Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think about me VS Good in goodbye VS Wine after whiskey VS Cupids got a shotgu

Do you think about me VS Good in goodbye VS Wine after whiskey VS Cupid got a shotg

• Total voters

carrie admirer

Which is your favorite song from the following that you think that it deserves to be the fifth official single ?

Do you think about me
VS
Good in goodbye
VS
Wine after whiskey
VS
Cupids got a shotguN

countrymusicfan15

I personally like DYTAM most out of the 4 choices, but I do want WAW to be single #5. It would be critically-acclaimed and a stand out on radio for sure.
I don't think GIG is radio friendly in the least.
CGAS would be ok. I would choose OWT and LLA over it though.

So, in order, here are my choices for the 5th single:

Wine After Whiskey
DYTAM
Leave Love Alone
One Way Ticket
CGAS
Forever Changed

Farawayhills

Of the three songs looking back on a lost relationship, I think WAW is the strongest (and also the one that represents the biggest step forward for Carrie, thematically) and a few weeks ago, that would have been one of the songs I would have seen as a good single for her.

Now, however, I think the release of SYA creates a different impression for the album when compared with the very innovative first three singles. I feel Carrie needs a musically high impact and assertively Country song to re-emphasize that the BA era is intended to take her work to a new level. In that context, I wouldn't see GIG fulfilling that objective (and I'm afraid I'd see DYTAM as the worst choice - not because it's in itself a bad song, but because I see it as rather lightweight, too generic, and really offering nothing to lift Carrie's stylistic range) WAW, as I say, would have been a forward step, but now I see it as rather too slow and and subdued to have enough of the forceful impact I hope for.

So my choice now would be CGAS - one of Carrie's strongest excursions yet into Country Rock, which I feel would reinforce the memorable impact this album era deserves

evink

I think Cupids Got a Shot Gun m60 myself....just Blown Away...ya know...Saw The Acms Live n Bootlegged it Plus Got into the All Star Jam After Party N Bootlegged that as well...watched Keith Urban Jam out with Jason Aldean and later on Keith with Hunter Hayes at All Star Jam...OH HAPPY 420 DAY YA ALL...Like Ozzy Says...KEEP ON TOKING IT...;o)

Carrieflattsfan

Of the choices, "Good In Goodbye" is probably my favorite, but I think DYTAM would be the perfect choice for a 5th single.

Stylistically, all three singles have leaned more heavily towards pop/rock than country, and I would say it would be smart for Carrie to represent that side of the album.

BA is such a diverse album, I would hate for people to get the impression that Carrie has strayed from country music because of her recent single choices; the general public is very fickle, and I think they need to know Carrie is still as loyal as ever to country music.

WAW needs to be a single, but right now I think Carrie needs something upbeat and light at radio, so I'd pick DYTAM next.

RyanVaCarrieFan

Good In Goodbye WILL BE the 5th Single. It has great digital sales and IS radio friendly...Carrie could release the phone book and it would be radio friendly! I can imagine the video now! The only other song that stands a chance at beating GIG is WAW only because they loved it so much they kept it from the PO era and put it on BA...

countrymusicfan15

Good In Goodbye WILL BE the 5th Single. It has great digital sales and IS radio friendly...Carrie could release the phone book and it would be radio friendly! I can imagine the video now! The only other song that stands a chance at beating GIG is WAW only because they loved it so much they kept it from the PO era and put it on BA...

:D

Louisa

I voted for Cupid's Got a Shotgun. But I'd love it if they released Wine After Whiskey. Honestly, any song they release would be great as the album is perfect!

JLO_Carrie

GIG! That has been one of my favorites and still is since the album has been released. Plus the video would be gorgeous.

Schrodinger

This was a tough one because I love WAW, but CGASG is also a favorite and I'm going with it. It's so country, has a great hook, and loads of video treatment options. DYTAM has never been in my top 5 or even 6 songs on BA. It doesn't click with me. I love GIG, but every time I hear it I think of Garth's Unanswered Prayers. so it strikes me as too derivative.

carriecountrystar

I remember last era around this time- we all picked and debated about single #5 for the longest time and then whatdoyaknow, it was the end. I wish they'd been clear about it instead of just letting us hang there. Maybe it's just me, but I always felt like the era didn't really get proper closure- it just went away. Does that make sense?

Let's just hope it won't be Deja vu again. Not gonna lie, I'd feel cheated for Carrie if she wasn't given single 5 while Miranda is granted a 5th single (for the second time over Carrie) even though the first 3 singles Carrie released were all stronger AND more successful than Miranda's 3.