Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood Performing In 1998

Farawayhills

Thanks for finding those, Louisa Jessie. I love hearing her early work.

I knew that Carrie did quite a bit of early work in Fort Smith - but I had not come across this band, 71 South before (Carrie's better known work was with the Star Rise Band, also based in Fort Smith, who recorded Live in Little Rock with Carrie)

I've looked up the two co-writers of the first song. Chad Little (the guitarist she acknowledges on stage) is based in Sallisaw OK, where he designs and sells leather goods, including guitar straps, boots, belts and cuffs. He still posts music on ReverbNation.
The other writer, Jeremy Spillman (probably not present on stage), is well known in Nashville. He has written songs recorded by Lee Ann Womack, Eric Church, among others, and recently had a cut on Reba McEntire's faith album, co-written with the UK's own Lucie Silvas (co-incidentally, that newer song also has "Amen" in the title)