Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Music Video

adam1995

Only a day and a half! I don't know how fast the other videos of hers have reached a million, but this seems pretty good.

Plus, if she can rack up a few million views this week, plus the extra sales the video will generate and any increased airplay, which should be a good amount, she'll make a nice move up the charts.

DaisyTweets

With the appearances on the Today show Thursday and then Idol on Sunday night, I would think that should give things a very nice boost!!!!!

FanSince04

Only a day and a half! I don't know how fast the other videos of hers have reached a million, but this seems pretty good.

Plus, if she can rack up a few million views this week, plus the extra sales the video will generate and any increased airplay, which should be a good amount, she'll make a nice move up the charts.

I’m thinking the same thing! I hope she performs on the BBMA. All the consistent buzz would keep CP doing well on the charts.

simonplay

I just did a quick search!

The Champion views - 1 million in one day, #4 on itunes.
2 millions in 2 days, #4 itunes
3 millions in 4 days, #7 itunes

stan

I love the simplicity of the video, which is in line with what Carrie said was "real" emotions. No over the top scenes, but mainly Carrie in various stages of distress in the privacy of her room. In public, she is portrayed as being glamorous in a sequin dress riding in an Escalade but privately, she's human like the rest of us. Sulky Carrie looks good too by the way.

carrie_pose_2.jpg

ethelu

In Grady's review, he says what's missing for him, is the reason that she's crying, but, to me, she could be crying for any of the reasons any of us cry. It's showing that she is not immune to tears just because she's a celebrity. I don't think it's supposed to be for any one thing. She may be a star, but she's still human like the rest of us.

txacar

^Great. When I stopped streaming last night it was just under 900,000. I think the last time we did this well the video (or song) was on Facebook and, of course, it didn't count.

Farawayhills

In Grady's review, he says what's missing for him, is the reason that she's crying, but, to me, she could be crying for any of the reasons any of us cry. It's showing that she is not immune to tears just because she's a celebrity. I don't think it's supposed to be for any one thing. She may be a star, but she's still human like the rest of us.

Yes, that's the way I think it's meant too. In asking that question, I feel Grady's missing the point. This isn't a "story song" that is built around a particular heartbreak or tragedy. As I see it, the song is bringing out a contrast, between a stage image, in the public eye, that artists are expected to maintain, and the artist's private life, where all sorts of emotion may be building to the point where they can no longer be pent up. And because that side of an artist's life is private, we really have no right to ask for a specific explanation of it. I think that makes it a more significant theme - the two sides of the artist's life are a part of who she is, and one will impinge on the other (as the video makes clear). But we shouldn't confuse them, and try to make the artist appear in only one dimension. If we did, that would reduce the artist to the fantasy role figure we've created around her - and the point of CP is to emphasize that there is really a complex human being in all of us,.

FanSince04

I just did a quick search!

The Champion views - 1 million in one day, #4 on itunes.
2 millions in 2 days, #4 itunes
3 millions in 4 days, #7 itunes

I know TC counts as her video, but since it’s very poo/mainstream I think that have it a higher than normal boost for Carrie. She can sale a song and gain views, but since that video had other helping factors it did better in the first few days. CP is doing amazing as her first official album single.

Hil

Yes, that's the way I think it's meant too. In asking that question, I feel Grady's missing the point. This isn't a "story song" that is built around a particular heartbreak or tragedy. As I see it, the song is bringing out a contrast, between a stage image, in the public eye, that artists are expected to maintain, and the artist's private life, where all sorts of emotion may be building to the point where they can no longer be pent up. And because that side of an artist's life is private, we really have no right to ask for a specific explanation of it. I think that makes it a more significant theme - the two sides of the artist's life are a part of who she is, and one will impinge on the other (as the video makes clear). But we shouldn't confuse them, and try to make the artist appear in only one dimension. If we did, that would reduce the artist to the fantasy role figure we've created around her - and the point of CP is to emphasize that there is really a complex human being in all of us,.

This was my interpretation as well.

pgk

I think Grady simply missed the significance and sensitivity of the scenes as they related to the Cry Pretty message.

What's the deal with that new Luke Combs's song? He's been #1 for quite a while in country (and even in all genre before This Is America). And his video just automatically plays right after every time I play Cry Pretty.