Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

Hil

Love how you still love OK Wind after all these years, lol. It is now on youtube, along with Sugar Rush and Drink Us Away (all demos, of course). Had never heard Drink Us Away. Really like it.
Yea, we're probably never getting a studio recording since some fans are brain dead enough to put OW on youtube. Carrie was so upset about it leaking she kept it from being part of the album. Some fans don't deserve to have songs sent to them tbh.

txacar

Yea, we're probably never getting a studio recording since some fans are brain dead enough to put OW on youtube. Carrie was so upset about it leaking she kept it from being part of the album. Some fans don't deserve to have songs sent to them tbh.
Agree. I'm surprised these three haven't been blocked.

Reactions: Hil

Hil

Agree. I'm surprised these three haven't been blocked.
Maybe Carrie doesn't care anymore, and I'm def not trying to be a killjoy, but fans can upload songs and send them to each other, no need to put unreleased things on youtube unless you're just wanting attention from it. Half of the fandom have those songs and no one has put them up. Carrie tends to not release things once they get leaked or put out in the the musicverse.lol

txacar

Maybe Carrie doesn't care anymore, and I'm def not trying to be a killjoy, but fans can upload songs and send them to each other, no need to put unreleased things on youtube unless you're just wanting attention from it. Half of the fandom have those songs and no one has put them up. Carrie tends to not release things once they get leaked or put out in the the musicverse.lol
I remember the OW incident like it was yesterday. I think she still cares and I understand completely. I was really shocked to see OW when I opened youtube. Now all three are on the opening page so maybe they will be noticed and removed. Unfortunately, as you said previously, any chance that we will ever get to hear a finished recording is probably zero.

Jane-Alex

I’d love a from the vault, or for them to be included in anniversary editions of the album. Who knows how many stellar songs she left on the table, because she had to narrow it down to 12-13 songs.
or just randomly release a few songs a year like she did with OOTT. Just to put them out so people can listen to them. Its pity so many great songs will stay unheard just because they couldn’t fit on albums.

tgbrinker

Now that keeping some kind of radio streak is less important, I hope the next album is full of risks, stuff that’s “too country,” long songs, and stuff that bends genre even more.

and a BIG album. Like 16+ tracks.

I wouldn’t mind a new co-producer. I like DG but both he and Carrie love Contemporary Christian music, and you can tell with their sound.

CU4ever

Another big thing I want from this era is in regards to the tour. I need a new set list. I really feel like Storyteller deserved more songs on the tour. I am very glad she kept a lot from Blown Away and did the choir version of Church Bells (I hope she always keeps this!), but I'd like a few more songs from that album. I think it'd be nice if she performed Heartbeat too. I'm curious what songs she'll keep from D&R- maybe just Ghost Story. I'd like her to drop Flat on the Floor, but I'm sure that won't happen lol.

Ideally, I'd like her to do a tour like Taylor Swift is doing right now. Long set list, a few from every album.

Maybe I should make a dream set list post, but strictly speaking about the tour for CU8, I'm hoping for these things mentioned.

Zach1998

Yeah she should add some of her ballads back into the set (So Small, Temporary Home, See You Again, Just A Dream, DFTRM.) I’ll gladly take any of those back in the set.

She’s getting to the point in her career where she needs to have a rotating song that changes every show. It would be a treat for a lot of fans to be able to hear some of the songs she doesn’t perform, because honestly, I pretty much guessed which songs would make the setlist from each album and was right.

CU4ever

Yeah she should add some of her ballads back into the set (So Small, Temporary Home, See You Again, Just A Dream, DFTRM.) I’ll gladly take any of those back in the set.

She’s getting to the point in her career where she needs to have a rotating song that changes every show. It would be a treat for a lot of fans to be able to hear some of the songs she doesn’t perform, because honestly, I pretty much guessed which songs would make the setlist from each album and was right.
yeah, I really need her to bring back some of her old music. The only old songs she really does are Wasted and then her upbeat songs, and tbh, I need her to mix it up. Personally, I never loved Last Name, Undo it, or Cowboy Casanova, so it is a bit more frustrating for me.

She really does need to do a rotating song or two. This would be especially fun if she incorporated some album tracks too, because some of them have probably only ever seen the light of day like twice ever.

I really would like her to do a longer set list honestly, but I know we can't definitely expect that. But it might be necessary because she now will have ten albums next era, and it's really hard to do them all justice

The Nanook

I'll admit I went to the D&R tour mainly out of loyalty. I like seeing the new spectacle between tours and D&R certainly had highlights (CMT Awards version of CB, drums, etc.), but as a whole I'm not too excited to see her perform basically the same set of songs each tour (namely the LN/UI/CC/FOTF conglomerate and BHC encore). Those are generally her bigger, upbeat hits so I get why they're always on the setlist. But at this point I'd rather hear her sing Southbound and especially PC and VH given that it was the D&R tour and she said she recorded the album with touring in mind.

