Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

rangers73

Has anybody seen the unreleased song on YouTube for Carrie Drink us away and Desert Sun not bad I wonder why they have them trending if she is planning on releasing

CU4ever

I hope next era is livelier. That’s all I’d really like. This era was just so quiet and felt nonexistent. Overall, I feel like it was missing a fan connection and overall buzz. There just didn’t seem to be much going on. Carrie has gotten pretty quiet aside from this most recent interview, and I miss her. and I miss a stacked era, if you will

PRGuy79

I hope next era is livelier. That’s all I’d really like. This era was just so quiet and felt nonexistent. Overall, I feel like it was missing a fan connection and overall buzz. There just didn’t seem to be much going on. Carrie has gotten pretty quiet aside from this most recent interview, and I miss her. and I miss a stacked era, if you will
I agree with you. Even the "My Gift" and "My Savior" side projects seemed to have more buzz and to connect with a wider audience than D & R. This era fell flat from the beginning.

CU4ever

I agree with you. Even the "My Gift" and "My Savior" side projects seemed to have more buzz and to connect with a wider audience than D & R. This era fell flat from the beginning.
Yeah, I definitely felt more connected and excited with “My Gift”, and despite that being a Christmas album released in 2020, it felt like it had way more promo and buzz to it

Jane-Alex

While I would like a few new songs with D&R deluxe, I would prefer new album and not to wait at least two more years for it.

And this might not be important, but I would love If she changes her style (both musical and visual/aesthetics) for next album era. I like glitter very much, but after CP and D&R, I would like something completely different. (I wasn’t fan of her outfits this era)

Jane-Alex

While I'm not criticizing her looks, I think a more toned down, earthy/natural vibe could be really refreshing next era. Hopefully with some more stripped back, countrier music to go along with it : )
Yes this is exactly what I have in mind!
I don’t want to criticise either, I used to love it years ago, but in last few years, I find it just too much, too much of everything.

Zach1998

Agree on switching up the look and sound next era. In a completely non disrespectful way, I almost felt like a lot of the tour outfits/performance outfits looked.... cheap? Really the only performance/tour look that I loved was her 2022 Grammy performance look. Felt very reminiscent of the Blown Away era.

I LOVED everything about the Storyteller era, from the look all the way down to the music/production itself. I personally think that another album in that vein would excel in the current climate, given current trends.

It sucks because while this era didn't fare like the ones past, I feel like it definitely could've been better received had they done a few things differently.
- I love that she wanted to get the album out there early for us, but when it's all said and done, it would've been better to try to time the album release, to corelate when the second single was being released.
- Speaking of singles. If she would've picked from any of Crazy Angels, Burn, Pink Champagne, She Don't Know, as the singles, I believe the gp would've been a little more interested in the project.

At this point I really don't know what I want. I initially wanted a D&R deluxe, but as time keeps passing, I'm not sure if it's happening. The era feels pretty dead at this point, so I wonder if they just push on with HMH until the wheels fall off, then release the Cody duet.

Michael Reid

I have no idea why ascap registered Carrie as a performer on an old unreleased co-write named Blame It On The Radio

anyway
Totally just thinking outside the box. Perhaps they release this is like a theme song to a show on her radio station, or just a bonus single release similar to OOTT to come out with the launch of her radio station, as Radio is in the title???

adam1995

I assume that the Cody Johnson duet will be pretty country. I hope that kind of sets her in a direction to lean more country. I know a lot of people here don't like Miranda or her music, but her performance last night on the ACM's was beautiful and songs like that would sound wonderful with Carrie's voice and musicality.

CU4ever

I agree with the comments about wanting a new aesthetic next era. I really loved the glitter looks from CP, and the whole designs they chose for that era, but for D&R, they just felt…uninspired. Like neither good or bad, just kind of boring. Glitter and all that stuff made sense for two pop infused albums but I want something different next era. A third in a row like those two would just blend in and wouldn’t be original or creative.

I loved Storyteller. The album was a lot of fun and most of the videos were good too. The only thing I didn’t love was the aesthetics of the era. It just felt nonexistent to me. But this album connected VERY well with the public and I still listen to many of them today (I get burnt out on CP and D&R easily). I would LOVE another era that sounded like this.

A Lot went wrong with this era. From the singles to the release to the promo. But what really stands out to me is that, in my opinion, MG felt like more of an era than this one did. And that was a Christmas album released in the peak of the pandemic. That needs to change next era. This era just felt so quiet all around.

countrymusicfan15

I kinda like how it all went. In terms of buzz, Storyteller was big, CP was fairly big. MG was very big, MS was decent, and then D&R was kinda quiet. Not every album has to make a huge splash. But it makes me feel like the next era is gonna be huge! We’re due for the “massive” buzz era lol