Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

adam1995

carriethequeen

Even if an album isn't ready until early 2022, I am hopeful for a lead single earlier than this fall for two reasons:
1) This is currently the longest break from country radio in Carrie's career, meaning she has never gone this long before without a single promoted to country radio (including album singles and collaborations). I think a break is good after the way radio reacted to Cry Pretty's singles, but I would imagine her label would be eager to get her back on airwaves with a new single.
2) Singles are taking longer than ever in recent memory to climb the charts, unless your name is Luke Combs. The typical 20ish weeks to peak during the Storyteller era can now be 30-40 weeks even for big named stars, and much much longer for newer artists. The CP single came 5 months before the album, and with Carrie's recent shaky standing on country radio, I don't think a lead single 6-7 months before an album is out of question. If you want 4 singles from an album these days, and your first name isn't Luke or Thomas, you need to start early.

montdu39

I hope she comes out with a catchy fun single for the next album. Something radio won’t be able to resist playing. I want a smash!

Also, I listened to the leaked songs. You can tell they are demos or unfinished, but still cool to hear Carrie’s voice on new country songs. Nice little surprise for me tonight as I was looking through this thread.

heymc

It seems like CU9 new single won’t drop until 2022. My Savior is still selling well and she’s likely to push for “Favourite Time of Year” as single this Christmas around (Late Oct-Dec period). If it is based on the above, somehow I do see a potential conflict in timeline.

Last edited:

adam1995

It seems like CU9 new single won’t drop until 2022. My Savior is still selling well and she’s likely to push for “Favourite Time of Year” as single this Christmas around (Late Oct-Dec period). If it is based on the above, somehow I do see a potential conflict in timeline.
A Christmas single doesn't really have much bearing on a regular country single, in my opinion. I agree, I don't think we will see a single until at earliest, early next year, but for I feel that for different reasons.

angeliccarrie

In my little dream world, she can maybe drop her new album early next year and then do the superbowl half time show. Of course the lead single would be released before then.

Zach1998

The quote for the press release for Carrie's Vegas residency that says "as well as a look to what's ahead" makes me believe that we will be getting a lead single by the time her residency starts. Anyone else get that vibe?

countrymusicfan15

I’m wondering if a Carrie/Luke Super Bowl halftime show could be in the works. The timing would work out perfectly for promoting the Vegas stuff plus hopefully a new album for Carrie! Of course I’d rather her headline on her own lol

FanSince04

I’m wondering if a Carrie/Luke Super Bowl halftime show could be in the works. The timing would work out perfectly for promoting the Vegas stuff plus hopefully a new album for Carrie! Of course I’d rather her headline on her own lol
Ugh... I don’t think Luke Bryan could bring the energy Carrie will and it won’t be a good move if this does happen. I don’t see them meshing well.