Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

pklongbeach

Tried to watch A Christmas Story Live. I only made it about 10 minutes in. The camera work was way too distracting and it had none of the heart of the original. It was a great effort with legitimate stage performers doing a great job. It just did not work for me at all. Again, it might have been good on stage but filmed "Live" which is was NOT made for a really fast paced dizzing format. And I thought the new songs were pretty terrible as well......

jimshoe

Tried to watch A Christmas Story Live. I only made it about 10 minutes in. The camera work was way too distracting and it had none of the heart of the original. It was a great effort with legitimate stage performers doing a great job. It just did not work for me at all. Again, it might have been good on stage but filmed "Live" which is was NOT made for a really fast paced dizzing format. And I thought the new songs were pretty terrible as well......

I agree it was painful to watch. I lasted a little longer than 10 minutes but that’s only because the SNF didn’t start until about 7:20.

Smokyiiis

I didn't last thru the first scene. Hogwash. Reviews weren't very good either....at least the few I spared a few moments for.

lizcarlo

I lasted close to 15 maybe 20 minutes then gave up. Its didn't have any spirit of the movie and didn't like voice of narrator. It was just so boring.

Louisa

Lady A’s Hillary Scott posted this to her Instagram Story. Cool her daughter is a fan of Carrie’s SOM. https://www.instagram.com/hillaryscottla/

4r57j6.jpg

liz278

In this week's TV Guide, they have a 1/2 page about A Christmas Story and how bad the ratings were. But they did a chart of all the musicals and the ratings. Suffice it to say, SOML still and for the foreseeable future will be the highest.
SOML. - 18.6
Grease Live. - 12.2
The Wiz Live. - 11.5
Peter Pan Live. - 9.2
Hairspray Live. - 9.1
Tyler Perry The Passion. - 6.6
A Christmas Story. - 4.5

Jesus Christ Superstar looks like it might be good. And we have Bye Bye Birdie coming. Wonder if either one will top SOML.

Kizmet311

Awww, love that Eisele watches Carrie's version of TSOM!

I don't think any tv musical will ever top SOML. It was the first in decades and a lot tuned in for the novelty of it. Half the time I don't even know when the others are going to be on tv.

Smokyiiis

I excitedly watched my copy over the holidays. Hubby rolls his eyes but it’s become a tradition at my house....every Christmas season.

ethelu

Craig Zadan liked

Neil Meron

Verified account

@neilmeron
7h7 hours ago
More
We're #Thrilled to announce that @SaraBareilles will be #MaryMagdalene in #JesusChristSuperstarLive In Concert. Welcome to the great cast along with @johnlegend @alicecooper @OfficialALW @SirTimRice @nbc #EasterSunday

DS4vgKYVMAAAhap.jpg

lizcarlo

Craig Zadan liked

Neil Meron

Verified account

@neilmeron
7h7 hours ago
More
We're #Thrilled to announce that @SaraBareilles will be #MaryMagdalene in #JesusChristSuperstarLive In Concert. Welcome to the great cast along with @johnlegend @alicecooper @OfficialALW @SirTimRice @nbc #EasterSunday

View attachment 30974

Sara Bareilles is so talented. So excited for her.

Jade_kt

In this week's TV Guide, they have a 1/2 page about A Christmas Story and how bad the ratings were. But they did a chart of all the musicals and the ratings. Suffice it to say, SOML still and for the foreseeable future will be the highest.
SOML. - 18.6
Grease Live. - 12.2
The Wiz Live. - 11.5
Peter Pan Live. - 9.2
Hairspray Live. - 9.1
Tyler Perry The Passion. - 6.6
A Christmas Story. - 4.5

Jesus Christ Superstar looks like it might be good. And we have Bye Bye Birdie coming. Wonder if either one will top SOML.

I would say the high ratings for SOML was due to the Carrie Underwood affect....lol. People tuned in mainly for her and to see how she would do. I know I tuned in just because of her. Have Carrie do another musical and I bet that would do well too.