Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Lyrics Game!

Wildflower

I thought it would be a fun idea to post our favorite lyrics from each song on Blown Away :eek:

1.Good Girl "His lips are drippin' honey but he'll sting you like a bee."
2.Blown Away "There's not enough rain in Oklahoma to wash the sins out of that house."
3.Two Black Cadillacs "They shared a crimson smile and just walked away."
4. See You Again "I'll never be lonely for you are the stars to me."
5. Do You Think About Me "We ran in when the thunder came, you told me sugar melts in the rain."
6. Forever Changed "She remembers the change in her body, the blooming within, and how her heart seemed to flutter with the wind."
7. Nobody Ever Told You "Just like a flower growing wild, you're beautiful." (That could have been guessed from my username :p)
8. One Way Ticket "Unwrap it like a lollipop, LICK IT!"
9. Thank God For Hometowns "Thank God for the county lines that welcome you back in when you were dying to get out."
10. Good In Goodbye "I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue, times been sweet to you."
11. Leave Love Alone "Funny how love can make you fly, the sweetest buzz and the highest high."
12. Cupid's Got A Shotgun "He's about to find out I'm a dang good shot myself!"
13. Wine After Whiskey "Once you've tasted a love that strong you can't go back and you can't settle on anything less and that's what gets me."
14. Who Are You "Who are you that fell on me life fire."

cole

I love this thread!

1. Good Girl - His lips are dripping honey, but he'll sting you like a bee
2. Blown Away - Every tear-soaked whiskey memory blown away
3. Two Black Cadillacs - They shared a crimson smile and just walked away
4. See You Again - I can hear those echos in the wind at night, calling me back in time
5. Do You Think About Me - When you're sitting there drinking coffee, are you thinking of me?
6. Forever Changed - Some days she'll talk about Aunt Rosie, the sister she lost, asking when she's coming over, or why she hasn't called
7. Nobody Ever Told You -- You shine like a diamond, glitter like gold
8. One Way Ticket -- It matters where you're going, not where you been, say hey, goodbye yesterday
9. Thank God for Hometowns -- She said you should've seen the line, Ms. Johnson said to tell you hi
10. Good in Goodbye -- I thank God I didn't get what I thought that I deserved
11. Leave Love Alone - Funny how love can make you feel, crush you like a ton of steel
12. Cupid's Got A shotgun -- It must be open season, got a target on my back, Cupid's throwing love gernades and I'm under attack
13. Wine After Whiskey -- Once upon a time our world was on fire, and I loved to watch it burn
14. Who Are You -- Who are you, you're the one I give my life to

dsfox2009

Awesome idea for a thread! :D

Good Girl – “You’d better get to gettin’ on your goodbye shoes.”

Blown Away – “Some people call it taking shelter. She called it sweet revenge.”

Two Black Cadillacs – “But the women in the two black veils didn’t bother to cry.”

See You Again – “Said goodbye, turned around, and you were gone, gone, gone.”

Do You Think About Me – “When you’re sitting there drinking coffee, are you thinking of me? When it’s thundering and raining outside…”

Forever Changed – “Forever named, forever child, forever loved…forever changed.”

Nobody Ever Told You – “Mirror, mirror on the wall, acting like it knows it all. Tells you lies of vanity, it doesn’t care what’s underneath.”

One Way Ticket – “Say adios to the minimum wage. Tell your boss man where he can stick it!”

Thank God For Hometowns – “First red light, I rolled the windows down. Breathed it in, and took a look around.”

Good In Goodbye – “When you’re holding on to someone, but you’ve gotta let go.”

Leave Love Alone – “Burn me once, but it don’t sink in. I just keep coming back again.”

Cupid’s Got a Shotgun – “I might just keep on running from here to Timbuktu, cuz he gave up on arrows and I ain’t bulletproof!”

Wine After Whiskey – “Once you’ve tasted a love that strong, you can’t go back and you can’t settle on anything less.”

Who Are You – “You’re in my thoughts, you know my mind, you are my fate, you are my light.”

allamericangirl8

There was a similar thread that popped up after the Blown Away listening party.

I have favorite lyrics and favorite moments, and sometimes they overlap. I'll list both.

1. Good Girl (lyrics and moment) - His lips are drippin' honey, but he'll sting you like a bee.
2. Blown Away (lyric) - Mama was an angel in the ground
2. Blown Away (moment) - Blown away, blown awaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaay (after the first chorus)
3. Two Black Cadillacs (lyric and moment) - It was the first and the last time they saw each other face to face. They shared a crimson smile and just walked away and left the secret at the grave.
4. See You Again (lyric) - I'll never be lonely, for you are the stars to me
4. See You Again (moment) - In a place far away where the water meets the sky
5. Do You Think About Me (lyric) - We ran in when the thunder came. You told me sugar melts in the rain.
5. Do You Think About Me (moment) - I met a boy a lot like you. It's funny how we used to sing it, too, but he was always just a little out of key, so much different than you and me.
6. Forever Changed (lyric and moment) - Some days I just hold her fragile hand as time creeps 'cross the floor. Some days it almost kills me watching her memory slip away a little more.
7. Nobody Ever Told You (lyric and moment) - You're free as a bird up on a wire, just like a flower growing wild.
8. One Way Ticket (lyric) - Unwrap it like a lollipop -- LICK IT.
8. One Way Ticket (moment) - Say adios to the minimum wage.
9. Thank God For Hometowns (lyric) - First red light, I rolled the windows down, breathed it in, and took a look around.
10. Good in Goodbye (lyric and moment) - I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue. Time's been sweet to you.
11. Leave Love Alone (lyric) - Burn me once, but it don't sink in. I just keep comin' back again.
11. Leave Love Alone (moment) - Gotta have it, want it, I can't help it, I just can't leave love alone
12. Cupid's Got a Shotgun (lyric) - Must be open season, got a target on my back.
12. Cupid's Got a Shotgun (lyric) - He's about to find out I'm a dang good shot myself.
13. Wine After Whiskey (lyric) - Cos fire turns to embers, embers to ashes, that blow away too soon.
13. Wine After Whiskey (moment) - Once upon a time, our world was on fire, and I loved to watch it burn. Wild and reckless, never any limits.
14. Who Are You (lyric and moment) - Who are you who takes me through the flood and through the fire?

