Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Anyone know if she has a studio in her house lol. She could record her album from home. She sounds so good recorded on a phone so she doesn't need anything crazy

While I was listening to her set yesterday I actually started wondering if she had a recording studio in her new house. The sound seemed really good.
I just randomly thought of that one song she talked about not making the Cry Pretty album but maybe making the next album. I wonder what that one is.

jamatthews83

I also wondered if she had her own studio for the Stagecouch set. Everything she's done from it seems to be audio only unless I've missed something?

I know, which is why I was surprised at the lack of video from Stagecouch.

I don’t think Thomas Rhett who was a headliner had any videos either. Eric Church only had one song video posted on the Stagecoach Instagram page. I think this is because it was played over radio, not like TV for the ACM TV special.

jamatthews83

You're probably right, I'm reading too much into that trailer which had videos of everyone and then a voiceover from Carrie at the end.

heymc

Hope Carrie will go the girlfriend country with CU7.

It would be good to have songs like Heartbeat and EUWY.

txacar

Oh God I hope not! Hopefully her songs are mature, not mushy.

Lol, don't think we have to worry about that. You know how she feels about mushy love songs. Maybe a token like the two mentioned but I think we'll continue to see Carrie songs with a message and songs with a lot of grit. I would love her to do more songs like Wine after Whiskey and other goodies that were never released.

heymc

I believe CU7 needs to have lesser mature songs to gain new younger fans. Carrie cannot keep on recording mature songs that are tailored to older fans otherwise she might likely not be ‘relevant’ in country radio anymore. It’s ok to have a couple of mature songs on the new album.

jamatthews83

Young people aren't going to stream a 37 year old woman. The occasional EUWY or TSTWUTMLT is fine but it's not a viable long term strategy. At this point she just needs to make the music she wants to make and not worry about chasing younger audiences.

jamatthews83

Shania years ahead of her time. I wouldn't object to it, but given her attitude towards remixing her songs for pop it's pretty much a non starter.

In terms of Carrie’s listeners, I really don’t think lots of people care about how old she is. I mean it might be a slight factor, but I doubt people are googling how old she is and determining if they want to listen to her music based off of that. I think songs such as TSTWUTMLT show a different side of Carrie which I like.

adam1995

She just needs songs that connect to people. That doesn't mean she has to lower the quality of the material to connect. Adele has had very mature music at a very young age, and connects with millions. Quality trumps commercial appeal for me.

heymc

She just needs songs that connect to people. That doesn't mean she has to lower the quality of the material to connect. Adele has had very mature music at a very young age, and connects with millions. Quality trumps commercial appeal for me.

CP should be written based on some of Carrie's personal experience and perspective. These songs include Cry Pretty, Spinning Bottles, The Bullet, Love Wins and Kingdom. The lyrics on CP album were quite matured, sad and heavy. It might be the trend 3-4 years ago but definitely in today's climate.

Carrie might want to make CU7 a little more acoustic with the writings showing some positivity. I'm not sure if Carrie has ventured into an area of writing album based on a girl's perspective in her 20s. The album should cover the stories of growing up to falling in love, loving the wrong man then found the right man. It would be good to have songs like EUWY or Heartbeat. However, I'm not expecting the entire album to be full of girlfriend country.

Below are some songs based on her catalog that should fit CU7:

Backsliding
Unapologize
Good in Goodbye
Do You Think About Me
End Up With you
Heartbeat

adam1995

CP should be written based on some of Carrie's personal experience and perspective. These songs include Cry Pretty, Spinning Bottles, The Bullet, Love Wins and Kingdom. The lyrics on CP album were quite matured, sad and heavy. It might be the trend 3-4 years ago but definitely in today's climate.

Carrie might want to make CU7 a little more acoustic with the writings showing some positivity. I'm not sure if Carrie has ventured into an area of writing album based on a girl's perspective in her 20s. The album should cover the stories of growing up to falling in love, loving the wrong man then found the right man. It would be good to have songs like EUWY or Heartbeat. However, I'm not expecting the entire album to be full of girlfriend country.

Below are some songs based on her catalog that should fit CU7.

Backsliding
Unapologize
Good in Goodbye
Do You Think About Me
End Up With you
Heartbeat

But Carrie is closer to 40 than 30, she shouldn't be writing in the voice of a 23 year old, unless the song is one looking at memories of that time, like Tue unreleased "That November". It would be like Luke Bryan in his 40s still doing those Spring Break albums. They sound forced and awkward.

heymc

But Carrie is closer to 40 than 30, she shouldn't be writing in the voice of a 23 year old, unless the song is one looking at memories of that time, like Tue unreleased "That November". It would be like Luke Bryan in his 40s still doing those Spring Break albums. They sound forced and awkward.

Not say it must be her, it could be from someone else's memories.

maddkat

Staff member
None of Carrie's next cd should be 'girlfriend country' imo, by the time it comes out she'll be at least 38. It
s so embarrassing when someone 40 tries to act like they're 21. Just look at all the embarrassing crap the old men of country put out.

Now if she wants a song on there reminiscing about her younger days that would make sense.

I am not worried about Carrie pulling a Luke Bryan who still acts like he is living it up in college...Carrie is able to make music that is mature but still fun and intriguing at the same time. I like that Carrie is diverse and has thought provoking music with important messages like Spinning Bottles, but she still has uplifting positive songs as well.

I don't like Grady Smith because he's always weird towards Carrie, kind of similar to the guy from Saving Country Music, but he had a video about how the new trend is boyfriend country. Carrie doesn't need to follow this trend and gloat about her love and basic topics along those lines.