Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

CU4ever

The Denim & Rhinestones Tour is ending and with that, that likely means for the most part, the era will be over. As Carrie has said, whenever they finish a tour she always asks herself "what's next?". So I think it's safe to say this era will be largely over with a few small exceptions here and there after this weekend. We may get a third single, or we might get a surprise deluxe edition (not so sure), but aside from that, I think the era is about to be over. Realistically, it's possible Carrie can have new music next year, too. With that being said, there's obviously been a lot of criticisms about things this era. From the wrong single choices to a perceived lack of promo for this album. Considering this, what does everyone want done differently next era?

I personally think it's not hard to bring some life back into Carrie's career, the work just needs to be done. A major thing that needs to be corrected is the choosing of wrong singles. I think both GS and HMH, while good songs, were bad single choices. Not to mention Love Wins last era. And if just last album, Carrie was able to have a #1 song with the right single choice (Southbound), then that makes me fully believe with the right single choices she should be able to still have that success. It's pretty clear Crazy Angels would have been a hit this era, and that is kind of the argument I'm making. If better singles choices were made, Carrie definitely should be able to have the success she had with Southbound and Storyteller. I mean, we all see how well OOTT is doing in streaming (a rarity for Carrie these days).

A few more things I hope we get next era from Team Carrie include: a push for Carrie's songs on Tiktok, etc, getting her singles on playlists and promoted well (kind of like OOTT is), an overall streaming push, longer albums, better music videos, and more promo/unique promotions (multiple vinyls, signed CDs, etc) when the albums come out.

I fully believe with the right career decisions made from UMG/Team Carrie, Carrie can have a better and way more successful era next era. She's still going to do amazing tours and sell out stadiums all over, but we can have more than that, too. I'm not expecting her to be like Wallen or Combs, but she could 100% be doing better in the sales/streaming/radio areas with the right promotional efforts. I want her to have longevity and be making radio hits here and there for a while, like Reba and Tim McGraw did. Will she have any hits like BHC? Maybe not, but she definitely still has the potential to have hits like she had with Storyteller and Southbound.

I hope it isn't too early to post this, I just felt it might be the right time since (if we don't get a deluxe edition) this era is probably almost over with the exception of maybe a third single to buy time between albums. I still loved this album and I wish it had more longevity, but I'm excited/hopeful about the possibilities for next era. Hopefully OOTT can be released, go to #1, and then Carrie can have her standard duet go to #1 too leading into next era ;)

Carrie_Hannah

I honestly think you covered everything I was thinking. The D&R era was fun and new but I am excited to move past it and see what is next. I think the single choices will be the main issue with upcoming eras. This has been an issue with her past two albums and I hope this is talked about with her label.

I also would like to see her try out new people like co writers, directors for videos, etc. even David Garcia, as much as I love his work, it could be a fresh start to collaborate with someone else. It’s easy to get in a routine with people you know well and I think that can show with music. Thoughts?

montdu39

- Focus on streaming
- Focus on social media promotion
- At least one more personal/deep lyrically song or obscure song
- Lots of bops like OOTT
- One vocal prominent song for the hardcore fans (hello I Know You Won’t 2.0 please)
- One sad song (we haven’t had one since Spinning Bottles or Just A Dream)

ChoctawCountyAffair

I want a lot of things lol

1- Younger people on her team that KNOW how to use social media to her advantage. It's so dumb how they never put her songs on playlists, or just expect the songs to go number one without bothering to do promo. D&R had so little promo that it's confusing.

2- Work with new people. While i do like that Carrie is very confortable with Hillary, David, etc i feel like bringing a new producer and other writers could bring new life to her career. Maybe try new things with her sound? I really want her to have an album that EVERYONE says it's a masterpiece and really loves, and gets awards and everything. Also, please, new video directors. No more Randee

3- International dates. While i know the chances of Carrie touring South America are nonexistent, i don't get why she didn't tour UK and Australia.

4- More songs! D&R is just so short, and with streaming more songs means better numbers. And of course, signed cds, different covers, vinyls, etc. Also, they have to pick better dates for releases, UMG has been screwing her streaks because they pick the worst week to release! with D&R she had BTS, with Storyteller she had some boy band i think. It's a crime that an artist as succesful as Carrie only has 4 all genre #1 albums, and that her streak of consecutives #1 country albums ended.

5- Picking better singles. With CP and D&R they picked so many not-that-great songs. And it's a thing that i really don't understand because with her older eras, the singles were all flawless (let's ignore MS).

it's a lot, i know

CU4ever

I honestly think you covered everything I was thinking. The D&R era was fun and new but I am excited to move past it and see what is next. I think the single choices will be the main issue with upcoming eras. This has been an issue with her past two albums and I hope this is talked about with her label.

I also would like to see her try out new people like co writers, directors for videos, etc. even David Garcia, as much as I love his work, it could be a fresh start to collaborate with someone else. It’s easy to get in a routine with people you know well and I think that can show with music. Thoughts?
Totally agree! I am very excited to see what’s next and how Carrie reinvents herself next era. I kind of feel like she will want to do something different after this era especially because she probably (sadly) realizes it wasn’t as successful as she had hoped, and she is a competitive person. Like you mentioned, a big issue really is single choices. Out of 6 UMG singles, I think only really 2 were the right choices, when with Blown Away and Storyteller, all singles were perfect. We were really robbed of 6 potential top tens due to some simply unfortunate single choices.

