Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drinking Alone' chart updates

txacar

Thanks for updating us through another era, Donna. I much appreciate your diligence in getting the stats to us, and it's fun learning from the extra information you provide relative to the charts, etc. Looking forward to the next one!!!!!

CU4ever

I wonder what UMG tells Carrie the song peaked at? I cannot see them making it look good that her first album on them had these peaks

maddkat

Staff member
^ I'm sure Carrie is aware of where her songs peaked, and isn't overly concerned since she got to make the music she wanted as well as pick the singles she wanted.

Thanks for updating us through another era, Donna. I much appreciate your diligence in getting the stats to us, and it's fun learning from the extra information you provide relative to the charts, etc. Looking forward to the next one!!!!!
You're welcome. I'm missing tracking her music already. lol
Really hoping for a 5th single or duet. Otherwise it's going to be a long dry spell tracking singles.

CU4ever

^ I'm sure Carrie is aware of where her songs peaked, and isn't overly concerned since she got to make the music she wanted as well as pick the singles she wanted.

You're welcome. I'm missing tracking her music already. lol
Really hoping for a 5th single or duet. Otherwise it's going to be a long dry spell tracking singles.

That's really what I was wondering.. just if she knew where they peaked. I wasn't really meaning to be upset about the singles/peaks, just wondering if she knew. I feel like when artists are making music for so long they stop checking each song all the time. Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think there's a chance we get single five or her usual duet?

^^so are there actual charts for Christmas stuff? If so the lead single for the Christmas album in probably like 3.5 months might be the next thing to track. Or a duet/fifth single fingers crossed.

CU4ever

^^so are there actual charts for Christmas stuff? If so the lead single for the Christmas album in probably like 3.5 months might be the next thing to track. Or a duet/fifth single fingers crossed.

We'll def be able to track her Christmas songs on AC and whatnot since around the holidays those charts are 50 Christmas songs. Lol

maddkat

Staff member
I just saw a tweet that said Scotty's song is #1. Is this accurate or did it just it hit #1 for like a day and peak somewhere lower?
He spent 2 days at #1 on mediabase,majorly crashing now.
On Billboard he jumped from 8 to #1 . The biggest jump since 1991, the song increased 25%, and he thanks radio for their support. loll
Tons of money/favors had to be involved in his push last week. Really wish they'd crack down on that again.

Smokyiiis

I heard several radio station interviews with him yesterday. I assumed that’s why now. Ugh...such manipulation

NC State Carrie Fan

He spent 2 days at #1 on mediabase,majorly crashing now.
On Billboard he jumped from 8 to #1 . The biggest jump since 1991, the song increased 25%, and he thanks radio for their support. loll
Tons of money/favors had to be involved in his push last week. Really wish they'd crack down on that again.
But this can't happen with Carrie - has to be the label I would think. Ugh

Anyways I am so glad he is having success with this album, he has quite the story and has been one of my favorites since Idol!

Momin

#2 Carly Pearce and Lee Brice - "I Hope You're Happy Now"
#6 Miranda Lambert - "Bluebird"
#10 Carrie Underwood - "Drinking Alone"
#15 Maddie & Tae - "Die From a Broken Heart"
#16 Reba McEntire & Hilary Scott (with Thomas Rhett) - "Be a Light"
#17 Ashley McBryde - "One Night Standards"
#25 Gone West - "What Could've Been"
#28 Lauren Alaina (with Hardy) - "One Beer"
#34 Lauren Alaina - "Getting Good"
#43 Tenille Arts - "Somebody Like That" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-S5dwsTVA)
#44 Maren Morris - "To Hell and Back"
#48 Lindsay Ell - "I Don't Love You" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K-G0ig1p0g)

#5 Miranda Lambert - "Bluebird"
#11 Maddie & Tae - "Die From a Broken Heart"
#13 Carly Pearce and Lee Brice - "I Hope You're Happy Now" *Peaked at No. 1*
#14 Reba McEntire & Hilary Scott (with Thomas Rhett) - "Be a Light"
#15 Carrie Underwood - "Drinking Alone"
#17 Ashley McBryde - "One Night Standards"
#26 Lauren Alaina (with Hardy) - "One Beer"
#29 Gone West - "What Could've Been" *Finally falling*
#37 Lauren Alaina - "Getting Good"
#44 Tenille Arts - "Somebody Like That" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-S5dwsTVA)
#46 Maren Morris - "To Hell and Back"

adam1995

What is shocking to me are the utterly abysmal audience numbers for every song. The #1 song has under 26.7 million impressions. That's about half of radio's peak. Just shows the incredible slide of radio's relevance. Crazy.

CU4ever

I'm really surprised about how slow this is falling- at least compared to how fast the last three songs fell

Zach1998

Very nice to see this song have such a slow decent, despite only peaking at 9. Would have already expected it to have dropped outside the top 30 by now.