Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood's Calia by Carrie

The Nanook

Very intrigued about this. My initial read was that the brand has gotten big enough that Carrie was just moving on to a more hands off role somehow and not being involved in the design process anymore. But based on Calia's reply it does sound like a total separation. Seems wrong though to have Calia by [new celebrity].

Carrie has put a lot into creating a health and wellness image (Calia, her book, fitness app, and Body Armor) so a split would be a surprise. I always thought there was a logical next step for the brand and assumed that Carrie had ambitions to try to expand Calia beyond just Dick's Sporting Goods. Though that may not be possible given the partnership with Dick's, so maybe this is Carrie taking her name/brand elsewhere. Hopefully more news about this comes out.

PRGuy79

Very intriguing that they would announce it was her last collection and that the brand would engage with her on Twitter to tease something next. It makes me think the brand will continue without Carrie's direct involvement. She may have outgrown it and plans to add to her fitness empire with another venture that gives her more freedom/control. If she's built the brand to last beyond her involvement, that highlights how successful Calia has been.

mbh

Sounds like Calia will continue just not with Carrie as the designer
I agree with you! As consumers are becoming better educated and have faster access to information, blind faith in celebrity endorsement is beginning to wane. They will be attracted to a brand because of a celebrity but they will quickly move away if the product does not perform. It’s the quality of your product that will keep consumers coming back, not a celebrity link. Consumers are more aware of what they are buying! So, in order to expand and continue a never-ending pursuit of an ever-higher standard of excellence ... **THEY HIRED A NEW "WELL SKILLED DESIGNER"!** and our **CARRIE WILL CONTINUE THE "CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENT" OF "CALIA BY CARRIE"!** Think of Michaelangelo's scenes from Genesis on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel or his statue of David. Think of Shakespeare''s Henry V. Think of a beautifully designed building, like the the masterpieces of Frank Lloyd Wright or Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.

mbh

This is our Carrie's statement in her "Facebook Page" and "Instagram" ... "Our new Holiday/Winter line for CALIA by Carrie is here, probably my favorite collection we’ve done! This new product hitting stores now will be my last collection, which I will continue to share more of over the coming months. I am so proud of everything we’ve created and built, and look forward to seeing where CALIA goes from here! I’m excited about all the future has to bring!
❤️
💪
" ... If our Carrie is excited about all the future "CALIA By Carrie" has to bring ... then, she will continue the "Celebrity Endorsement" of "CALIA By Carrie"!

Last edited:

sco

Doesn't Carrie own Calia though? So even if she's not the designer, she does own it, right?
I'm not sure about the business model or Carrie's contract but Calia is not a separate company so Dick's still owns the brand.

Reactions: mbh

mbh

I'm not sure about the business model or Carrie's contract but Calia is not a separate company so Dick's still owns the brand.
This explains it all ... CLICK and read: https://www.yournextshoes.com/calia-carrie-underwood/
CALIA is VERY POPULAR! My two nieces-in-laws LOVE the BRAND! They bought and used them. They are not even FANS of our Carrie. I have no idea how they started to buy them. I have not recommended CALIA to them, yet.

mbh

Since CALIA is a PARTNERSHIP with our Carrie and Dick's ... Carrie will still have a CUT in any future sales. Carrie did not say that she will end her partnership with Dick's. She only said she is stepping out as a LEAD DESIGNER. Since this is a VERY POPULAR BRAND NOW and HIGHLY IN DEMAND IN THE MARKET ... I "THINK" they will switch to PRIVATE LABELING in 2022 in order to INCREASE "PROFIT MARGIN". Here is the explanation ... CLICK and read: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/368692 IN FACT, our Carrie said that she is excited where CALIA will go from here. So, what is she "excited about' remains to be seen.

mbh

Here is an article about the success of "CALIA By Carrie":
CLICK and read: https://www.retaildive.com/news/carrie-underwood-to-leave-dicks-calia-brand/610744/

Underwood, for her part, has been associated with Dick's Calia brand since it launched in 2015 as an exclusive at the sporting goods retailer. The private label has grown to be one of Dick's top-selling women's brands, with the retailer even testing Calia pop-ups last year during the holiday season.

"Like in so many other areas of our business, we see a lot of opportunity to continue to expand Calia by Carrie Underwood as the athletic apparel category continues to strengthen," now-CEO Lauren Hobart said in a statement when the pop-ups were announced. "With our women's business being a strong focus for us this year, and Calia having such strong success, it felt like the right time to launch these Calia pop-up locations."

That strength has evidently continued this year. In Dick's most recent earnings call last week, Hobart praised Calia and the retailer's other private labels for "driving exclusivity" and "gaining meaningful traction" with customers. "We continue to invest substantially in our highly profitable and growing vertical brands," Hobart said, according to a Seeking Alpha transcript.

mbh

This is a "partnership" between our Carrie and Dick's. This a "PRIVATE LABEL MANUFACTURING" ... our Carrie owns the brand "CALIA" and Dick's is the manufacturer. The concept of private label manufacturing, also called private labeling or private label, is similar in approach to white label manufacturing (like Costco's KIRKLAND, Fred Meyer's KROGGER, Safeway's SIGNATURE, etc.) With private label manufacturing, the key difference is that the product being private labeled, in this case "CALIA By Carrie" is sold exclusively by the private label manufacturer (DICK's) to a single retailer (CARRIE UNDERWOOD) and cannot be sold to other retailers. Under the terms of a private label manufacturing agreement:

• The retailer (CARRIE UNDERWOOD) defines the type of product they need and any changes or variations to it which differ or deviate from the manufacturer’s generic product
  • The manufacturer (DICK's) works with the retailer (CARRIE UNDERWOOD) to produce the desired product with those customizations to it in terms of ingredients, composition, package quantity or other specific characteristics
  • The retailer (CARRIE uNDERWOOD) controls the design of the packaging and branding of the product (which the manufacturer (DICK's) may provide as a service)
  • The manufacturer (DICK's) controls the overall production process needed to produce the private label product, but cannot sell that identical product to other retailers, which makes the private label product more unique and therefore less likely to face competition from other retailers
  • The manufacturer (DICK's) does not own any trademarks or retain any of their branding or identity associated with private label products (CALIA By Carrie) that they create and sell to retailers or resellers
As an example, a retailer may seek to create a private label brand of a personal care product like a bar of soap or household product such as a scented candle. They would then work with the private label manufacturer to define the details about the product that will make it stand out and be unique in the marketplace. In the case of the soap or the candle, perhaps the shape, the color, the scent, or the size of the product are different than the generics offered. Once the details have been decided, the private label manufacturer (DICK's) produces the product to these specifications for the retailer (CARRIE UNDERWOOD).

maddkat

Staff member
Shawn Johnson has partnered with Calia

Last edited:

Carrie_Hannah

Shawn Johnson has partnered with Calia

Who do I feel like a baby was just given to a new family??? 🥴

pklongbeach

Random question; I didn't know where to post this.. Calia is still Carries brand correct? Asking because I have been seeing advertisements for it and there is no mention of Carrie in them at all. So just curious.