Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do It For Daron

supercarriefan

Having dealt with depression and anxiety myself, this story really touches something in me. I hope that this is just the start of a real breakthrough in getting people to talk about mental health issues particularly getting young people to talk about it with their parents or other adults.
It starts with adults though, so I'm glad to see Daron's parents talking about their daughter, and to see the family at the end of the clip having a real discussion about mental health.
Hopefully the new curriculum in Ottawa will spread to a national level and people will start talking about these important issues.
I was just watching Anderson today, and he had parents of young people that have committed suicide, and he also had on teens that have suffered mental health issues due to bullying. This is an issue that needs more attention before the world loses more wonderful young people.
That DIFD video of Carrie and Mike makes me tear up every time because they may very well have changed someone's life just by letting them know they aren't alone and that they are important to someone.

opry051008

Thanks for sharing supercarriefan. I hope as you do that the new curriculum will spread across Canada. It's great to have all these campaigns and YouTube videos trying to help all these young people but I'm really happy to see a major change like this new curriculum become a reality.

carrieguy2

thank you both for these very informative and enlightening posts! :)

supercarriefan i appreciate your willingness to share your experiences and observations.

Jade_kt

Glad to see that they are still continuing the DIFD campaign and education going on. Now maybe people suffering from depression/anxiety/etc. won't have to suffer alone.