Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 CMAs

Smokyiiis

It was brought up in the Denim & Rhinestones Tour that if the CMAs choose Nov 9th as their date to air, then there is a large enough "break" in Carrie's tour schedule to attend and to perform this year. I was reflecting on the EOTY award and happened upon a post by Ivey when Carrie really deserved the award she's constantly being skipped on and instead Garth Brooks won THAT year. I love this post:

iveychilders

It’s hard to sum up what it felt like sitting in my seat at the CMA awards show. Watching this magical night unfold before my eyes. All of the beautiful moments in celebration of women in country music. Carrie performed “Drinking Alone”, which was in my opinion one of the best tv performances in her career. I had even more hope that change in the country music genre was truly coming. If there was a year to prove it, this was it! Then the last award was announced, entertainer of the year, and I was and still am stunned and at a loss for words. So I’ll borrow an excerpt from an article written by Kay west in Esquire magazine to sum up some truth. “The 2019 Country Music Awards might have touted a line up of strong, female performers, but its 7,300-member voting body didn't support women where it really matters—with actual trophies. Even with an incredible all-women opening act, and a trio of hosts made up of three generations of country queens, the real truth about the genre's gender-bias problem came out during the final envelope. Garth Brooks won Entertainer of the Year—the show's top award—instead of Carrie Underwood, who was believed to be the frontrunner coming into the night. Even in a year with a well-received album, a world tour, and ubiquitous superstardom wasn't enough to earn her the award. Instead, it went to Brooks, who didn't release an album this year and played five shows in 2019. ...Was it unfortunate? Absolutely. Is it surprising? No. As country music continues to rectify its dicey past with women—be it lack of airplay for female artists or the degrading nature of stadium country—the genre can’t figure out how to nail the execution of country-fried feminism.”

Last edited:

Hil

This post makes me sad. They're never going to give it to Carrie. There is a bias in Nashville against her BY SOME for whatever reason, we've seen it on social media. They're going to give it to Miranda this year and say they gave it to a woman, and we're not to say a negative word because it will look like we're bashing Miranda and that's FAR FROM THE TRUTH. I have no problem with Miranda eventually winning the award, but to give it to her before Carrie is ridiculous. No one is a better entertainer than Carrie in country music, maybe in all of music. There are some equal to her in other genres, but she has become such a superstar. Anyway, it makes everyone look silly to disregard their biggest star the way they have. So I'll continue to vote for VOTY at the CMT's as nose snub to the industry.

Zach1998

This post makes me sad. They're never going to give it to Carrie. There is a bias in Nashville against her BY SOME for whatever reason, we've seen it on social media. They're going to give it to Miranda this year and say they gave it to a woman, and we're not to say a negative word because it will look like we're bashing Miranda and that's FAR FROM THE TRUTH. I have no problem with Miranda eventually winning the award, but to give it to her before Carrie is ridiculous. No one is a better entertainer than Carrie in country music, maybe in all of music. There are some equal to her in other genres, but she has become such a superstar. Anyway, it makes everyone look silly to disregard their biggest star the way they have. So I'll continue to vote for VOTY at the CMT's as nose snub to the industry.
Not claiming this energy, she has to win eventually, I just can't give up hope. I'm really hoping Carrie can somehow win this year. I love Miranda and would love for her to win in the future BUT Carrie should win the award first, she is long overdue.

Hil

Not claiming this energy, she has to win eventually, I just can't give up hope. I'm really hoping Carrie can somehow win this year. I love Miranda and would love for her to win in the future BUT Carrie should win the award first, she is long overdue.
I really hope you're right. In regards to all things music, entertainment and industry related it's a bit heartbreaking, and has to be for Carrie as well.

countrymusicfan15

^ Agreed! Although it’s disheartening and we have been disappointed countless times, I can’t help but still have hope. I know I’ll be on the edge of my seat both when they announce the nominations and then again on the night of when they’re announcing the winner on stage.