I also am really disappointed at the not very creative music videos and I think that touches on your comment about her working with new people. The directors she have used have been good but the ideas lately are stale. I need videos like BA&TBC! Elaborate videos with stories can be so fun, and can even really help a song with streaming if people keep watching the videos. I also would really like Carrie to work with some new people for the songs and production. David did some really good work and made some absolute bops but I think the new direction hasn’t been for everyone. I loved Mark Bright‘s work too, but even that was a bit repetitive at points which I think is why Carrie switched producers. And she doesn’t have to stop working with David, she can work with him and some new people too. I just have a good feeling next era will be really new and exciting and I think that will go into that

CU4ever

I want a lot of things lol

1- Younger people on her team that KNOW how to use social media to her advantage. It's so dumb how they never put her songs on playlists, or just expect the songs to go number one without bothering to do promo. D&R had so little promo that it's confusing.

2- Work with new people. While i do like that Carrie is very confortable with Hillary, David, etc i feel like bringing a new producer and other writers could bring new life to her career. Maybe try new things with her sound? I really want her to have an album that EVERYONE says it's a masterpiece and really loves, and gets awards and everything. Also, please, new video directors. No more Randee

3- International dates. While i know the chances of Carrie touring South America are nonexistent, i don't get why she didn't tour UK and Australia.

4- More songs! D&R is just so short, and with streaming more songs means better numbers. And of course, signed cds, different covers, vinyls, etc. Also, they have to pick better dates for releases, UMG has been screwing her streaks because they pick the worst week to release! with D&R she had BTS, with Storyteller she had some boy band i think. It's a crime that an artist as succesful as Carrie only has 4 all genre #1 albums, and that her streak of consecutives #1 country albums ended.

5- Picking better singles. With CP and D&R they picked so many not-that-great songs. And it's a thing that i really don't understand because with her older eras, the singles were all flawless (let's ignore MS).

it's a lot, i know
Yes, yes, yes! Everything you said— yes! Could not agree more. Should we send this to Carrie’s team? 😅😅

but seriously, so spot on.

1- Younger people on her team is so spot on. We need people who can get Carrie - who DOES have many young fans - streaming successes! It is possible, there’s just a complete lack of an effort to do so. And for real. I don’t understand why this album had virtually zero promo. Her garden got more promo 💀💀

2- yes!! We need new music video directors. Ghost Story was such a wasted potential! We could have had a horror music video or a spooky one with Halloween vibes! TBC, but Halloween! And instead, we got meme worthy shots (ofc Carrie looked gorgeous as always though). Maybe they are expensive but forever country was just a green screen and that was beautiful. And yeah. I want that album for Carrie too. I want her to work with new people. She worked with mark for a while and then switched to David, and I fear David will be here for a while. I love his work, his bops. And she can work with him too while still working with new people

3- especially weird about this is UMG planned to get Carrie international success and like… they didn’t try too hard

4- More songs! Yes!! It’s kind of all the rage today. Miranda did it. Carrie can do it too! She records probably a ton of songs how hard is it to just throw on 8-20 more? It would indeed increase sales and fans are happy. Plus, she works hard on writing and recording the songs, why not release them? Could even release them in parts like Jason and Eric and others did

5- Picking better singles. Yep! I only argue cry pretty (iconic song for her) and southbound (#1) were the right choices. And as you said, every single from prior albums was perfect! We were robbed of #1s from Cp and D&R because of unfortunate single choices

HuiZ

For the love of all things good in this world, please change the music video directors!! They have been awful and looked cheaply made. Like B-grade video quality. I can't even watch the Ghost Story video more than 2 times since released as I just cringe at the terrible shots, lighting, acting and overall execution.

As others have mentioned, they HAVE to amp up and be creative with promo. The same old method is ancient and obviously not working. Get on with the times or fall behind.

Carrie_Hannah

So since we all agree on the music videos, I have a question. Do y’all think that she keeps using the same directors and type “artistry” because she continually adds up in the CMT awards? it’s fan voted, so that’s why she always dominates. She may not even know that they aren’t up to par with most of her fans expectations or wants 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:

FanSince04

So since we all agree on the music videos, I have a question. Do y’all think that she keeps using the same directors and type “artistry” because she continually adds up in the CMT awards? I means since it’s fan voted, she always dominates. She may not even know that they aren’t up to par with most of her fans expectations or wants 🤷🏼‍♀️
Fans vote for her not the video.

countrymusicfan15

I actually don’t know what’s wrong with the Ghost Story video??? Just the fact that it’s so visually pleasing makes it an amazing video in my eyes 🤩😍

Carrie_Hannah

Fans vote for her not the video.
Right. And we always will. However, she is winning for those videos. I was just curious if anyone thinks she has continued the same directors and styles because she thinks it’s working because she continues to get recognized and praised for her music videos

Carrie_Hannah

I actually don’t know what’s wrong with the Ghost Story video??? Just the fact that it’s so visually pleasing makes it an amazing video in my eyes 🤩😍
I’m only speaking for myself but I think the video was almost “cheap” with the way a lot of things were on it. Carrie looked amazing as always but it was more about the stylistic choices for me. You can go to the thread about the GS video and read a lot of the opinions. Just a lot of stylistic choices seemed amateur-ish and some of the editing literally made me roll my eyes at times.

Last edited: