Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Tour 360

adam1995

On CMA Country Christmas Carrie's tourmates RunAway June did an amazing rendition of Sleigh Ride: https://cmachristmas.com/video-gallery/

And then if you like a ROCK version of Little Drummer Boy....try For King & Country's LITTLE DRUMMER BOY....just WOW
https://cmachristmas.com/video-gallery/

I was not a fan of the "Little Drummer Boy" performance. It was way too much and just weird. I also don't like the song anyway, but the sentiment was totally lost in that performance.

Smokyiiis

I completely disagree Adam. I thought it was very uplifting as the birth of Christ is....come and celebrate His birth. Very unexpected amazing and inspiring rendition of this song. The vocals & instrumentals were out of this world! I do wish they'd had a microphone on the harmonium though. (A lot of India music utilizes this instrument). The rest of the performances were sleepy and lethargic and then suddenly THIS and the entire audience came alive and gave a standing ovation. As I said before though...I did really enjoy Runaway June's performance, and the gals looked amazing.

By the way if you've ever heard For King & Country's testimonial about their song BURN THE SHIPS about his wife's addictions and then listened to their song....you'll shed a few tears.

adam1995

I completely disagree Adam. I thought it was very uplifting as the birth of Christ is....come and celebrate His birth. Very unexpected amazing and inspiring rendition of this song. The vocals & instrumentals were out of this world! I do wish they'd had a microphone on the harmonium though. (A lot of India music utilizes this instrument). The rest of the performances were sleepy and lethargic and then suddenly THIS and the entire audience came alive and gave a standing ovation. As I said before though...I did really enjoy Runaway June's performance, and the gals looked amazing.

By the way if you've ever heard For King & Country's testimonial about their song BURN THE SHIPS about his wife's addictions and then listened to their song....you'll shed a few tears.

I do believe the whole show didn't seem to have whatever it had in previous years. It's possible that my distaste for the performance stems first from me not being a fan of that particular song.

txacar

^The Christmas show has been subpar since 2014 when Jennifer Nettles hosted. Scenery was spectacular and talent so much better. Songs were uplifting, spiritual, fun. I saved 2014 and watch it every year after trying to watch the current ones. I think this year hit a new low, possibly because Trisha (who has a beautiful voice) set the tone with her vanilla personality. Loved Runaway June and Kristen Chenoweth, but that's about it.

twaintrain

I thought Runaway June did a great job. It was hard to hear them over the music at the concert, so nice to hear their great harmonies. I also loved For King & Country. It was the best performance of the night and truly uplifting. And I really enjoyed hearing one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs, “It Wasn’t His Child,” live for the first time.

I wrapped presents while I watched it. Nice evening.

txacar

^Thanks for posting this. So nice to see them get to take a proper bow. Made me so mad when they cut them off so quickly in the televised showing of the performance. Sent this to my sister soo she can enjoy as well. They deserved that ovation and it should have been shown.

maddkat

Staff member
they just started a contest on the FC about your CPT360 flashbacks.

Could the dvd be in the offing?