Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

ethelu

I watched Jesus Christ Superstar last night. I really liked it. I thought everyone did a great job, and it held my interest. I liked John Legend's voice. I've seen and heard many different versions of the show, and everyone who has played Jesus has sung the part in a little different way. I enjoyed what John did with it, and he had some exquisite moments. There were so many great singing voices in the show, and I thought there was really good energy. It was good to have an audience for this show, it's supposed to be a rock concert, but I don't think that would work with every musical.

ethelu

Final ratings for JCS:

@craigzadan
Following Following @craigzadan
More
IndieWire: “In ratings news, NBC’s “Jesus Christ Superstar Live In Concert” earned mostly critical praise, and did quite well for the network, averaging 10.6 million viewers.”

lizcarlo

I didn't care for the play. I didn't think they did bad job. Everyone did great. I think it's just not one I enjoy. Happy it did well that's means they will do it more.

ethelu

I didn't care for the play. I didn't think they did bad job. Everyone did great. I think it's just not one I enjoy. Happy it did well that's means they will do it more.

Not everyone's cup of tea, I guess. When I was young, my older brothers had the original concept album. We played it all the time, and when I was in eighth grade, Sister Clare would play it on Fridays, for music class. I've loved it forever.

lizcarlo

Not everyone's cup of tea, I guess. When I was young, my older brothers had the original concept album. We played it all the time, and when I was in eighth grade, Sister Clare would play it on Fridays, for music class. I've loved it forever.

This was my first time seeing it. That's such sweet memory. There are musicals, music and ballet I love because of memories connected to them.

ethelu

This was my first time seeing it. That's such sweet memory. There are musicals, music and ballet I love because of memories connected to them.

I know what you mean about memories connected to music and musicals, etc. Speaking of musicals, I think it's time I watch SOML again, tonight.

ethelu

After JCS aired, EW posted a list of live musicals from best to worst. SOML was 3rd to the last, with only Peter Pan and Dirty Dancing below it. Yesterday, Craig Zadan retweeted some of the responses to the list, including this one:

Craig Zadan Retweeted

Ashley/Bentley‏

@ashleybentleyla
now13 hours ago

Replying to @EW
We all should apologize to @carrieunderwood. She began a musical renaissance that is still around years later. @AudraEqualityMc’s rendition of “Climb Every Mountain” still remains the best moment of any of these LIVE Events. SOM Still remains the most watched.

ethelu

A little Sound of Music fun on National Siblings Day:

Rodgers & Hammerstein
Verified account

@RnH_Org
How well do you know the #SoundOfMusic? Can you name the Von Trapp children in order of their age? Retweet your answer! #NationalSiblingsDay

Ariane Rinehart
Verified account

@arianerinehart

All I know is that Liesl is sixteen years old and doesn’t need a governess.

ethelu

Neil Meron

Verified account

@neilmeron

Our next LIVE MUSICAL for @nbc with be #Hair Spring 2019. The new dawning of the Age of #Aquarius So honored to present one of my favorite shows!!

txacar

That's horrible. What's with all of the problems with joint replacements all of a sudden. My best friend died of a blood clot following knee replacement. I'm really sorry about Craig Z. Prayers for his family and associates.

Last edited:

PRGuy79

What a huge loss to the entertainment world! My prayers go out for comfort for his loved ones, friends and business associates.