Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doris Day

opry051008

I used to love Tom and Meg. D: They were my heroes. xD

It'll be like when I went on my Angie Harmon kick but with infinitely more stuff to watch. Although Calimity Jane is equally as butch as Jane Rizzoli. She even moves in with a chick. Janet Tamaro should take notes because even though Calam falls for a dude, it was done organically.

I like Tom and Meg too, but they're no Doris and Rock. But that's jmo.

I saw that movie so many years ago I can't even remember it. In fact I've seen many of her movies and her tv show but I don't remember them too much.

allamericangirl8

Nanny's new obsession survived getting hit by a train.

My new obsession died after taking a dip in a river and never coming out.

Doris is a survivor.

nannygirl

Opry, how old are you? xD

This thread is more popular than I thought it'd be. :p

Doris is so cool. I'm gonna write her a fan letter soon. :)

liz278

Hi Nanny! So glad to have you back!!

I haven't watched a Doris Day movie in forever, but looking at all the posts I will have to watch one (when I'm not watching the Olympics :))

nannygirl

When I heard her laugh in this clip, it sounded like the squirrel who lives next to my house.... and I'm not kidding. :)

I love squirrels. No joke. It's one of the things on Twitter. Nanny loves squirrels and arm hair. Angie decided to use the arm hair bit. xD

Doris Day was famous for this song (From this movie) :):)

Que Sera Sera, whatever will be, will be. <3

I watched that movie yesterday! :)

The Windy City from Calamity Jane (1953) - YouTube

DizzyDollyDee

Everyone loved Doris Day - you couldn't help it!! Her movies were shown on TV for years and years they were so good - plus she was just so likeable!! You have a good reason to like her As far as her singing, she wsn't hardly a Carrie - she was a total different type - Carrie has far more talent and range!

nannygirl

Everyone loved Doris Day - you couldn't help it!! Her movies were shown on TV for years and years they were so good - plus she was just so likeable!! You have a good reason to like her As far as her singing, she wsn't hardly a Carrie - she was a total different type - Carrie has far more talent and range!

I meant they're both as cute as buttons (whatever that means. I never quite understood that expression...)! :)

I love Doris' jazzy vocals. x)

Her movies are STILL shown on TV a lot. Calamity Jane will be showing a bunch in the next few days, I know. And I watched Send Me No Flowers on Encore. :)

Doris is the number one female box office star ever. She's so cool.

Mirasa45A

Doris' laugh was so adorable. I saw a clip of her singing in Calamity Jane. So much personality! D:

Doris Day was very famous around the world. When I used to live in many countries in Asia, many people knew her as the woman who sang "Que Sera Sera". :):) Even little children in Asia used to learn to play piano / Organ with "Que Sera Sera" :):)

maddkat

Staff member
I love Doris!!The 3 Doris/Rock movies can't be beat!'Lover Come back"...lol , I love that movie.
and I agree with Opry - Tom/Meg wish they were as good as Doris/Rock.Please

bearball49

Funny you should bring that up. I AM old enough to have been a huge fan of Doris Day and when Carrie was on Idol doing some of the old tunes, Doris Day is exactly who I thought of. She had the same effortless voice and girl next door likeability with a beauty that was undeniable.Love them both and yes, Doris has always sponsored animal rescue as well.

nannygirl

^This is the start of a beautiful friendship. ;)

Doris' song Sentimental Jouney was the first song ever put into the Grammy Hall of Fame.

Gator

I loved Doris Day, her movies and "The Doris Day Show"! My dad's favorite saying (and yes, song) was "Que Sera Sera".

Okay, nostalgia set in. I'm going to have to have a Doris Day movie night now! ;)

pklongbeach

Doris Day was a natural as an actress.
Meaning, she was not "acting" like someone. she was completely believable because she genuinely believed what she was doing. It reads on screen very differently than say a Meryl Streep.
She is a genuinely good person, and because she played her roles in a very natural way, that natural goodness really did come through.
It came through in her singing also.
Very natural, very relaxed. The tone was beautiful and never manufactured.
She is a classic for these reasons.
She was also smart enough not to go for roles that would require her to "be somebody else". she was not that kind of actress.