Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood WILL be working on a new album this year!

supercarriefan

Yes, the period in between albums will drive us crazy as it will be very quite. However, unlike 2009, we have more stuff to look forward too.

A song in Lori Mckenna's album
A duet with Randy Travis
A duet with Craig Morgan
SOUL SURFER!!!!!

and other possible collobrations, projects!!!

I REALLY WANT A SINGLE DUET WIT BRAD AND CARRIE!!!
CROSS RAOD WITH GnAxles

I thought Lori McKenna had written a song that Carrie had recorded for something unknown, not that Carrie was appearing on Lori's album.

teesharky

Whew! I'm so relieved! lol. I don't think I can last until 2012 without new Carrie song, will suffer from withdrawal symptoms lol!

agree! I can never understand it when people keep saying they want her to take years and years off to rest. lol If she does that, she may as well retire now. She is way too young and new to all this to be slowing down already.....especially given her competition with Miranda and Taylor.

I think she was just really really burned out and tired when she gave those radio interviews.....and maybe she didn't really want to think about it right now. lol

teesharky

^ I really hope Carrie writes a song for Soul Surfer. I am very surprised they haven't mentioned a soundtrack yet.

hjj

Carrie may want to keep her singing career separate from her acting career. However if she gets the chance to portray Dolly Parton/ Tammy Wynette she better do it, lol.

supercarriefan

Tee, when did anyone here say they wanted Carrie to take years and years off lol? I certainly don't remember reading that. People have simply said if she takes longer on an album this time, it might be for the better. Carrie is not in the same league as Miranda btw...Carrie has hit a much higher league and is much more stable in her career than Miranda. I'm not even going to compare Carrie's career status to Taylor's because at this point, they are such different tracks in so many ways lol.
I think sometimes we forget Carrie is human, and has been working pretty much non-stop for more than five years. She is entitled to take a little time off, but as people have said, Carrie likes her work, so she will work this year. I hope she has a more restful year than she did last year though. I hope she takes time to be something other than a singer/songwriter/performer/actress/celeb. I know that people might not like me saying that, but Carrie has worked hard and deserves to enjoy life as just a regular person to some degree.

teesharky

^ I agree that of course she deserves to rest and relax. lol You can tel how burned out and tired she was in her radio interviews lately. I honestly think she answered vaguely about the album because she was so tired she didn't even want to think of working on it yet. lol I don't blame her one bit, and I am glad she is taking a little time off this year to regroup and re-energize. The next album is critical, and needs to be the best she has ever done. I am also one of those people that want Carrie to tour LESS cities next time, but do bigger venues in bigger cities, so that she won't get so burned out.... Also, it would give her more time to see Mike, and more time to make really special events like the Hall of Fame concerts, Loretta Lynn tributes, etc, and other fun projects that she always misses out on when she tours so much. Maybe if she tours less dinky cities in the USA where she doesn't even make much money anyway, she can finally find time to tour overseas and see her international fans.

However, this is a business, unfortunately, so she needs to stay on pace with her competition, and keep her momentum and buzz going strong the way it is now. I think she needs to release a new album in late 2011 to stay on pace with Miranda and Taylor, and also take advantage of the biggest sales months, CMA effect, AMA performance, etc. Spring releases don't do as well unless you are freakin' Lady Gaga or even SWSRN right now....lol Taking some time off is good....but taking a whole year off without a new album would cause her to lose momentum at a critical stage of her career, since she is still on top and hasn't peaked yet. Once she peaks, she can do whatever she wants, release albums every 3 years if she wants, etc, and tour sporadically so she can raise kids and have a life. But right now, she is still at her prime of her career, with tons of opportunities ahead of her that she hasn't tapped yet (possibly in acting, collaborating with other artists, touring overseas, etc). Sadly, in this business, out of sight, is out of mind, especially when she has fierce competition in Miranda and Taylor.

