Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

LilUnderwood

I feel like with doing MG and MS she’s been feeling super creative so I wouldn’t be surprised if she has been working on another album at the same time as these. I remember in an interview she mentioned she’s always thinking about songs or jotting down ideas in a notebook or phone so I bet she has something up her sleeve!

adam1995

I definitely believe she's working on the next album, but am skeptical we'll get it this year. Would love to be wrong.

Bookgirl36

I definitely believe she's working on the next album, but am skeptical we'll get it this year. Would love to be wrong.

I have no doubts she was probably working on her next album way before the pandemic hit and has probably been writing songs for the next album and listening to demos but I agree that I’m skeptical that she’ll release it this year when there is still so much that’s uncertain about if people are going to be able to tour new music or if yours will really happen at all.I know she said she likes having a lot of irons in the fire and that she’s said that she has a lot of irons in the fire that she hasn’t spoken about yet.I would love to be wrong and get a studio album from her this year but I just don’t know if I see that happening. With all of the time she’s had at home,she’s probably had a lot of time to write songs and figure out how she wants her next album to sound so I don’t think she’s been sitting at home twiddling her thumbs doing nothing.This has seemed to be a really creative time period for her and a lot of other country artists.

^I personally doubt she was working on the next studio album way before the pandemic hit because she was very wrapped up with tour and the Christmas album. Time wise that wouldn’t seem entirely logical despite her being a hard worker. Maybe she had gotten a few demos but that was most likely the extent of it. I’m sure from this point onwards she’s working on it though.

PRGuy79

I'll go ahead an restate my request to the moderators: Can we please change the title of this thread to Carrie Underwood Studio Album 9? We have two studio albums preceding this one. Thank you!

maddkat

Staff member
I'll go ahead an restate my request to the moderators: Can we please change the title of this thread to Carrie Underwood Studio Album 9? We have two studio albums preceding this one. Thank you!
No, it's been decided that MG/MS will be considered special projects outside of Carrie's normal recording in country. So the next studio cd will be #7 in her country recording career.

PRGuy79

No, it's been decided that MG/MS will be considered special projects outside of Carrie's normal recording in country. So the next studio cd will be #7 in her country recording career.

Understood, it is just confusing. I can't find the thread for "My Savior" now, so it is difficult to keep straight how we are counting. And the label doesn't differentiate a country studio album from a Christian studio album or a Christmas studio album. They are full-length pieces of art filled with new material from an artist.

Can you highlight where the "My Savior" thread has been placed? I'm not seeing it in the other album threads.

Kizmet311

The My Gift forum will (hopefully) be retitled soon to say My Gift/My Savior since Carrie referred to My Savior as a companion album. Mods don't have access to change the names of forums or add new ones - we have to contact the site owner and his tech guy.

Also, to reiterate what Maddkat said, we consider the next album to be CU7 because we count her true album eras as those albums full of mostly original content and albums that are intended to be marketed to mainstream radio. My Gift is a seasonal album mostly covering Christmas classics and My Savior will mostly likely only receive airplay on the Christian chart and is anticipated to be almost entirely a covers album of church hymns.

jaymiee

I am SO excited to see where Carrie goes after My Savior. I personally am hoping for some fun upbeat country/rock that Carrie does so well. Cry Pretty to MG to MS is all very heavy and emotional material so im hoping she switches the pace up a little bit for the next album!

I really was hoping for this album Fall of 2021 but I think it really depends on what MS will be like. I actually hope there is a few originals on MS and specifically 1 lead like JTTW and SITW she can promote to country radio this year. If it is just a cover album of hyms with no radio promotion then i hope we get the lead single for CU7

PRGuy79

I predict we will have an original song on "My Savior" that will be promoted as a single to Christian and Country radio - like Something in the Water. If that happens, it could have heavy promotion to radio through the spring and summer.

adam1995

I am SO excited to see where Carrie goes after My Savior. I personally am hoping for some fun upbeat country/rock that Carrie does so well. Cry Pretty to MG to MS is all very heavy and emotional material so im hoping she switches the pace up a little bit for the next album!

I really was hoping for this album Fall of 2021 but I think it really depends on what MS will be like. I actually hope there is a few originals on MS and specifically 1 lead like JTTW and SITW she can promote to country radio this year. If it is just a cover album of hyms with no radio promotion then i hope we get the lead single for CU7

I think I understand what you mean about the highlighted part, but I won't call a Christmas album and a Christian album heavy material. MG, while reverent is still a joyous album since it's about the birth of Christ, and the Christian album should be joyful as well. But I get you mean they are all more serious in subject matter.

I'm not sure where Carrie goes from here, but I really want her to keep exploring with her music. I want her to make a really country sounding album, or one that taps into her life some more. I'm not as inclined to want her to go backwards to what she's already done.

Momin

These are the kind of interviews I want Carrie to do more for the new era. This interview is in Canada and I was surprised how in-depth it was compared to the coverage she gets in the US.

harissacbr

3 new unreleased songs by Carrie have leaked.
Desert Sun, Drink Us Away (potential hit, GORGEOUS song) and The Right Time.
I, obviously, WILL NOT post any link to them on here.
If anyone wishes to hear them, please send me a dm.

adam1995

3 new unreleased songs by Carrie have leaked.
Desert Sun, Drink Us Away (potential hit, GORGEOUS song) and The Right Time.
I, obviously, WILL NOT post any link to them on here.
If anyone wishes to hear them, please send me a dm.

I'm not asking to hear them, but where did they leak from?

If this is true, it's a shame, because we'll likely never hear them.

teesharky

Omg please be true. We need some news for the new album. Excited about the gospel album for sure- but I really need CU7.

Ok I’m just gonna say that if this ruined the chances of Drink Us Away making a future album, I’m going to be very sad. I feel weird/ guilty talking about it though, lol. Don’t want it to spread vastly. Maybe she doesn’t even know they leaked right now.

harissacbr

I’m pretty sure these songs were written/recorded for Cry Pretty.

Drink Us Away sounds very similar to Spinning Bottles lyrically