Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drinking Alone video out Nov 20

maddkat

Staff member
Southbound also opened with a title screen. I like the concept - it makes it seem like a movie trailer.
Really? Guess I missed that or forgot. Only watched it the one time.
Still weird. Doesn't seem t have much purpose.

another thing about the video... why bourbon instead of tequila?

Smokyiiis

Really? Guess I missed that or forgot. Only watched it the one time.
Still weird. Doesn't seem t have much purpose.

another thing about the video... why bourbon instead of tequila?

LOL, probably because they didn't think anyone would catch that????

Smokyiiis

https://www.countrynow.com/carrie-u...lss8C8xEtKFC9X9Oao8RAqwKrjubGfd5rCsCMWOsuP-OQ

Following her show-stopping performance of “Drinking Alone” at last week’s CMA Awards, Carrie Underwood is revealing the official music video for the sultry track.

The steamy music video finds Underwood teaming up once again with frequent collaborator Randee St. Nicholas. Set in what appears to be a dimly lit jazz club, the clip features Underwood as a lounge singer who ends up locking eyes with a handsome man across the room. As she sings, they both begin to imagine themselves sharing a few cocktails with each other and getting quite cozy in a booth together.
“We should be drinking alone, together / Drowning the pain is better / With somebody else who got problems / We ain’t gonna solve ‘em / But misery loves company / Tonight all I need is a stranger / Lips with a whiskey chaser / And a corner booth kiss / To make me forget that he’s gone / We should be drinking alone /We should be drinking alone, together,” she croons throughout the chorus as she admires the gentleman in the bar.
Watch the brand new “Drinking Alone” music video above.
The song, which marks Underwood’s fourth single from her Cry Pretty album, was co-written by Underwood alongside David Garcia and Brett James.

maddkat

Staff member
Something Bad music video was a movie trailer, so that made perfect sense and the video was perfect.
this, SB was designed to be a simulated movie trailer.That was the premise of video.
Neither Southbound nor DA were and they don't look in any like a movie trailer, so it's just weird.

jaymiee

So I've watched it a good 15 times now probably and I do like it the more I watch it. I mean video or not I love the song. I can't wait till it hopefully climbs to #1

Louisa

I like the video. Carrie looks beautiful as always and I love her look. I hope we get a making of clip soon. I like to see how the videos come together. Carrie must really love RSN. She has worked with her so many times. ;-)

Zach1998

Didn’t know where to put this, but from what it looks like Miranda Lambert’s new video for “Bluebird” was shot in the same location as Carrie shot the video for “Drinking Alone.” I know both were shot in NYC and the location looks way to similar for it to be a coincidence. Just thought it was a cool piece of info to share. Maybe Carrie recommended it to her.

Farawayhills

That's an interesting possibility. Both videos have a retro, period feel, and both are set in a sophisticated lounge club atmosphere, that seems to be suggesting a deliberate broadening away from traditional Country motifs. More of the setting is visible in Carrie's video, but from the limited amount seen in Miranda's, I can't be sure that it was actually filmed in the same place. But New York has been a big element in Miranda's career (early on, her team realized that they would have difficulty in relying on Music Row and Country radio to place her songs consistently, and they persuaded the New York media to support her; she's often spent time in the city, and her husband comes from there) - so that would tie in with your theory.

Both Carrie and Miranda have said, though, that they trusted their directors (Randee St Nicholas and Trey Fanjoy) to develop the concepts for their videos and make them look good - so I would guess that things like choice of location probably came from them and their production teams, rather than specifically from the artists themselves.