Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 CMAs

Hil

I watched the CMA Fest last night and I don't see what everyone sees in Luke Combs. Even the other men were more entertaining than him. And Carrie was the best entertainer - she was all over the stage. I just don't see why LC was voted EOTY.
Billy Dukes is ate up with him lol Talking something about "he's the most googled artist during the first hour." How does he know who the most googled artist is for an hour?! lol

CU4ever

Billy Dukes is ate up with him lol Talking something about "he's the most googled artist during the first hour." How does he know who the most googled artist is for an hour?! lol
Luke combs is the self proclaimed “number one artist” in the genre 🙄🙄, so I guess him and Dukes have the same way of learning things

Momin

Let's not hate on Combs. We can dislike his music but remember when Carrie was new, the top country artist, the most decorated, the most talked about, #1 after #1. I'm sure people hated her too for getting sudden popularity, which she did because people thought she didn't pay her dues and what not. Just saying - I think disliking an artist for their music or some personality traits is subjective and understandable but trashing him doesn't make sense, and only ends up frustrating us for no good reason. His music must be resonating with lots of people if it's that popular, it's not all manufactured and purely good PR.

The industry favouring him over females is not his fault, it's how the problem of the system. And I think focusing more on that is where real conversation and discussion happens rather than getting derailed.

SpanishFan

Well in my opinion, she is going to be nominated for

Entertainer

Female Vocalist

Single of the year "If I didnt love you"

Event IFDDLY

And maybe...Music video Ghost Story.

And Idk why but I have the feeling that "D&R" is going to be the first album since Some Hearts to not be nominated for Album of the year.

Last edited:

adam1995

Well in my opinion, she is going to be nominated for

Entertainer

Female Vocalist

Single of the year "If I didnt love you"

Event IFDDLY

And maybe...Music video Ghost Story.

And Idk why but I have the feeling that "D&R" is going to be the first album of Carrie to not be nominated for Album of the year.
I don't think Some Hearts was nominated, even though that should have absolutely been nominated out of all her albums.

Michael Reid

So I’m big on numbers and always know that ACM tend to like Carrie more. ACM’s she’s won 16 of 36 nominations. CMA’s she’s won 9 of 21 nominations. Winning percentage at ACM is 44.4%, and CMA is 42.9%. Winning percentages are close, just more opportunity with the ACM.

As for the album comment, this would be her 1st since Some Hearts to not get an Album of the year nomination. Every album since has.

carriefan14

Well,if Jason Aldean is not a CMA favorite then there is no way of predicting IIDLY will win anything. In fact, it most likely will not, now that I have looked up his spotty CMA history. Will likely garner a Single OTY nom but not win.

Michael Reid

Just did a twitter search for CMA’s and almost everyone has Carrie in Entertainer Female, Event, and Single. Then I see from others, specifically non Carrie fans. About 50/50 she gets into Album. Video she is listed under predictions for Ghost Story majority, I even saw one that put both Ghost Story and IIDLY in video.
Album seems to be tight, people are showing it to be a Miranda vs Carrie vs Maren in most categories. For the record neither a Miranda, Carrie or Maren album has missed out on album of the year. Miranda Carrie Maren and Carly should be all over these nominations. And most likely at least 3 of the 4 in each of the categories going against each other in Female, Video, Event, Single and Song. Carrie is showing up in predictions for all of them. We shall see how tomorrow plays out. Majority of the show is going to be Carrie vs Miranda. So hopefully the WME doesn’t control it all, and have Miranda sweep over Carrie in everything. Picture it, 2022 award cycle can show the 2 entertainers of the year being Miranda and Carrie. 2 Females dominating the year!!!