pklongbeach

First off can I just say (and your not even gonna believe it) I only just heard Oklahoma Wind. And "Are you kidding me??" How did that not make the album? I am with some of you who believe she has special plans for it. It really is the best thing she has writen to date.
And on time between albums: I will say one thing about a comment that Tee made with regard to staying on course with TS and ML. Carrie has reached a level now that regardless of when she releases it will be a big deal. And truthfully, the longer she waits, the bigger the deal will be. No one is ever going to "forget" Carrie Underwood". She will simply have to open her mouth again and the wheels will be turning again.
So no worries about when. The biggest issue I have now is "what".
The material has to be not just good anymore but great. Oklahoma Wind is on another level. She may have meant by her comment about "taking whatever time it takes to make the next album" to mean, "when the right material comes together". Carrie Underwood no longer has to rush anything. She should be looking for the next huge legedary hit single. Not cramming for a release date.

bigbluegrl23

First off can I just say (and your not even gonna believe it) I only just heard Oklahoma Wind. And "Are you kidding me??" How did that not make the album? I am with some of you who believe she has special plans for it. It really is the best thing she has writen to date.
And on time between albums: I will say one thing about a comment that Tee made with regard to staying on course with TS and ML. Carrie has reached a level now that regardless of when she releases it will be a big deal. And truthfully, the longer she waits, the bigger the deal will be. No one is ever going to "forget" Carrie Underwood". She will simply have to open her mouth again and the wheels will be turning again.
The material has to be not just good anymore but great. Oklahoma Wind is on another level. She may have meant by her comment about "taking whatever time it takes to make the next album" to mean, "when the right material comes together". Carrie Underwood no longer has to rush anything. She should be looking for the next huge legedary hit single. Not cramming for a release date.

the reason i bolded this is because i REALLY want people to remember what the end of the carnival ride era was like. taylor was huge with fearless and we were all stressed that carrie was getting left behind blah blah blah. this always happens when an artist doesnt have something on the radio or when an artist has come to the end of the album. for instance, after fergies album, she took a break and i even thot, well i guess shes gone, and then she came back again with the black eyed peas and its like she never left. this happens ALL THE TIME in this industry. we feel like artists are gone when they are working on stuff, and then its like they never left once they come back. now, flashforward to when carrie released Cowboy Casanova. that song flew to the top faster than any song in 2009 BECAUSE radio was going INSANE waiting for carrie music. i love miranda, and i love taylor, but i am so past the point of feeling threatened by them simply because we are talking about carrie freaking underwood. my goodness, she has 13 number ones, and she released 14 singles. my lord, the girl could retire now and still be a bigger legend in country music then miranda or taylor just by her single record alone, never mind all the other things shes done. i feel like we all are down because mamas song didnt go number 1 (it went number 2 dum dum dum haha, see how crazy we are lol)... once carrie comes back with more music, the world will be reminded again, who the biggest country star of this generation really is. and can i say, compared to other country generations, the fact that carrie (a woman) is on top is remarkable (shes not in the same gen at keith, brad and kenny imo)
becca T

Jade_kt

All I care about it is Carrie putting out a great album. If she puts out a great album and music people like, she will be in great shape.

teesharky

In Country music, I have noticed a trend that everyone is releasing more and more albums in a shorter period of tme, unlike in other genres. Miranda, Taylor, Blake, Brad, Kenny, Keith, George, Rascal Flatts, etc, all seem to pump out new albums like there is no tomorrow, and they ALL tour every single year, without fail. How do they manage to do that? They never seem to take any large gaps of time off. How do they manage to do that? I noticed that they all tour significantly less then Carrie. Carrie tours twice as much as they do. I wonder why? Maybe Carrie really does need to cut down on the touring dates.

I don't want Carrie to wait years for her next album just so she can have a big comeback. She shouldn't have to "come back" at all since she is still at the top of her game. If she wants to stay competitive with the rest of country music artists, that all seem to pump out new albums and new tours like they are changing shoes, then she has to find a way to rest a little more on touring years, maybe, and cut down on some dates.

