Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earthquake in Mid Atlantic

jeff

just another fan
There was a small earthquake here in central PA just a while ago. i thought the neighbors were having a fun time, but reports are surfacing that a 5.9 earthquake hit the northern virginia/DC area.

carriefann

There was a small earthquake here in central PA just a while ago. i thought the neighbors were having a fun time, but reports are surfacing that a 5.9 earthquake hit the northern virginia/DC area.

Ha ha thats hilarious what you said! But seriously, I hope no one is hurt and you are ok. :)

I live in CT and I feel like the only person in the state who didnt feel it. Everyone was talking about it but I didnt even notice it. I hope everyones okay!

12russ79

WELCOME TO THE PARTY PAL...... LOL

In La LA land a 5.9 is like a small fish we just throw it back and go on waiting for the BIG ONE!!!!!

All kidding aside i hope everyones ok and theres no damage!!!!!

Pi314CA

The USGS site shows it was 83 miles SW of Washington D.C. between Charlottesville and Richmond VA.

While all U.S. Capitol buildings were evacuated, there were no reports of injuries or damage.

Cps235

I live in NYC and I felt it. I hope anyone who has been impacted by the earthquake are doing okay.

Kizmet311

Apparently it was felt in my hometown of Pikeville, KY. Someone even posted pictures of cracks it caused in one of the government buildings. They also evacuated a bank and some other buildings because they were shaking. Crazy how far away it can be felt.

JB172

There was an earthquake in Ohio when I was in the 8th grade that was under a 5 and that was a very strange feeling.

Mirasa45A

Now, you know how we feel when we have an earthquake here in CALIFORNIA ;);)

AIgrl06

I live in Northern VA and we definitely felt it, heh. It's all anyone's been talking about today... we don't get earthquakes here, lol. I was at work and stuff was falling off of shelves, etc. Schools are closed tomorrow. Interesting experience.

Pi314CA

Now, you know how we feel when we have an earthquake here in CALIFORNIA ;);)

5.8 is small when compared to California quakes. I was within 30 miles of the big one in 1989 that disrupted the World Series. That one was a 7.0 I think.