Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Era - Current iTunes/Streaming Positions

txacar

Does that mean people who have followed her on spotify? Wow, though, what a turnaround UMG have done there. I would say that's pretty impressive, TBH.

Spotify lined their own coffers, as well. They saw what was happening with an album that had practically no promotion, splashed her picture all over Times Square, and other media as well, and look at the results. Win win all around.

Hil

Spotify lined their own coffers, as well. They saw what was happening with an album that had practically no promotion, splashed her picture all over Times Square, and other media as well, and look at the results. Win win all around.

UMG got spotify to do that. I highly doubt spotify just does it on their own. The album had TONS of promotion.

adam1995

But her last record was 3 years ago. Not comparable imo

What? So her listeners increased from 3.7M to 5M, that's a big change, what does it have to do with when her previous album was released. What it tells me is that 1.3M more people decided to start listening, that's important.

stan

Does that mean people who have followed her on spotify? Wow, though, what a turnaround UMG have done there. I would say that's pretty impressive, TBH.
Yup, that's an impressive increase of 1.3M listeners in 3 weeks.

Followers and listeners are two different things though according to Spotify.

Monthly listeners are unique listeners who play your music during a 28-day period.

Followers are listeners who hit follow or ❤ on your artist profile.

> https://artists.spotify.com/faq/stats#who-are-monthly-listeners

Carrie currently has 2,764,228 folllowers.

bluetb4

The Queen!!!

6cE3gsrm_bigger.jpg
Billboard Charts‏Verified account @billboardcharts 12m12 minutes ago

With ‘Cry Pretty’ @carrieunderwood is the first artist to earn seven consecutive No. 1s on the #TopCountryAlbums chart in the its 52-year history.

Kizmet311

Just for comparison's sake, I wanted to see how many monthly listeners some of the other country artists have - the ones that target the younger demographic and do well with streaming/crossover. Also, since I do not use Spotify to stream, would these numbers fluctuate greatly? Meaning, if they have new music out, the numbers would go higher and as single/album cycles end, the numbers would drop again?

FGL - 12.5M (Don't know how this has progressed, but clearly MTB has been a huge factor in this.)
Thomas Rhett - 6.2M (for some reason I thought he would be higher. Guess not! Carrie could pass him soon.)
Dan + Shay - 5.5M (I know they had a huge hit with Tequila so I thought they would be higher. It's not a crossover hit, though, so I guess it didn't help that much. Carrie's pretty much at their level now.)
Sam Hunt - 6.0M (Hasn't he had a crossover hit with BLABR? I really, really thought he would be higher in the streaming. Maybe it's because he hasn't really released anything new lately?)
Kane Brown - 4.9M (I would assume his listeners continue to grow and he has a new album coming in November. He hasn't had a crossover hit yet, though, that I know of or maybe I missed it.)

So, bottom line, I really thought these guys were going to be way ahead of Carrie and they're not, with the exception of FGL, which is to be expected since they had a massive crossover hit.

clh_hilary

It means how many people have listened to her this month at least once.

opry051008

Just for comparison's sake, I wanted to see how many monthly listeners some of the other country artists have - the ones that target the younger demographic and do well with streaming/crossover. Also, since I do not use Spotify to stream, would these numbers fluctuate greatly? Meaning, if they have new music out, the numbers would go higher and as single/album cycles end, the numbers would drop again?

FGL - 12.5M (Don't know how this has progressed, but clearly MTB has been a huge factor in this.)
Thomas Rhett - 6.2M (for some reason I thought he would be higher. Guess not! Carrie could pass him soon.)
Dan + Shay - 5.5M (I know they had a huge hit with Tequila so I thought they would be higher. It's not a crossover hit, though, so I guess it didn't help that much. Carrie's pretty much at their level now.)
Sam Hunt - 6.0M (Hasn't he had a crossover hit with BLABR? I really, really thought he would be higher in the streaming. Maybe it's because he hasn't really released anything new lately?)
Kane Brown - 4.9M (I would assume his listeners continue to grow and he has a new album coming in November. He hasn't had a crossover hit yet, though, that I know of or maybe I missed it.)

