Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 CMAs

Hil

Well that's like saying that Luke Bryan deserves EOTY just because his residency, I don't think that's enough.

And wasn't sold out by the way, look at the Reflection thread.
I'm confused, I don't know where the reflections thread is, but I've seen many times it has been sold out. I usually just look at "new posts" when I come on here.

FanSince04

I say she has a strong chance at EOTY. Her residences, appearances at festivals, and the release of her new album should earn her the nomination if not the win! I believe she has a strong shot at FAOTY along with a nomination in the single, song, and music video of the year (those may come for IIDLY). Denim and Rhinestones deserves a nomination and win for AOTY, but it just depends on if sales and such factor into the nomination/deciding on the win.

carrieidol1

Just want to say, 93% is considered a sell-out in the touring world. You have to remember, there’s a number of tickets immediately pulled for certain packages, radio prizes, etc…

You also have to consider this is a residency. By definition, she stays and the fans come. In Vegas, it’s all about generating interest enough to convince passers-by to grab tickets. Carrie has a strong fan base, but not strong enough to keep the residency going alone. To sell 93% requires a strong showing from casual fans and randoms.

Her Vegas stats are very impressive, don’t let 93% fool ya… that’s very much considered a sell-out stint in the entertainment world.

simonplay

No, I'm not, lol. It was a joke. I said she had a sold out show, you had to show it was 93% sold out as if that was justification for why she shouldn't be in the conversation for EOTY.
No, you are just assuming that! I just stated the fact that it was not sold out ( like you said ) because I thought you didn't know.

I mean voters are not on her side and if they didn't vote for her to win Entertainer when she had a full tour, number ones songs and album and great sales numbers I don't see them voting for her now..

I really hope Im so wrong though.. 😬

rcramer

No, you are just assuming that! I just stated the fact that it was not sold out ( like you said ) because I thought you didn't know.

I mean voters are not on her side and if they didn't vote for her to win Entertainer when she had a full tour, number ones songs and album and great sales numbers I don't see them voting for her now..

I really hope Im so wrong though.. 😬
I would say WME is Carrie‘s thorn to her side. EOTY has been hers for years…. Shame on the industry for not awarding her which is hers in spades….

Michael Reid

Looking at her For Your Consideration, it looks like even though Ghost story is through to the 2nd round in Single, Record, and music video. It’s looks like her FYC is calling out Ghost Story for just video. Single and Record she’s going for IIDLY. if she gets recognized in all categories that would be 8 nominations for Carrie!! (2 for album with the producing credit on it)

Hopefully we can see
Entertainer
Female
Album -D&R
Video- Ghost Story or IIDYL

Single- IIDYL
Song- IIDYL
Event

FanSince04

Looking at her For Your Consideration, it looks like even though Ghost story is through to the 2nd round in Single, Record, and music video. It’s looks like her FYC is calling out Ghost Story for just video. Single and Record she’s going for IIDLY. if she gets recognized in all categories that would be 8 nominations for Carrie!! (2 for album with the producing credit on it)

Hopefully we can see
Entertainer
Female
Album -D&R

Single- IIDYL
Song- IIDYL
Event
Yeah buddy!

adam1995

Hopefully we can see
Entertainer
Female
Album -D&R

Single- IIDYL
Song- IIDYL
Event
Please lower expectations, lol. I’d bet the max nominations would be 4.

adam1995

I wasn’t stating expectations, just if she were to get all she is campaigning for. It would be 7. (Song for IIDYL goes only to songwriters)
I figured you weren't thinking all 8, but just making sure.

I could see her in EOTY, Single, Music Event, and maybe FVOTY.

Michael Reid

Looking at the other women. Carrie is tied up for the most with 7 potential noms tied with Lainey.

Carrie- 7 (Video (2), event, female, album (2), single)
Maren 2- Female and Album.
Miranda 5- Entertainer, Single, Album(2), Female.
Kelsea 2- female, single
Carly Pearce 5- video, event, female, song, single
Ashley McBride 5- video, event, female, song, single
Taylor 4- video, event, female, song
Lainey 7- video, new, event, female, song, Album, single

liz278

I watched the CMA Fest last night and I don't see what everyone sees in Luke Combs. Even the other men were more entertaining than him. And Carrie was the best entertainer - she was all over the stage. I just don't see why LC was voted EOTY.