Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coat of Many Colors Dolly Parton movie

lizcarlo

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/dolly-part...oto-128195014505.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Dolly Parton fans, get ready to go back through the years, wanderin’ once again to the legendary singer’s inspiring life story with this first look at her NBC made-for-TV movie Coat of Many Colors. The film stars newcomer Alyvia Alyn Lind as a 9-year-old Dolly Parton, while Ricky Schroder (NYPD Blue) plays her father, Lee, and Grammy award-winning country artist Jennifer Nettles goes brunette to play Dolly’s mother, Avie Lee Parton — the woman who crafted the titular coat for her daughter.

Inspired by Parton’s hit song of the same name, Coat of Many Colors “takes place inside the tight-knit Parton family as they struggle to overcome devastating tragedy and discover the healing power of love, faith, and a raggedy patchwork coat that helped make Parton who she is today,” according to NBC’s official description of the project. While the film takes place in Tennessee Great Smokey Mountains, where Parton grew up, it’s not an official biopic, rather “a family-oriented faith-based story about the incidents in her and her family’s life around the time she was 9 years old.” The cast appearing in the photo above also includes (from left, front row): Carson Meyer as Willadeene Parton, Farrah Mackenzie as Stella Parton, Alyvia Alyn Lind as Dolly, Dylan Michael Rowen as Denver Parton, Parker Sack as David Parton, and Blane Crockarell as Bobby Parton. If this first look doesn’t inspire you to listen to the song again, well, we’re not sure you should even call yourself a Dolly fan.

Coat of Many Colors premieres Thursday, Dec. 10 at 9 p.m. on NBC.

twaintrain

I liked the movie. I was very impressed with Jennifer Nettles' acting. She was great! Glad to see a movie not shy away from talking about Jesus and salvation. Big props to Dolly.

stuffy

I missed the movie due to a rape trial verdict. It took awhile because the guy was a scumbag with 30+ counts to read off.

Suellen

Looking forward to watching this movie. Alyvia who plays Dolly, also plays Faith on the Young and Restless.

liz278

I DVR'd it, haven't watched it yet. But the news anchors were saying that we need more of this kind of movie that the whole family can watch. I hope it got good ratings.

rainbow1

I watched it. Jen was very good, she's quite the actress. The little Dolly was amazing, a Star! Perfect for the whole family to watch and kudos to the real Dolly for putting her faith out there for the world to see!

lizcarlo

I really liked the movie as well. Everybody did such great job. I didn't realize it was Jennifer until near the end. Star power and wholesome storytelling win out yet again. I'm happy for its success. Enjoyed it a lot.