Hil

They already have somehow gotten her as one of Time Magazines 100 influential people, and loretta tweeting about it. I have zero idea who she has influenced other than some country musicians, because she's rarely talked about outside of country like Dolly, Reba and Carrie are. I'm just saying ...prepare yourselves. I can see this coming from 100 thousand miles away.

maddkat

Staff member
I can't see Carrie having a single chance at EOTY especially this year when they are hell bent on trying again to make Lambert a superstar outside of country. Didn't happen with all their other attempts and won't happen now. She mostly just follows in Carrie's footsteps.

angeliccarrie

They already have somehow gotten her as one of Time Magazines 100 influential people, and loretta tweeting about it. I have zero idea who she has influenced other than some country musicians, because she's rarely talked about outside of country like Dolly, Reba and Carrie are. I'm just saying ...prepare yourselves. I can see this coming from 100 thousand miles away.
Who was on Time Magazines list? Miranda,?

Reactions: Hil

liz278

Just thinking of this makes me sick, because I'm sure that this year it will go to Miranda or a male. I don't know why but it does seem like no matter what Carrie does, it isn't enough. So I am not going to even hope for anything.

FanSince04

Carrie was on Time magazines list of most influential people a few years ago too. I won’t give up hope that she will get the award one day.

Zach1998

I just do not get at all why the industry seems to be so stand-off toward Carrie. I mean if it were a man with all the achievements she has she would have won entertainer a thousand times over. On top of that, outside of her gender, it just feels like they've never been fond of her. They only use her for views, but when the awards come they never show up for her. Is it still them resenting her from coming from American Idol? Or do we possibly think that they don't like seeing a women seeing the amount of success like she's seen, because it bruises their fragile egos?

Hil

I just do not get at all why the industry seems to be so stand-off toward Carrie. I mean if it were a man with all the achievements she has she would have won entertainer a thousand times over. On top of that, outside of her gender, it just feels like they've never been fond of her. They only use her for views, but when the awards come they never show up for her. Is it still them resenting her from coming from American Idol? Or do we possibly think that they don't like seeing a women seeing the amount of success like she's seen, because it bruises their fragile egos?
I think there is A LOT of jealousy when it comes to Carrie. Think of the cold reception she received when she first came to Nashville from some of my childhood idols. It was on display for all to see, they made butts of themselves publicly. I do think some of those old wounds have healed, but I think all of that is simmering under the surface. When Garth won he mentioned everyone but Carrie for EOTY and she was the front runner standing just backstage. You see these little jabs time and time again. Trisha on Andy Cohen asked if Carrie needed one vote would she give it to her to win Idol, and she pauses and says "depends on who shes up against." This is years after Idol. The weird lady bloggers on twitter talking about "we know you workout, Carrie, we get it." So yea, TONS of jealousy by weirdos (bloggers) and people who should have more self esteem and integrity (country music celebs).

txacar

Just thinking of this makes me sick, because I'm sure that this year it will go to Miranda or a male. I don't know why but it does seem like no matter what Carrie does, it isn't enough. So I am not going to even hope for anything.
Same here. One glimmer, however, is Carrie now has a relationship with AEG through her hugely successful Vegas show and will be back there next year. Maybe they will throw their block of votes her way and use "EOTY" as additional promotional material to benefit her 2023 show. Probably won't happen, but she has been highly successful in one of the largest entertainment centers in the world and I can't imagine they wouldn't want to showcase that.

liz278

Lol, you guys are complaining about awards that won't even have nominees announced for another 3 months.
Getting it out of the way so when it comes, we can say "I told you so!" 🙂 And so I won't get my hopes up that something will change.

Michael Reid

I’m hoping and wishful thinking we see the headline we haven’t seen in years

Carrie Underwood Leads the 2022 CMA Nominations!!!!!

Carrie will have a lot to submit this voting period. Denim and Rhinestones falls in this years voting period, ending June 30th.

Hoping for the following
- If I Didn’t Love you- Song, Single, and Event
- Denim and Rhinestones- Album
- Ghost Story- Music Video
- Female Artist
- Entertainer of the Year

anything else she could go for??