Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E! Fashion Police on Tonight for Globes with Joan Rivers :)

CarrieUK

I LOVE Fashion Police & always get really excited when Carrie goes to a big event to see what the panel will say.
I'm really dissapointed that they didn't mention her, especially as they had the perfect segway when they were talking about the beige trend.
Carrie didn't even make it on the show after the ACA's, even though she was voted 'Best Dressed' for the event on the Fashion Police website.
I think it's probably because they see Carrie as too 'safe' and only really mention her when she does something a little different (like at the CMA's) as they'd rather talk about those who did not look so great. I guess we should take it as a compliment when she's not mentioned, it must mean she's looking great (as usual!)

teesharky

yeah I am disappointed too. It was like Carrie was just an after thought at this event. First she wasn't shown on tv, then she wasn't shown on fashion police. Very sad.

AjayLovesCarrie

I normally don't post but I just wasn't sure if you all knew that Carrie was featured on the TV Guide channel's Golden Globe Red Carpet Fashion Wrap and they said nice things about her and her dress.

pklongbeach

Speaking of gross and disrespectful, I read that the GG host happened to disappeared for about an hour during the middle of the GG broadcast. The speculation is that he got severely spoken to due to his nasty, dirty, disrespectful jokes at the beginning of the GG so much so that several actors made not-so-kind remarks back at him.
Yes, he took alot of things too far. If you are going to agree to host the show, you should at least show alittle respect for the organization you have agreed to work for. I know it is his schtick to be outlandish but also, I would think that it was made clear to him that they expected a respectable and dignified show.
Too bad that is not exactly what they got. He was a little too much. Coming out with the wine in hand and also some of the bathroom humor was just in bad taste.
A commedian should know his audience.

teesharky

I agree with you guys....but he gave a statement today saying no one was offended, and the rumor of him being gone for an hour was BS. lol Who knows what is true. He said he hung out with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, etc, after the show and had drinks with them...

Not sure how the others he zinged feel though. He took some cheap shots at the Tourist in front of Angie and Johnny Depp, and he zinged a few others pretty bad.

The jokes that WERE funny were the Bruce Willis being Ashton's Dad joke, and the joke about the Sex and the City girls, lol. At times, he was great, and funny. But he went too far and got mean. He roasted the whole room.

Thank God he didn't go after Carrie. This is the onetime I think her cheap seat and low profile with the songwriters helped her out. lol

supercarriefan

I'm glad Fashion Police didn't talk about Carrie. That show can get nasty, and my thought is that no mention of Carrie is for the best. They really only focus on the bad outfits anyway, and Carrie played it safe so she wasn't their target.
To add to the Ricky Gervais comments: I thought some of his jokes went too far. However, the Hollywood Foreign Press knew what they were getting when they hired him. He was the host last year, and was only slightly less insulting then. I'm sure the HFP is loving the attention their show is getting for Ricky's comments.
I thought his jokes about Charlie Sheen and Robert Downey Jr's addictions were uncalled for entirely. Substance abuse is never funny. I did love Robert giving it back at bit when he came out to perform...perhaps they should get Robert to host next year lol. I'm not sure how I feel about his Scientology joke...he didn't name anybody specifically, but most people would know he was either referring to Tom Cruise or John Travolta, so that is a bit unsettling.
I have no problem with celebs getting roasted....why should the host have kiss their behinds just because they are big stars? It's funny to see them get poked fun at a bit, and I'm sure there are celebs that thought he was funny, and others who didn't. I, for one, was glad to see the likes of Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp not being treated as though they are above everybody else.
Tee, he had no reason to go after Carrie. He really would have no material. Plus, at the GGs, it's more interesting to pick on the movie people.

pklongbeach

No, I do see where you are going and stating it as you did I see your point. But baring in mind there is a very large lawsuit currently pending against the Forign Press by their resently removed publicist, it was below the belt to make some of the accusations about the organization and it's practices, and also to go for the juggler with the president himself.
It just felt alittle like as each presenter came out they had to take a moment to defend themselves against his onslaughts. It did create a bit of a defensive vibe. And I think people were picking up on that by the end.

supercarriefan

I don't follow the Hollywood Foreign Press at all, so I had no idea that they had a pending lawsuit. Perhaps, the comments were uncalled for against the organization in that case. Honestly, it is all said and done now though. The true test will be whether Ricky is back next year as host. If he is, obviously the HFP loved the attention their show got this year, and wanted even more attention, and if he isn't, then perhaps the HFP really didn't enjoy his antics. Time will tell.
I do agree about the presenters. I think that perhaps the roasting is best kept to the beginning of the show where everyone gets poked fun of at once then they can all present without worry of what will be said. However, some presenters knew how to handle someone like Ricky, and just gave it right back to him once they got out there.