Carrieflattsfan

In Country music, I have noticed a trend that everyone is releasing more and more albums in a shorter period of tme, unlike in other genres. Miranda, Taylor, Blake, Brad, Kenny, Keith, George, Rascal Flatts, etc, all seem to pump out new albums like there is no tomorrow, and they ALL tour every single year, without fail. How do they manage to do that? They never seem to take any large gaps of time off. How do they manage to do that? I noticed that they all tour significantly less then Carrie. Carrie tours twice as much as they do. I wonder why? Maybe Carrie really does need to cut down on the touring dates.

I don't want Carrie to wait years for her next album just so she can have a big comeback. She shouldn't have to "come back" at all since she is still at the top of her game. If she wants to stay competitive with the rest of country music artists, that all seem to pump out new albums and new tours like they are changing shoes, then she has to find a way to rest a little more on touring years, maybe, and cut down on some dates.

I'm sure Carrie will find a way to balance touring, making albums, and making time for herself as time goes on. If you notice, it's fairly common for most artists to focus on albums & tour more in the begining of their careers, and they do so until they have a few years under their belt and they have enough power to control their own schedules.
Tons of artists tour all year, and make albums on the road, or even during "time off."
I'll use Rascal Flatts as an example here: I believe they tour most of the year, and usually have about three months off during the regular year, as well as time for the holidays. Gary has said that they chose to schedule most of their tour dates during the weekend, so they can have a few days off on the weekend with their famlies.
I'm sure a lot of artists establish similar routines once the demands of their careers settle down a bit.
As another example, I've heard George Strait rarely tours, and he is able to stay out of the public eye until he wants to make an apperance, but he has the control to fit in flexibility when it works for him.
Carrie will undoubtdly want to settle down once she starts a family, but considering she's still young, her and Mike have hot careers, and she has the schedule to continue going at a higher pace, she probably wants to get enough experience/albums in as possible before she settles down and WANTS a break.
It's not uncommon for younger artists to tour more, and be more active in the public eye.
It may seem like artists have no time to make albums, but they're working off the road, and always seem to have meetings and such. Just because you are off the road doesn't mean much in terms of artistry/work ethic when the lights go down. :D

rainbow1

Speaking as someone who doesn't follow Miranda.....I'm not aware of anything she has done since she got all those awards! I know she will perform at the Grammys, but I haven't seen her on TV, at the Golden Globes or in an upcoming Movie. Haven't seen Tay on TV either!! What ever Carrie decides, I don't think she has a thing to worry about!!;)

Jade_kt

Even though Miranda isn't as popular as Carrie or TS, I respect her country roots and I really loved THTBM and liked White Liar. Miranda has grown in her own. But still not a fan of her other songs. Hated Only prettier and would turn the station when it would come on on radio. Whereas w/ Carrie, I pretty much can listen to all her songs and enjoy them.

Off topic, love Reba's single Turn up the radio.

supercarriefan

Well said, Patrick!

pklongbeach

Love you, mean it, but you have to see the contridiction here.
You state that Carrie has to stay competative with singers that change out albums like they change their shoes!
I don't want Carries material to ever been overlooked like that. I want it to be a big deal everytime.
I honestly can not keep track of Chesney or Straite album releases or the albums themselves. They run together like there is no charactor to them at all. I can't even name one.
I only know that Kenny came back from a bad marriage and had alot of feelings to express on his album that year. And that is cool. And I think it resinated. But then he went right back to churning out music.
I don't want that for Carrie.

HuiZ

Well said.

Also, staying competitive with others shouldn't just mean putting out an album to remind people of her existence every 2 years. It defeats the purpose of releasing an album if the album isn't up to par with Carrie's vision/wishes etc. Staying competitive also means improving in the album quality to keep pace with other critically-acclaimed albums/artists, as well as bringing something fresh to the fans.

