Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country Ladies on Pop

CU4ever

So I checked the pop chart today, and thought this was an interesting data point. Right now, three country female stars - Maren, Gabby, and Kelsea all have a song on pop. I thought this was really interesting, especially since all of their songs are doing pretty well there too.

I know many of us have wished for years Carrie would release songs to pop. I know many think that she probably doesn't want to, but I'm actually not so sure. Maybe she doesn't want her songs remixed or to duet them (totally fine), but say there was a song a pop station really loved, they would play it even if she/UMG didn't officially release the song to that genre or remix it for it. And I don't think Carrie could really have a say so if something like that happened for instance to stop it. Then the song could become a hit on pop with unsolicited airplay - I think this happened with BHC. And in this circumstance, it's not like Carrie really had a say so in it being played there. Which is why I don't think she really would care if the label sent some of her songs to pop as well without remixing them.

I do wonder, does anyone think with it becoming more common for the ladies to release their music to pop UMG/Carrie might consider doing so one day? Like I said, I don't think Carrie would have to touch a lot of her songs or remix them (Gabby, Maren, and Kelsea did not remix their songs). They'd do fine just as they are, just like BHC did many years ago - which Carrie let happen I believe.

txacar

^Joe Galante submitted BHC to pop radio but they refused to play it. Unfortunately for them, demand gave them no choice. I don't think Carrie has a problem with her songs crossing over, but she's not going to remix and turn them into legitimate pop songs for that purpose.

CU4ever

^Joe Galante submitted BHC to pop radio but they refused to play it. Unfortunately for them, demand gave them no choice. I don't think Carrie has a problem with her songs crossing over, but she's not going to remix and turn them into legitimate pop songs for that purpose.

Oh, wow. Didn't know that about BHC.

I agree. And the good thing I was speaking about, IMO, is that none of Carrie's songs need remixes to be turned into "pop" songs. I say a few would do just fine as are. Kelsea, Maren, and Gabby didn't remix their songs for instance and they're doing well. So it would be win-win. I also agree, I don't think Carrie has a problem with her songs crossing over, so I wish UMG would consider doing so especially if they didn't have to be remixed

opry051008

I think they missed a huge opportunity with TSTWUTMLT. It was made for pop and from Carrie's performance at the FC party, she really digs it too.