Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drinking Alone video out Nov 20

Countryfan2448

Will there be anytime in the near future that her fans would stop bashing her videos? and to just enjoy it instead of ruining everyone else's moment that they like it

You do know that she filmed this Music Video on TOUR.

Carrie has her band in it

Before He Cheats
Love Wins
Drinking Alone
Southbound

(Is there anymore videos that had her band in it)?

maddkat

Staff member
Will there be anytime in the near future that her fans would stop bashing her videos? and to just enjoy it instead of ruining everyone else's moment that they like it

Before He Cheats
Love Wins
Drinking Alone
Southbound

no , and how do you know she filmed it on tour?

jaymiee

I only quickly watched it on my phone at work when it debuted at 10. I was hoping for more of a storyline but I still thought it looked good overall. I'm starting to think maybe Randee St. Nicholas is not my type of director...

HuiZ

Before He Cheats
Love Wins
Drinking Alone
Southbound

I don't like Randee as the music video director at all. I think she's all about making it look pretty without much interesting scenes. That happens to be my personal taste and opinion.

If you love the video, great. But your opinion doesn't affect mine, and I didn't stop you from enjoying it.

jaymiee

Hey at least we got a 4th video that's NOT a tour video! I dont care if you hate it let's stream the crap out of it cuz this song is amazing!

What a boring video. Honestly I'm not even disappointed as this is exactly what I expected.

They use the exact same footage multiple times it just seems lazy. It's sad that this is probably the best video of the era.

ethelu

that is too deep for me, I just want story videos that follow the song. lol

however after taking a leaf mulching break and viewing it again heres what I'm thinking....

the guy in the video is the stranger she met after the break up, they spent the night drinking and kissing, the bar photographer took their pic ,then they went home alone ,and in the video they are remembering that encounter. The burning pic is a symbol of regretting what will never be.

I agree, but, rather than regret, I think burning the pic is to emphasize the lyric to forget her name, because that's all there's going to be. Neither of them is ready for a new relationship, so burning the pic is because "tonight's the night that never was".

CU4ever

I wonder where Carrie’s MV budget went the past two albums, lol.

Hopefully next era we get some like TBC

Jane-Alex

I like the video, Carrie looks great, that outfit is amazing. There could be more storyline, but I am just glad its actual music video and not concert video.

jimshoe

I like the video.. fun to see Carrie both acting and singing and smokes does she look incredible in the video!

bigd79

I think the video is hot! I really don't know what more she could have done honestly. I understand some of her past videos were amazing and have set a pretty high bar but i think priorities have shifted a little....rather than spending extra money on videos i think they shifted some of that budget towards the tours. Look how she keeps upping her game in that dept, if the result is not quite as good videos, for me i say so be it! But I love this video and have no issues with it at all!

sosmallgirl

This is miles better than the Heartbeat video, though, right? ^_^

I liked the video..thought it fit the mood of the song with a bit of scene setting.

Hil

I like the video. I admit my favorite all time video may be the one Carrie did with Miranda for Something bad, so I too like story vids, but I do think this one set the tone and had just enough sexy to make it interesting. I also think a lot of her budget went to the tour.
Side note, Good Girl is also one of my favorites with all the imagery. I thought that was a cool non story vid.

HuiZ

I like the video. I admit my favorite all time video may be the one Carrie did with Miranda for Something bad, so I too like story vids, but I do think this one set the tone and had just enough sexy to make it interesting. I also think a lot of her budget went to the tour.
Side note, Good Girl is also one of my favorites with all the imagery. I thought that was a cool non story vid.
Totally agree about Good Girl vid. That is a great example that a non-story video can be made very creatively too. Don't think Good Girl vid needed a high budget either. Just more costume changes lol.

Out of curiousity, what are the recent good music videos within the country music scene? I am wondering if choices of directors are limited.

I do believe it's a mistake though, to take focus off music videos in an era where streaming has become so important.

Farawayhills

I thought the treatment was effective - it gave a good visual run through of the song, while interspersing that with the booth scenes (I thought Carrie looked fantastic as the girl in the booth - that was one of my favourite "looks" - more so, for me, than the stage look, though the latter was fully in line with the "high glam" persona that Carrie often adopts). I don't really think the booth scenes could have been more extended. The lyric doesn't develop much detail, and what it does give was shown, Keeping those scenes relatively short enabled them to be presented with an element of enigma. The enigma wasn't resolved - and that may annoy some - but I found it intriguing, and I tend to like videos that leave some room for guessing. The picture the guy burns seems to be of him and the girl he's now sitting in the booth with. That would mean they are not strangers - which does depart from the lyric, but adds to the mystery. (Unfortunately, I couldn't properly see what the girl burns in the ending - YouTube chose that moment to throw in pictures of upcoming videos, which obscured the detail. I expect a clearer version will surface somewhere).

A couple of details I liked - Mark playing traditional bass (I give props for that in a Mainstream video, and I think it makes up for having to play down the dobro for radio); and choosing a Louisville Bourbon (which, for me anyway, both provides a link back to her breakout hit, BHC - and an antidote to the rather overdone attention paid to Tennessee whiskey in songs)