Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty

Carrieflattsfan

The medical examiner who did the autopsy said on the stand she could not find a cause a death.
Im not saying you don't have to think she isn't guilty all I am saying is that the state did a bad job and couldn't prove there case.
The jury couldn't convict her because the evidence didn't show a murder happened and they unlike us are not allowed to bring the emotion that we feel into the decision. they have to base it on the facts and the facts just aren't there to support a first degree murder conviction. maybe if the state didn't over charge the case to begin with they could have gotten a conviction on something like manslaughter

I watched the entire trial, and I know the medical examiner said she determined Caylee was murdered, they just couldn't prove how.
I understand the jurors couldn't bring emotions into the case, but I still absolutely believe they had more than enough circumstantial evidence to convict her.

knewman19

I watched the entire trial, and I know the medical examiner said she determined Caylee was murdered, they just couldn't prove how.
I understand the jurors couldn't bring emotions into the case, but I still absolutely believe they had more than enough circumstantial evidence to convict her.

sorry if you can't prove how she died you can't prove she was murdered.... they couldn't say she was drowned, stabbed, shot, or suffocated

I think we are just going to disagree period. I think yes casey did something but the state can't prove it so they had let her go

Cathie Wynkoop

As a mother, I hope and pray that Casey was not the one who did that to Caylee, but I don't know, and we might never know who did. The Anthony family sounds like one huge dysfunctional family, though, so they might all be in on it. Not my place to judge.

BUT, just remember, that person who did kill Caylee will be judged by his/her Creator, and I shudder to think what will happen in that judgment!

JB172

sorry if you can't prove how she died you can't prove she was murdered.... they couldn't say she was drowned, stabbed, shot, or suffocated

I think we are just going to disagree period. I think yes casey did something but the state can't prove it so they had let her go

Once there was no cause of death determined there was no way she was going get convicted.

JB172

As a mother, I hope and pray that Casey was not the one who did that to Caylee, but I don't know, and we might never know who did. The Anthony family sounds like one huge dysfunctional family, though, so they might all be in on it. Not my place to judge.

BUT, just remember, that person who did kill Caylee will be judged by his/her Creator, and I shudder to think what will happen in that judgment!

You are right on about that whole family having their issues.

Carrieflattsfan

Trust me, I agree with you 100%. The jurors had to let her go because they feel they didn't have the evidence. I just happen to think they had enough circumstantial evidence & it's a shame that it basically counted for nothing in the eyes of the jury.
And yes, I did hear the testimony of the medical examiner that DID say she believed Caylee was murdered because of how her body was found, the duct tape, etc.

You don't need a cause of death to prove a case, either. It's tough to do it without that, but not impossible.
I'm not trying to say I'm right & you're wrong, just telling you what I've heard. :)

I know I shouldnt assume, but Im very convinced that Casey killed her daughter. Maybe if she didnt wait 30 days before reporting her daughter was missing, or maybe if she didnt come up with like 5 different lies id think she might not have done it, but how could a mother not say her daughter was missing for 30 days? If she was innocent why did she lie and create so many different stories? Why was she partying when her daughter was missing? It just makes me so sad that this adorable little girl will never receive justice.

bigbluegrl23

I know I shouldnt assume, but Im very convinced that Casey killed her daughter. Maybe if she didnt wait 30 days before reporting her daughter was missing, or maybe if she didnt come up with like 5 different lies id think she might not have done it, but how could a mother not say her daughter was missing for 30 days? If she was innocent why did she lie and create so many different stories? Why was she partying when her daughter was missing? It just makes me so sad that this adorable little girl will never receive justice.

like rational lawyers are saying haha, there is a big difference between completely innocent and not guilty of the crime charged... the prosecutors over charged and just didnt have the evidence. the jury did the right thing, they removed their emotions. Is she probably guilty? hell yes BUT on the off chance she wasnt guilty, convicting an innocent person is way worse. thats why the court is so strict. and there are a ton of innocent people in prison unfortunately.

On a different note, there is a BIG difference between this case and OJ's case. the OJ jury had HARD evidence (that is still the stupidest acquittal ive ever seen).
becca T

carrieguy2

There are 5 manners of death:
1) Natural
2) Accidental
3) Suicide
4) Homicide
5) Undetermined

the manner of death can be determined without knowing the cause.

cabsmd

I am not surprised at all that she was found not guilty. There were so many holes in the prosecutions case. Everything they stated was theories...how the child died, when, why etc. No proof. If I was a jury member I would say not guilty as well. These jury members are secluded from the media and the people during this trial, they dont have the outside influence of everyone speculating. What they see in court is what they have to go by.

And let me ask something that I just do not get, maybe I missed something. The duct tape. The prosecution states the duct tape was the murder weapon right? So they are trying to convince us the duct tape was put on before she died. How on earth, after nearly six months of a rotting, decomposing body is there NO DNA on that duct tape? the child's DNA would be on the duct tape (saliva etc) AND weren't they saying the duct tape was still stuck to the skeleton and thats why the skull and the mandible were still attached? When you have decomposing skin and tissue, that duct tape would fall off with it, the adhesion would be gone. But they were saying the duct tape was the reason the skull and mandible were still attached....it doesn't make sense!

When you have so many questions in a case like this, and no answeres...all just theories and speculation you can NOT find them guilty. Innocent until proven guilty, and she was not proven guilty. People may be outraged, but IMO, get over it and move on. Those protestors are insane and ridiculous. Get a life! I understand an innocent, beautiful 2 year old girl lost her life and there's no "justice" but theres nothing anyone can do about it now and protesting wont do anything. I say leave the girl alone and move on. If she really is guilty, her time will come just like OJ. She'll get busted for something else. Why do we continue to fixate our attention on this little girl who died THREE years ago? Move on and focus on the other children who lose their life everyday.

cabsmd

So where does she go now? Home to mama and papa?

I'm curious to see if she tries to lay low or tries to become famous off of this. She'd be stupid to try and be famous, move to hollywood, get a reality show etc knowing that EVERYONE hates her!

What she needs to do is give ONE statement/interview, get enough money to move out of the country and start new where not everyone knows her and has followed the case for three years.

But I can't lie I am dying to see an interview with her. It'll be interesting to see what she has to say. Technically, she can come forth and admit everything and not have a damn thing happen to her.