random guy so we dont know if its true or just a rumor....Please please please don't let it be just a rumor!

MSCarriefan

I said last wk we would get album news when we least expect it and we kinda did. I said the same thing a few weeks back and Carrie announced she was pregnant so I'm on a roll...lol

sco

Deleting the comment is suspicious to me... i agree it could mean that carrie's team had him delete it before the news get spread to any more people...

.... Or he deleted it because it was wrong? I'm not trying to be negative nancy but I would hate to see people get their hearts set on something and them be disappointed.

teesharky

^ I do not think it is a rumor. First of all, Windmills is the most reliable person on twitter. He/She gets alot of really good intel and inside info. He/She is not a troll and would never post something intentionally wrong to mislead fans.

Second- I read that the dj was asked to take the email down by Carrie's team apparently- so that means there could be truth to it if they did not want a leak. Or- they changed the date and did not want inaccurate info out.

Either way- this is the biggest lead we got in a long time- and it is more realistic then the SuperBowl rumor- so I am going to keep the Faith that it is true for now.

It just makes sense with the Global Citizen thing on 9/27.

I am confused why people thought it was the Christmas song? Christmas albums come out in October, but radio stations do not play Xmas singles until November. So there is no way All is Well would be released to radio 9/29. lol Way too early for Holiday music.

ethelu

I said last wk we would get album news when we least expect it and we kinda did. I said the same thing a few weeks back and Carrie announced she was pregnant so I'm on a roll...lol

I kept saying that a new single could be announced any day now and that just because it was quiet didn't mean nothing was going on, so I'm on a roll, too! The last week of August we were all dying, then the first week of September we get three pieces of news. You can never tell with Carrie, she's so darn hush, hush!

Farawayhills

I honestly hate this more than being in the dark because now we get word of a new Carrie single but its from a random guy so we dont know if its true or just a rumor....Please please please don't let it be just a rumor!

I don't know if this helps, but the tweet claimed to come from a radio programmer, working for a Country station in the Twin Cities, MN. This is the station's website:
BUZ'N @ 102.9 ? New BUZ'N Country

Hence, taking it at face value, the tweet did seem to come from someone who could have been in a position to know that new music was expected on that date. Of course, that doesn't prove the tweet was accurate, and as it's now been deleted, neither he nor the station would presumably want, or be able, to confirm it - but it may at least suggest that it was a little more than some random post.

Daraebe

It's interesting that we just started to get co-writes starting to pop up and now the thought of a lead single soon. The life of Carrie fans. When things get quiet, Carrie seems to always be up to something

carebearcarrie

I know this is a random place to ask, but does anyone know that other music board? Not Pulse. its called like atl and something else? lol sorry if this makes no sense.

carriethequeen

FINALLY WE HAVE SOMETHING TO CLING TO! A deleted tweet is all we have but look how excited we all are! Lol say she debuts it on 9/27 at the Global Citizen Festival, then it goes to radio and iTunes on 9/29. I REALLY hope the single is released to iTunes on 9/29 and NOT 9/27 so that it can have a full week of sales starting on that Monday. GG sold 108,000 copies in just 3 days, so if her new single has a full week it could have really good sales and debut higher on the Hot Country Songs chart and Hot 100.

Farawayhills

Thanks for compiling the list of potential cuts so beautifully! I do hope it isn't a rocker though, even if it isn't a boy basher. After CC and GG as lead singles and her most recent radio hit being Something Bad, I am so ready for something besides a rocker. She's also had an inspirational ballad this year (KUS), so I think this needs to be something completely different. Another inspirational ballad or another rocker, to me, is just the same old, same old. She needs to come out of the gate with something like BA or TBC that is radically different from anything she's done before (in my opinion). I'm not sure what that needs to be, but I want something different.

If it turns out to be true that she's premiering it at the Global Citizen concert, I think there's plenty of scope for something new and high impact.

I was looking at the Global Citizen website, and I was interested in the list of musicians who've supported them in the past. As you might expect, they come from all genres - but these are some of the names with a Country, Roots or Roots Rock connection, that caught my eye::

The Drive By Truckers
The Dixie Chicks
Bruce Springsteen
Tim McGraw
Wynonna Judd
Alabama Shakes
Bonnie Raitt
Dierks Bentley
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
Heart
Joan Baez

Carrie seems to be joining a list that's no stranger to some strong music that's not confined by predictable genre stereotypes. I think the field is pretty wide open for something new and interesting.

CarrieAddicted

I wanna kill myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I worked for Sony Music last year and I always got the news before the world.
(for example, last year, I got the news about K. Clarkson's Christmas album and JT's second 2013 album all before the world. And many others!)

Now, that I no longer work there, all these rumors about Carrie's new project are popping out.

I AM SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simonplay

FINALLY WE HAVE SOMETHING TO CLING TO! A deleted tweet is all we have but look how excited we all are! Lol say she debuts it on 9/27 at the Global Citizen Festival, then it goes to radio and iTunes on 9/29. I REALLY hope the single is released to iTunes on 9/29 and NOT 9/27 so that it can have a full week of sales starting on that Monday. GG sold 108,000 copies in just 3 days, so if her new single has a full week it could have really good sales and debut higher on the Hot Country Songs chart and Hot 100.

I agree with all of this!!

teesharky

Can I ask a question: Why did people think the song was the Christmas single? Radio does not play Christmas music until November. The album drops 9/30 but radio will not play it till November. So there is no way the new Carrie song is a Christmas song off Michael Smith's album.

EDIT: Unless I listen to the wrong radio stations. haha Are there radio stations that play Christmas music in September/October? lmao wow if true. lol