Nobody said Carrie needs to take a year off, I don't know why that was repeated so many times. Many are just saying if Carrie takes a little bit longer to make album #4 perfect, that's ok. A Feb 2012 release date isn't going to differ THAT much from Nov 2011. Yeah sure, it'll miss the Black Friday and Christmas sales but since so many people are hoping for a more critically-acclaimed album, give the poor girl time to make one! lol

supercarriefan

Great posts Patrick and Huiz!

I agree so much with everything you both said.
I don't want Carrie to just record whatever material comes along every two years so she can stay in the spotlight. I don't even realize when some country artists come out with albums because it seems they never take time to let people miss them. I want Carrie to find the very best material, so that when she returns with album #4, regardless of when it releases, people will sit up and take notice. I don't want to settle for less than the best just so she can stick to the every two year schedule. Making a critically -acclaimed album takes time. If we all want Carrie to get praise from critics, win tons of awards, and please us, then we've got to be patient and allow Carrie as much time as she needs.

I believe Carrie will have the best selling country album, and probably overall album, for the week (or multiple weeks) regardless of when she releases. Plus, so many artists release in the Fall and there is so much competition for sales. If Carrie released in Spring, she would face less competition, and still get lots of promo. Carrie is no longer a new artist that needs to compete...she is a huge country superstar who will go down in country music history as one of the greats.

Huiz, I don't know where people are getting this bit about people wanting Carrie to take a year off either. I haven't read that anywhere lol. Just because we want her to take a little longer with the next album, if needed, doesn't mean we are saying she is taking the year off. She has some projects this year that will keep her image out there, so obviously she will be working. We all know that.

Kizmet311

I don't know about the boys, but Miranda and Taylor have been on pretty much the same schedule release as Carrie so far - every two years with a total of three albums. Miranda and Carrie have been in the same release years with Taylor coming the year after. Kenny always churned out music because he needed new music for his tours because he was touring EVERY year, even the years of album releases, so he needed more material faster. That's why he got so burned out and took last year off from touring completely and just worked on the album. And although I haven't listened to the whole album a lot, SWY is the best Kenny song I have heard in years. It's amazing and I could listen to it on repeat constantly.

The girls seem to be in more of a pattern of record and release one year and tour the next, although Miranda hasn't done a real headlining tour yet, so she may do shorter touring stints more often either as an opener or at small venues. As long as Carrie just does the big tour every other year, there is no need for her to rush albums out to keep up with the rest. The boys need music faster so they can keep up their yearly tour schedules or everyone is going to stop paying to hear the same songs.

teesharky

I think SWSRN's annual album re-releases make me think of her as releasing a new album every year. lol I think we better prepare ourselves for the new SWSRN re-release to come out a week before or after Carrie's new album in late 2011, just like last time when she did that to Carrie for PO's release. She tries to steal carrie's thunder everytime by releasing her re-release right around the time Carrie's album comes out. Very sad. Thank God Miranda doesn't do that . lol

I like Carrie's schedule of a tour every other year, as I think people get sick of seeing the same artists every year on tour. While I have my favorites that I see every year (Dave Matthews Band, etc), normally, I try to alternate the artists I see every year (except for Carrie of course lol). But really, Miranda and Taylor both tour every single year, to some extent. They don't take off a year for touring like Carrie. Taylor's Fearless Tour was extended from both 2009-2010. Miranda was an opening act most of the time the past few years, but she still toured every year with someone, or on her tiny headlining "tour" of 2,000 people venues. Either way, she tours every year even when working on an album.

I see what you are saying about the boys though. They churn out albums every year like butter. lol

I don't know about the boys, but Miranda and Taylor have been on pretty much the same schedule release as Carrie so far - every two years with a total of three albums. Miranda and Carrie have been in the same release years with Taylor coming the year after. Kenny always churned out music because he needed new music for his tours because he was touring EVERY year, even the years of album releases, so he needed more material faster. That's why he got so burned out and took last year off from touring completely and just worked on the album. And although I haven't listened to the whole album a lot, SWY is the best Kenny song I have heard in years. It's amazing and I could listen to it on repeat constantly.

