Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Farawayhills

Sky Arts aired this again yesterday (a bank holiday in most parts of the UK), introducing it as with 'Grammy Winner Carrie Underwood'.
Always good to see - and I particularly liked the shots of the rehearsals which played during the end titles. I hadn't particularly noticed those shots before, but I think they highlighted how much the cast enjoyed interacting with Carrie. There was a lot of respect and mutual admiration.

PRGuy79

Leave a comment! The haters are coming already..

She was so joyful and wonderful in this role - and so brave to lead something new that hadn't occurred in a generation on television. Because of her fearlessness, a new generation has been introduced to live musicals on television. So many people were unfairly critical of Carrie and it was rooted, I believe, in a snobby disdain for a "country music star" who had "taken the place" of a credible Broadway actress in a high profile role. But what those critics never acknowledged was that the show would never have been given the greenlight without Carrie's star power and the unique opportunity to watch her bravely lead the production live. Because Carrie succeeded and it was a ratings smash, countless other productions also received a greenlight. I think history will be much kinder to Carrie as it reflects on the astounding undertaking that this first production was. What an enormous risk! And Carrie's performance was amazing!