Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's big announcement

heymc

It has to be the announcement of their residency at Resorts World Las Vegas. I believe the residency at The Theatre will be rotated between Celine and Carrie while Zedd’s residency is with Zouk.

montdu39

It’s obvious at this point that it will be residency. However, there must be something more with the song/video and butterfly reference etc. Excited to find out!

Smokyiiis

Didn't they use the "butterfly" motif when Celine and Carrie did the Michael Jackson tribute a while back? Does anyone know when the announcement will occur?

simonplay

So there is just one theater with a capacity of 5000. Looks like they will be rotating with short residencies!

The theming of the resort/ theater seems really interesting if the commercial is any indication! I would say it is a good thing in my opinion that it'll most likely be rotations with short residencies.

FanSince04

I might look into going! Only 5,000 people? The choice surely wasn’t made with money in mind. I think the choice was made out of exposure to a new audience and being able to perform with touring being “iffy” at the moment.

Patkid26

Still waiting the connection with Amazon... if there is any..

I was kinda hoping there would be a promotional collab between Carrie, Celine and Zedd... but I think all chances of that are gone, with so many other artists involved now. A song by those three plus Katy, Luke, and Tiesto? No thank you lol

pkslongbeach

This is fantastic! And yes, of course its about the money! This is a solid paycheck for a gig that is brick and mordar. So much easier for the amount she will get for it. And yes, I think it will tap into a new audience also to a degree. There are going to be a lot of people heading to Vegas and wanting a Big Show. And if Carrie is the big name in town they are going to go. I am thrilled about this. I also think we have learned that she does so well in a performance environment that she can predict (recorded performances due to covid). Being in the same theater night after night allows for her to become very comfortable and expand her focus on the performance. Sort of like a Broadway actor expands their performance with each night. I am thrilled about this. I hope it is a huge success. Ultimately I would love to see demand large enough that , if she wants it, she can get her own permanent residency at one of the iconic hotels! All good! So excited for this!

rainbow1

Sounds wonderful!!! Remember in the beginning, when she was so young and naive , that we all felt we had to protect her? Not any more!!!

countryfan2006

I think Carrie fans should support this news regardless if you can't go. I getting the Amazon tweet was a "Can't wait for the news".

FanSince04

^ I would think it was money, only 5000 people isn't going to reach much of a new audience. Not any amount to move forward her career anyway.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/more/ente...cle_a728de5e-a36c-11eb-a1d1-a7d21fe6231f.html

I wonder how much she’ll be charging for tickets. How many shows? It just doesn’t seem like much money compared to what she has done in the past. Britney Spears and Celine Dion have raked in some cash because they do year long residencies. We will see.

adam1995

I wonder how much she’ll be charging for tickets. How many shows? It just doesn’t seem like much money compared to what she has done in the past. Britney Spears and Celine Dion have raked in some cash because they do year long residencies. We will see.

She'd probably take in a couple hundred thousand per show.

FanSince04

This is fantastic! And yes, of course its about the money! This is a solid paycheck for a gig that is brick and mordar. So much easier for the amount she will get for it. And yes, I think it will tap into a new audience also to a degree. There are going to be a lot of people heading to Vegas and wanting a Big Show. And if Carrie is the big name in town they are going to go. I am thrilled about this. I also think we have learned that she does so well in a performance environment that she can predict (recorded performances due to covid). Being in the same theater night after night allows for her to become very comfortable and expand her focus on the performance. Sort of like a Broadway actor expands their performance with each night. I am thrilled about this. I hope it is a huge success. Ultimately I would love to see demand large enough that , if she wants it, she can get her own permanent residency at one of the iconic hotels! All good! So excited for this!

I hear you, but only 5,000 capacity with how many shows? What will the billing price be for tickets? In the past, Carrie has been known not to share too much for her tickets. Does the resort set the price? That could make things different. Will Carrie get paid to be in that type of venue? I’d think not. Just lots of questions and only time and info will tell.

FanSince04

She'd probably take in a couple hundred thousand per show.

Hmmm... we will have to see how many shows. I’m comparing this to her tours which take in upwards of $30 - 60 million so $1- 2 million doesn’t seem like much for an artist of her caliber. Again, we will wait and see. My numbers above were based on ten shows.