Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarrieFans Mafia

allamericangirl8

Would anybody be interested in playing Mafia? So the rules (kinda long) would be like this (I totally lifted these from another forum):

Be forewarned that this game will take a lot of time and reading, so if you're not into that and cannot devote a lot of time to these boards I strongly advise you pass on this game. Let me explain the rules:

*Disclaimer: Mafia game rules are not set in stone, these are merely a guideline to help new players get to grips with the game. Game mods will adapt rules to suit their game so the below rules are not strict.*

THE RULES
In Mafia, there is a certain number of players, divided into two groups: the Town, and the Mafia. If you are a member of the town, you win if, at any point, all mafia members are dead. If you are a member of the Mafia, you win if the Mafia ever comprises a majority of the remaining players. (For example, if there are three mafia members and two town members left, the mafia wins.) The way you go about this is simple: you kill off people you don't like.

Here's how it works:

Each game 'day' is divided into day and night. During the day, players post in the thread, trying to decide which members of the town are really members of the mafia. Each player gets one vote per day, and whenever one player has a majority of the town's votes, that player is lynched by the town, and is eliminated. Votes look like this:

Official Vote: interestingread

Please bold your votes for them to be counted.

If later, you decide to change your vote, post this:

Unvote: interestingread

During the day, the town tries to decide who is acting like a mafioso, and debates about who to lynch. However, the mafia will try to mislead the town into lynching a town member instead.

After a player is lynched, the day ends, and it becomes night. No player may post during the night. During the night, the mafia chooses one player to hit, and will PM me their choice. That player is killed, and eliminated. Also during the night, some players may have night abilities (detailed after the game begins. If they wish to use these, they PM me with their actions during the night.

There are two night abilities which are part of every mafia game and they are the Doctor and the Cop.

Each night, the doctor selects one player to protect other than themselves. That player cannot be killed during the night, either by the mafia hit, or by any other night abilities. The cop chooses one player to investigate. The next morning, the cop will learn whether that player is aligned to the town, or to the mafia.

Players with beneficial night abilities like this would be best to keep them secret, so as not to become instant targets for the mafia. Therefore, it's usually best to keep your abilities secret for at least the first portion of the game.

After all night abilities have been received, the next day will begin. I will post in the thread the obvious results of the night actions, such as who was killed and whether they were mafia or town; however, I will not tell you who killed who. The point of the game is figuring out who, after all.

Also, no outside communication is allowed by town members. The mafia, however, can communicate with other mafia members via PM, e-mail, or whatever. The mafia knows who is in the mafia and who is in the town, but each town member is ignorant of what alignment anyone has except themselves.

Also, there is to be absolutely no editing of your posts! I cannot stress this enough. If you edit your post, you may be hiding information that you accidentally revealed but did not want to. That is why you must be very careful in what you say! Double posts are allowed if you forget some information and want to include it.

Play continues in this day/night sequence until either side's victory condition is met, at which point the game is over.

Remember, this will be a rather long-term game, so if you won't be able to commit some time to this game, please, don't sign up."

If there are any questions regarding the rules please feel free to ask. I think this would be really fun, but we'll only play if a good number of people are willing to participate.

AdamJ

Darn AAG. That sounds like a fun game. I think I would like to play ---but--- my days are 13--hours long and I am dragging when I get home--then usually homework, etc.. so I do not have time. Can I check as a bystander and read what is going on? Do you post the results of those being eliminated or what??? Interesting...

allamericangirl8

Darn AAG. That sounds like a fun game. I think I would like to play ---but--- my days are 13--hours long and I am dragging when I get home--then usually homework, etc.. so I do not have time. Can I check as a bystander and read what is going on? Do you post the results of those being eliminated or what??? Interesting...

As long as you can peep in a few times a day, I think you could play. :) It's just the lynchings that take some time. Yeah, 'course you could check as a bystander. I would be posting who got eliminated and what they're doing and stuff. The only stuff that'll be PMs will be the Mafia communication and when I decide the characters. I just hope people are willing to participate. I was doing this on another forum and it was really fun, but I think it'd be more fun here because I like you people better. Those other people are a-holes. xD

AdamJ

I wouldn't want to start and not be able to follow through---my days are unpredictable at times and I go to the hospital evenings after school for a couple of hours or more if the doctors are running late--so it wouldn't be fair to you or the others. I hope some of the others decide to play as it sounds like it would be a blast and challenging. Hey--wish you the best--and I will check in when I can.. Thanks for the info--Good luck...Yeah--I have knows a few a--h----too. I try to stay away from them as much as I can. LOL

allamericangirl8

Well, thanks for expressing interest! You should help promote this game since you're the only that bit. Hey, a-holes, come play Mafia so we can wipe out your butts. :mad: :cool:

AdamJ

Go get em---reel them in--------I can not believe that they wouldn't want to play because it is a challenge and makes you THINK------------------I will spread the word---but I am not on any site very much---I will do my best-----

_luvqry

I never played it or heard about it.... sounds interesting but I live in Brazil so I'm not sure if the timezone would be an issue.

allamericangirl8

I never played it or heard about it.... sounds interesting but I live in Brazil so I'm not sure if the timezone would be an issue.

I know Mel's interested, and she lives in Ireland. I'd probably have it so that the discussion is at a certain time when everyone's comfortable. Damn, this is gonna be difficult.(x We'll see.

allamericangirl8

nightTrainNThunderbird.gif

U1n1titled-220x300.png
U1n1titled-220x300.png
Photo_Video_948772230429073397307_big.jpg

Bottoms up!