Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carriefans Wiki Discussion Thread

cole

http://wiki.carriefans.com/index.php/Main_Page

I love editing on Wikipedia and on this site's wiki, which is next to Forum; I know it's not the most exciting thing ever to do, but I think the Blown Away era is going to be awesome, and we will want to document every little accomplishment and award Carrie gets in the next couple years!

I updated quite a bit of the wiki's material, such as the sections under Awards, Career, and I added in the Blown Away era. I'm not sure if a lot of people edit on the wiki, but I would appreciate if some members wanted to help me! I love doing stuff like this; it allows everyone to see just how much Carrie has accomplished!

So if you guys want to start editing on the wiki, you can talk about what you edited here. The wiki is organized really well, so kudos to whoever created it! Everything is super easy to find, and you have everything from her albums to her songwriting.

Last edited:

supercarriefan

Robin and I both put some work into the CF Wiki when it was first put up.
I update the Songwriting page on a regular basis with all the new co-writes, and would love to continue to update it as we get more co-writes.

I don't mind putting work into the rest of the wiki here either.
I also occasionally update Carrie's wikipedia pages.

cole

^Awesome! Thanks Meg; you and Robin did a great job! I bet that was overwhelming at first. But it's fun; I like looking back over all the stuff Carrie has won and everything.

Plus, we can edit freely here and go into detail about Carrie, but on Wikipedia everything is so tight and constricted.

robinannhunt

The beauty of our WIKI is that we don't need a lot of citations, lol. We linked to a lot of the Wikipedia pages so we don't have to update in two places. THe problem was Carrie's main page. It has too much AI. Wikipedia took supercarriefan's modified pages and reverted the pages back to the originals. So we made our own, lol.

robinannhunt

Looks good. Could almost be a seperate page with some summary paragraph on the main page since it will be expanding for 50 years, ;).

cole

Hmm, looking at the music videos section, it is a bit lengthy.....I think I'll go back and take out all those descriptions of the videos. Instead, we can keep it simple with just release dates for the videos, who directed them, and what awards they won. I think the descriptions are a bit unnecessary.

robinannhunt

Hmm, looking at the music videos section, it is a bit lengthy.....I think I'll go back and take out all those descriptions of the videos. Instead, we can keep it simple with just release dates for the videos, who directed them, and what awards they won. I think the descriptions are a bit unnecessary.

You could start a new page of videos. You could list them with a sentence or two for each and than copy what you have to a new page with a linc in the summary page. Do you know how to start a new page?

cole

You could start a new page of videos. You could list them with a sentence or two for each and than copy what you have to a new page with a linc in the summary page. Do you know how to start a new page?

No, I do not! But I would love if you would tell me how ;)

robinannhunt

OK here is how to do it. I did it as an example.

Find the spot in the current page that you want the link.
Snter the link by placing the name of the new page in double brackets.
Accept the page and the new link will show up red.
Click on the link and the new page will appear but will be empty.
Do your thing and save the page.
done.

cole

Lol, I've been waiting to put it in forever! Hopefully we will have more to add to it once it starts winning Video of the Year!!