Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Cary - RIP

Farawayhills

It's so very sad to get confirmation of this loss, that regular visitors to the Board must have feared from Cary's absence over the past few months. He had a very special place in the history of the Board, and in its long continuation as a source of information and fan friendship. We owe him a debt of gratitude for the time and effort he put into his regular updates.

I'd just like to add that, although I know nothing of Cary's, or his family's, personal life or beliefs, I noticed that his rites were organized by a Jewish funeral service. Jewish rites often focus on mourning, remembrance, and comfort, rather than on the afterlife, and there are traditional messages that can be exchanged. Looking up on-line I found that one such message is
"That you should know no further sorrow"
- and I hope this might be appropriate as a farewell.

Hil

This makes me so sad. It's so strange how we all don't really know each other and yet we are all connected in a way. My prayers to his friends and family. He will be missed here.

teesharky

Really hope it's not true.....Cary taught us all about chart history and changed my world really, by opening it up to how the music industry works. He was so nice too, and always polite to everyone. RIP Cary (if true)-- and I hope you are in heaven watching Madkatt's chart thread with pride....because you taught her well too. (smile)

angeliccarrie

If this is true, I am very saddened by this news. He was so knowledgeable and was so kind to everyone. I looked forward to reading his chart updates and his insights into the charts. We will miss you.
RIP, Cary. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

carrieidol1

His posts were a huge reason why I joined this message board. Even in times when I didn't actively post, I checked his updates every day. I've been missing them for a while now, and it's truly saddening to have his passing confirmed. RIP, Cary!

utlovescarrie

This is so sad if true! Cary was the shining example of a gentleman moderator and a wonderful professor of the music charts and industry. Cary taught me everything I know about the charts, the shinanigans that labels and radio play and just how much the "business" is about luck and packaging. Cary was also a true gentleman mod while calling "us" out for highjacking a thread with SWSRN talk, commenting about Carrie's personal life (before Carrie joined social media and invited us in) and most especially when comments from members would get disrespectful or mean towards another. Rest in Peace Cary and I hope you know that your legacy lives on in Madkatt and her amazing updates and you're memory lives on in all our hearts.