Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes coming to Carrie Fans

James

Administrator
Hi all, guess who's back in the saddle?

Some of you have undoubtedly noticed the recent changes. I had to get the site back on one of my servers and that required some forced upgrades, etc. Unfortunately the vBulletin software is just horrendous nowadays and it's a royal pain to deal with. I will be changing over to Xenforo in the near future, I think it provides a much better and certainly more modern experience. That said, there will be some thing that will probably get lost, go away, be delayed in converting over, etc. Most of the more significant things should be fine but there may be a few that can convert directly or at all, we'll see. One of the biggest things I may do is combine some of the forums, especially ones that haven't been active in some time and have similar content. It's much better to have less active forums than a lot of inactive ones.

Anyway, I'm open to content ideas or just ideas in general. If anyone is tinkering with graphics and want to take a stab at updated banners hit me up.

Finally, I don't have an ETA. The bigger changes will happen when I have confirmed they work and when I have time to do them. Some will have to be worked out after the initial conversion.

maddkat

Staff member
looking forward to the changes and the bugs getting worked out , like having links among other things again!
thanks James

PRGuy79

Yes, thank you for making this site available. For the few days it was unavailable, I missed our online community very much.

oldyfan

Hi all, guess who's back in the saddle?

Some of you have undoubtedly noticed the recent changes. I had to get the site back on one of my servers and that required some forced upgrades, etc. Unfortunately the vBulletin software is just horrendous nowadays and it's a royal pain to deal with. I will be changing over to Xenforo in the near future, I think it provides a much better and certainly more modern experience. That said, there will be some thing that will probably get lost, go away, be delayed in converting over, etc. Most of the more significant things should be fine but there may be a few that can convert directly or at all, we'll see. One of the biggest things I may do is combine some of the forums, especially ones that haven't been active in some time and have similar content. It's much better to have less active forums than a lot of inactive ones.

Anyway, I'm open to content ideas or just ideas in general. If anyone is tinkering with graphics and want to take a stab at updated banners hit me up.

Finally, I don't have an ETA. The bigger changes will happen when I have confirmed they work and when I have time to do them. Some will have to be worked out after the initial conversion.

Thank you so much for everything you’re doing.

CU4ever

Hi James!

I would LOVE to have gifs on here and emojis! And I did enjoy having the like button. Also I notice sometimes it is hard to upload a photo and get a proper size to show up.