So, bottom line, I really thought these guys were going to be way ahead of Carrie and they're not, with the exception of FGL, which is to be expected since they had a massive crossover hit.

Are there other music services that are as big as Spotify that we could also compare?

opry051008

Is it just me but it's confusing me to have this thread and the "Weekly Album Sales, cry Pretty Era" thread going at the same time?

Kizmet311

Is it just me but it's confusing me to have this thread and the "Weekly Album Sales, cry Pretty Era" thread going at the same time?

This used to just be the iTunes chart position thread and some people asked to also have it cover streaming. That's why we kind of made this the "track all things digital" thread. Radio charts/airplay will be kept separate and weekly sales SEA/TEA numbers will be kept separate as they have always been. Really this thread is more about discussing her current positions/streams on a daily basis, whereas the Weekly Album Sales are just for that - weekly tallies that will count towards certifications, etc. Someone did ask if we could just combine all stats/charts in one big thread, but I personally felt that was more confusing, because I thought the radio updates and sales updates would get lost if they were mixed in with other stuff.

Edit: I changed the title of this thread again to reflect more what it's actual purpose is. I had the word sales in the title of this thread when it's really not about album sales at all. We might talk about how much LW sells on a weekly basis or its kworb predictions here, but not the album sales.

Youtube update:

Drinking Alone 100k
TSTWUTMLT 55k
The Bullet 55k
Ghosts on the Stereo 42k
Backsliding 45k
Kingdom 44k
Spinning Bottles 40k
Low 30k
Southbound 25k

youtube update as of today:
Drinking Alone 282k
TSTWUTMLT 208k
The Bullet 158k
Ghosts on the Stereo 138k
Backsliding 181k
Kingdom 131k
Spinning Bottles 158k
Low 112k
Southbound 94k

Kizmet311

youtube update as of today:
Drinking Alone 282k
TSTWUTMLT 208k
The Bullet 158k
Ghosts on the Stereo 138k
Backsliding 181k
Kingdom 131k
Spinning Bottles 158k
Low 112k
Southbound 94k

Update for the two singles and EUWY:

CP 10,994738
LW 1,642,496
EUWY 1,073,472

Josh

UMG got spotify to do that. I highly doubt spotify just does it on their own. The album had TONS of promotion.

How are people saying this album didn't have promotion? They went to town with it. I don't think she's ever had this much from what I remember, unless the earlier albums did, but I don't think they went to this level.

the only thing missing is the level of radio support and that GMA performance, which I'm sure they'll get her back eventually.

opry051008

This used to just be the iTunes chart position thread and some people asked to also have it cover streaming. That's why we kind of made this the "track all things digital" thread. Radio charts/airplay will be kept separate and weekly sales SEA/TEA numbers will be kept separate as they have always been. Really this thread is more about discussing her current positions/streams on a daily basis, whereas the Weekly Album Sales are just for that - weekly tallies that will count towards certifications, etc. Someone did ask if we could just combine all stats/charts in one big thread, but I personally felt that was more confusing, because I thought the radio updates and sales updates would get lost if they were mixed in with other stuff.

Edit: I changed the title of this thread again to reflect more what it's actual purpose is. I had the word sales in the title of this thread when it's really not about album sales at all. We might talk about how much LW sells on a weekly basis or its kworb predictions here, but not the album sales.

I am easily confused so it might have just been me. But Thank you.

I also just noticed that HITS has a chart specifically for weekly Country Song Streams.
HITS Daily Double

CU4ever

Have any big albums come out lately? LW is dropping on iTunes and the area it is in is not good. We could use a boost.

simonplay

^Lil Wayne released his album and all his songs (like 20 songs) are in the top 100, plus today is Friday, so a lot of other songs were released.