Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood vs. Austin Webb – The Showdown

Farawayhills

Austin Webb has had four single releases - with 40 being his highest airplay chart position so far.

This song is interesting, in that it's written by frequent Carrie collaborators Josh Kear and Chris Tompkins, (together with Mark Irwin), and it actually name-drops Carrie
"going all Carrie Underwood on my truck"

The implication in the hook line that Carrie represents an "all Country" attitude is a tribute to the way many see her - but, although, lyrically, it is intended to reverse the Bro Country attitude, by suggesting a female come back - it's music is very much in the vein of the present Mainstream trend, and I'm not sure how much impact the song will have in a crowded male radio market. Even if it does, I think it would be more of an alternative to the other guys than to Carrie herself, who has gone for a much more unusual lyrical theme.