Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elizabeth Chan (session drummer)

Farawayhills

As Garrett Goodwin is temporarily taking family leave, to await the birth of his first child (congrats to him and his wife on this happy event!) - Carrie's band will include a session drummer in Australia.

She will be Elizabeth Chan, a Nashville based drummer, who often plays in Contemporary Christian Music. This is what Elizabeth says of being asked to play:

"No idea how or why my name ended up being the call—truthfully, Carrie’s team could have gotten any drummer in the world—but I’m so thankful for the opportunity to do this and for the chance to learn from a team and an artist that I admire so much. Praying I do the gig justice!"

I'm particularly pleased to see a female performer being given this opportunity - (women drummers may not be all that unusual for Alt Country - but this would be rare for a Mainstream chart artist's band)

You can see Elizabeth playing in this video:

PRGuy79

This is awesome! And so in line with the theme of this new era - the empowerment of female artists. I love that Carrie has taken this up as a cause to champion!