Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood vs. Bo Bice

hjj

I have to agree w/ that assessment mostly. I loved Bo also, but his health and that he was into a genre-Southern Rock that was not relevant any longer has made it difficult for him to succeed. However, who knows w/ his move to country maybe it will help him. I think it has made it difficult to follow Carrie she was so obviously a star in waiting on AI.

cpeTN89

It was good to see a recap of Season 4. Certainly a blast from the past. I agree about Bo. I think he was excellent but it is definitely hard to compete against Carrie considering she was destined to be a Star the second she walked through the doors in that pink shirt :)

utlovescarrie

Still my ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE SEASON OF AI EVER!!!! I loved the David v David season also but season 4 was and always will be my favorite season. Not only because of Carrie but also most of the singers were good AND fun. I also liked the format better. I still believe that letting contestants always use instruments is bad for the show and the performer. Too many use them to hide behind. I like them being able to use instruments but it should be limited - making the performer step out and grow.

I loved season 4, not only because of Carrie (even though that makes up a great deal of my love for it) but I think the people were more interesting and more talented. Every finale I prepare myself for one equal to season 4's but I don't think anything could ever compare

hjj

I like the instruments but I don't think anyone has won that have not played guitar since they allowed instruments. It should be more about vocalists since you always can hire the band but your vocals are your vocals and of course a little help w/ studio fine tuning, lol.

allamericangirl8

It's kinda funny. The first episode I ever saw of AI was the season four finale. And I voted for Carrie based on that episode. Haha. And then I forgot about her for two-three years and here I am.

Carrieflattsfan

I LOVED season 4 of Idol; I don't think any other season compares. For one thing, I liked the natural chemistry between the three judges; it didn't become all about them, like it did last season. I liked when the show had contestants sing different styles of music, while they were still able to tweak each specific song to fit their comfort zone. I hated when Idol chose to make the genres so narrow.
I'm not a fan of making the backstories of each constants such a focus, either. In season 4, it seemed like we were still able to learn interesting things about the contestants while getting to know who they were each week, but I don't like the network pimping the same story over and over again.
I don't remember all the specifics of the season, but I seem to remember season 4 contestants having to answer unique questions (share something unique about them, chose a rock song from their birth year, etc. I liked when everyone was given a little more freedom to be themselves. If you're not comfortable singing Frank Sinatra, why should you have to?
I thought some of the changes were creative at first, but looking at the bigger picture, it didn't do much for anyone. It may serve a purpose for a singer/songwriter to sing their own songs, but there are lots of others who don't want to do that. Again, it goes back to my issue with making the contestants become too confined.
Realistically, I don't think the changes help anyone in the end, either. There are a lot of things that work within the context of the show, but in truth, those are not the contestants America wants to support outside of the show. Unless you listen to singer/songwriter types, is Brooke White going to do well within the context of the "real world?"

I thought Bo and Carrie had different strengths, and I think they were the strongest top two in Idol history. Both were vocally talented, versatile, and relatable people. I thought it was awesome to see them be so openly supportive of each other; I don't think it was an act, and they seemed to be good friends too.

I think it added to the show that Bo and Carrie were two completely opposite individuals/performers, but equally talented.
In seasons after, it seemed lilke there was always some sort of phony controversy, or the performers were too similar for people to care about who won (Kris/Lee/Taylor).

I had high hopes for Idol, but Carrie has always been my favorite Idol contestant (and favorite artist, since the end of Idol). Now it seems the judges/producers are trying too hard to find "the next Carrie Underwood" or the "next Kelly Clarkson" instead of simply focusing on what makes each individual unique.