Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's drum kit shows up in video by NZ duo

Farawayhills

This is a piece of trivia, but fans may find it interesting.

I was watching Ladies of Country (a show on our relatively new Country channel) and they screened a 2016 video, featuring a New Zealand girl duo, Mae Valley. At one point, around the end of the first minute, the girls come across the drum set, and appear excited to see it. The video seems to have been filmed at Tamworth, NSW - which is the premier Country Festival Downunder. Carrie was at Tamworth in 2012 - and I wonder if she might have left the drum kit as an exhibit? (She was also in Australia in 2016, but I don't think she went to Tamworth then - though I suppose the drum kit might have been sent there, if there is some kind of museum display. Another possibility is that they've worked film of other locations into the footage. Someone may be able to identify the tour date by the style of writing on the bass drum)

Kizmet311

I could be wrong, but it appears that the drum kit is in front of a large screen, like one that might be used on a festival or concert stage. I know sometimes at festivals or concerts, they have multiple bands' equipment on stage at the same time, but keep the headlining acts equipment covered until they perform and remove the headliners' equipment as they perform. To me, it almost looks like they are on a stage where Carrie's equipment is set up at a concert.

kiwigirl

This is a piece of trivia, but fans may find it interesting.

I was watching Ladies of Country (a show on our relatively new Country channel) and they screened a 2016 video, featuring a New Zealand girl duo, Mae Valley. At one point, around the end of the first minute, the girls come across the drum set, and appear excited to see it. The video seems to have been filmed at Tamworth, NSW - which is the premier Country Festival Downunder. Carrie was at Tamworth in 2012 - and I wonder if she might have left the drum kit as an exhibit? (She was also in Australia in 2016, but I don't think she went to Tamworth then - though I suppose the drum kit might have been sent there, if there is some kind of museum display. Another possibility is that they've worked film of other locations into the footage. Someone may be able to identify the tour date by the style of writing on the bass drum)

It's from when she played Westpac Stadium in Wellington NZ with Keith Urban. Concert was December 3rd 2016. Mae Valley opened for them - you can see Westpace Stadium in the background in one of the shots.
I went to that concert, it was awesome! I got to finally meet Carrie! She is just such a beautiful human being.

Farawayhills

Thanks for that identification - I'm so glad she went to Wellington and you were able to both see and meet her!