The girls seem to be in more of a pattern of record and release one year and tour the next, although Miranda hasn't done a real headlining tour yet, so she may do shorter touring stints more often either as an opener or at small venues. As long as Carrie just does the big tour every other year, there is no need for her to rush albums out to keep up with the rest. The boys need music faster so they can keep up their yearly tour schedules or everyone is going to stop paying to hear the same songs.

Last edited:

teesharky

I agree with you that I don't want Carrie to churn out new crappy half-ass albums every single year like Kenny and George Strait do, or Taylor's re-releases, etc, if the quality suffers. However, just because Carrie is a "big supestar" does not mean she doesn't have to compete. Sometimes I think we take it for granted that Carrie will just keep getting nominated and asked to special events based on her celebrity status, but that isn't the case. You have to be on top and popular NOW to get nominations and performance slots at award shows, etc or other events. They are not going to invite has beens. Carrie has to compete everyday to stay relevant and on top of her game. All of them do, even Martina and Faith, both of whom are fading away a bit and struggling to stay relevant. Both are superstars, but that doesn't mean they don't have to compete to stay relevant.

When you are a legend like Dolly or Reba or Loretta Lynn, you don' thave to worry about competition anymore. But Carrie is not there yet. She has to fight to hold her place at the top and stay relevant. Album sales and chart success are VERY important, as you can see by the AMA and Billboard nominations, etc, and even the PCAS etc. You don't get nominations at these events once you are old news and not selling well. Martina and Faith are no longer nominated for these events, because the AMA nom's are based on sales, etc.

I think sometimes, we are all so spoiled, we just assume Carrie is going to keep getting nominated at every event just based on her name alone. It doesn't work that way. Much of this is based on hype, buzz, popularity, sales, and chart success, and who is HOT right now.... So if Carrie just sits on her laurels and allows her biggest competition to gain ground on her while she waits years before putting out an album, she will regret it. She will lose momentum and buzz, andwill have to fight hard to make a comeback like Christina Aguilera and Jlo, both of whom are struggling now.

This is a business, after all, about making profits and selling your brand name. People that are old news don't get endorsements anymore, nor do they get the kinds of nominations Carrie gets. All of them, even Madonna, have to keep on fghting to stay relevant and hot, or else, they fade away. Sure they are still Big stars, but they will not get any love at award shows and their sales will suffer.
At age 27, Carrie is just starting her career still....and she has a long way to go before she reaches legend status like Dolly where she can just do whatever she wants She still has to fight to keep her name out there and stay relevant. All of them do, even Gwyneth Paltrow who took time off for the kids. She is now suddenly everywhere, trying to get back out there. No one is immune.

Great posts Patrick and Huiz!

I agree so much with everything you both said.
I don't want Carrie to just record whatever material comes along every two years so she can stay in the spotlight. I don't even realize when some country artists come out with albums because it seems they never take time to let people miss them. I want Carrie to find the very best material, so that when she returns with album #4, regardless of when it releases, people will sit up and take notice. I don't want to settle for less than the best just so she can stick to the every two year schedule. Making a critically -acclaimed album takes time. If we all want Carrie to get praise from critics, win tons of awards, and please us, then we've got to be patient and allow Carrie as much time as she needs.

I believe Carrie will have the best selling country album, and probably overall album, for the week (or multiple weeks) regardless of when she releases. Plus, so many artists release in the Fall and there is so much competition for sales. If Carrie released in Spring, she would face less competition, and still get lots of promo. Carrie is no longer a new artist that needs to compete...she is a huge country superstar who will go down in country music history as one of the greats.

Huiz, I don't know where people are getting this bit about people wanting Carrie to take a year off either. I haven't read that anywhere lol. Just because we want her to take a little longer with the next album, if needed, doesn't mean we are saying she is taking the year off. She has some projects this year that will keep her image out there, so obviously she will be working. We all know that.