To me Play On is still one of her more fun tours. It was still relatively early on in her career where she didn't have as many "signature songs," which gave her more freedom to sing album tracks like What Can I Say, Songs Like This, covers from multiple different genres (Summer of 69, Take Me Home Country Roads, HGTA) along with the rotating genre each night, at least briefly. Carrie doesn't typically deviate from the normal melody or do runs except maybe briefly for award shows, but the Play On tour was when I felt she was most vocally experimental and acrobatic: the extra high notes at the end of Last Name, the vocal run at the end of Wasted that I love that she doesn't do anymore, incorporating a variety of songs into Songs Like This (White Liar, Single Ladies) and the runs at the very end.

Also, Some Hearts is nearly diamond. Rotate in Starts with Goodbye, The Night Before, Lessons Learned, etc. Like her or not, but Taylor Swift really knows how to get people wanting to see more than just one show each tour to the point that, combined with her stardom, tens of thousands of people tune into live streams and watch uploaded YouTube videos to see different surprise guests, hear secret songs each night, etc. It also gets attendees re-listening to literally her entire catalogue on streaming platforms leading up to the show to make sure they're prepared for whatever surprise song they get.

Last edited:

CU4ever

I'll admit I went to the D&R tour mainly out of loyalty. I like seeing the new spectacle between tours and D&R certainly had highlights (CMT Awards version of CB, drums, etc.), but as a whole I'm not too excited to see her perform basically the same set of songs each tour (namely the LN/UI/CC/FOTF conglomerate and BHC encore). Those are generally her bigger, upbeat hits so I get why they're always on the setlist. But at this point I'd rather hear her sing Southbound and especially PC and VH given that it was the D&R tour and she said she recorded the album with touring in mind.

To me Play On is still one of her more fun tours. It was still relatively early on in her career where she didn't have as many "signature songs," which gave her more freedom to sing album tracks like What Can I Say, Songs Like This, covers from multiple different genres (Summer of 69, Take Me Home Country Roads, HGTA) along with the rotating genre each night, at least briefly. Carrie doesn't typically deviate from the normal melody or do runs except maybe briefly for award shows, but the Play On tour was when I felt she was most vocally experimental and acrobatic: the extra high notes at the end of Last Name, the vocal run at the end of Wasted that I love that she doesn't do anymore, incorporating a variety of songs into Songs Like This (White Liar, Single Ladies) and the runs at the very end.

Also, Some Hearts is nearly diamond. Rotate in Starts with Goodbye, The Night Before, Lessons Learned, etc. Like her or not, but Taylor Swift really knows how to get people wanting to see more than just one show each tour to the point that, combined with her stardom, tens of thousands of people tune into live streams and watch uploaded YouTube videos to see different surprise guests, hear secret songs each night, etc. It also gets attendees re-listening to literally her entire catalogue on streaming platforms leading up to the show to make sure they're prepared for whatever surprise song they get.
A perfectly worded post, so well written and I completely agree. I will go to every tour of Carrie’s because she puts on a phenomenal show. But I’m tired of LN/CC/FOTF/UI. I never liked any of them to begin with, to be honest. They were songs of hers I just never enjoyed. She has plenty of fun songs she could have on the tour - Smoke Break, Southbound, even Good Girl! We desperately need a new set list. I think “Heartbeat” and other ballads or mid tempo ballads could be a beautiful concert moment. The AMA performance or Heartbeat was SO beautiful- the red lights, lanterns, etc.

But I don’t see anything wrong with her doing some older album tracks. Taylor is doing it, and certainly not all of her songs are upbeat. The idea of a rotating cover song or rotating song would be so much fun as well. And as Carrie makes more albums, she has more songs and the same amount of songs to sing (unless she does a longer set list). Considering that most of the set list has to be the new album, changing up the set list is a must so that all of her discography can be enjoyed, not just the same handful of songs.

FanSince04

Personally, I love her tours. Her die hard fans will of course want deep cuts and something she hasn’t performed live. However, she needs to think of her fans she continues to accumulate which will be expecting the staples.

My dad came with me to her D&R tour and spoke highly of it because of the energetic show she performed. He is a radio DJ and commented that she chose the right songs with the right balance of mid-tempo.

I would love a Some Hearts/Play On combo in the future. These are my two favorite eras…. followed closely by Blown Away 😊

rcramer

^^^ agree 100%.... I have taken someone different to every one of her concerts and each person has been blow away by her as a singer and a performer.....

FanSince04

I personally am looking forward to The Ravinia concert in September! Part of me secretly hopes she releases new music or hints by then so I be part of the first crowd to experience that. My wife recently signed me up for Carrie’s fan club so now I can be part of the first group to get access to tickets!
So, my secret hope came true! I can’t wait to hear all six new songs 🤞🏼