And because I'm procrastinating, I ranked all the songs based on best overall lyrics.

1. Forever Changed
2. Do You Think About Me
3. Wine After Whiskey
4. Two Black Cadillacs
5. See You Again
6. Good in Goodbye
7. Cupid's Got a Shotgun
8. Blown Away
9. Thank God For Hometowns
10. One Way Ticket
11. Who Are You
12. Good Girl
13. Nobody Ever Told You
14. Leave Love Alone

1) Good Girl: "His lips are dripping honey but he'll sting you like a bee"
2) Blown Away: "There's not enough rain in Oklahoma to wash the sins out of that house" and "Some people called it taking shelter, she called it sweet revenge" - I couldn't choose between these two! I think both of them are really great lyrics and I get chills when I hear both of them!
3) Two Black Cadillacs: "They shared a crimson smile and just walked away and left the secret at the grave"
4) See You Again: "I can hear those echos in the wind at night, calling me back in time"
5) Do You Think About Me: "We ran in when the thunder came. You told me sugar melts in the rain"
6) Forever Changed: "Some days I just hold her fragile hand as time creeps 'cross the floor. Some days it almost kills me watching her memory slip away a little more"
7) Nobody Ever Told You: “Mirror, mirror on the wall, acting like it knows it all. Tells you lies of vanity, it doesn’t care what’s underneath.”
8) One Way Ticket: "Say adios to the minimum wage, tell your boss man, where he can stick it"
9) Thank God For Hometowns: "Thank god for the county lines that welcome you back in when you were dying to get out"
10) Good in Goodbye: "I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue. Time's been sweet to you"
11) Leave Love Alone: "Burn me once but it don't sink in, I just keep coming back again"
12) Cupid's Got a Shotgun: "He's about to find out I'm a dang good shot myself"
13) Wine After Whiskey: "Fire turns to embers, embers to ashes that blow away too soon"
14) Who Are You: "Who are you that fell on me like fire"

gocountrymusic

1.Good Girl "You better get to getting on your goodbye shoes."
2.Blown Away "There’s not enough wind in Oklahoma to rip the nails out of the past."
3.Two Black Cadillacs, the more I think about it probably has one of my favorite chorus' lyrically "Yeah they took turns laying a rose down threw a handful of dirt into the deep ground. He’s not the only one who had a secret to hide"
4. See You Again "I'll never be lonely for you are the stars to me."
5. Do You Think About Me "You were kissing me and the years stood still."
6. Forever Changed "Some days it almost kills me, watching her memories slip away a little more."
7. Nobody Ever Told You "You shine like a diamond, glitter like gold."
8. One Way Ticket "Put a little love back in your life" ---> I know this might not be everyone's first choice but it actually really resonated with me for such a "fun" song
9. Thank God For Hometowns "Thank God for the county lines that welcome you back in when you were dying to get out."
10. Good In Goodbye "Sometimes life leads you down a different road, when you’re holding on to someone that you gotta let go."
11. Leave Love Alone "Gotta want it, have it, I can't help it."
12. Cupid's Got A Shotgun "He's about to find out I'm a dang good shot myself!"
13. Wine After Whiskey "It went from do anything for you babe to you don’t even miss me."
14. Who Are You "Who are you, the one I'd give my life too."

NC State Carrie Fan

1) Good Girl: "Better back away honey you don't know where he's been"
2) Blown Away: "Some people called it taking shelter, she called it sweet revenge"
3) Two Black Cadillacs: The whole song! O_O "They shared a crimson smile and just walked away"
4) See You Again: "The thought of it makes me smile, you are my tomorrow"
5) Do You Think About Me: "Oh I, oh I'm not even trying, oh I, oh I but I can't stop smiling"
6) Forever Changed: "Somedays it almost kills me watching her memory slip away a little more"
7) Nobody Ever Told You: "All hung up on the negative doesn't haft to be the way it is"
8) One Way Ticket: "Grab yourself a gal, grab yourself a fella, grab yourself a drink with a pink umbrella-a"
9) Thank God For Hometowns: "Thank God for the county lines that welcome you back in when you were dieing to get out"
10) Good In Goodbye: "I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue, times been sweet to you"
11) Leave Love Alone: "Ain't it funny how love can make you fly, sweetest buzz and the highest high"
12) Cupid's Got A Shotgun: "I pulled out my Remington and I loaded up these shells"
13) Wine After Whiskey: "Once you've tasted a love that strong you can't go back and you can't settle on anything less and that's what gets me"
14) Who Are You: "Your my savior, your my center, my beginning and my end"

supercarriefan

1.Good Girl "You better get to getting on your goodbye shoes."
2.Blown Away "Some people called it taking shelter/She called it sweet revenge."
3.Two Black Cadillacs "They shared a crimson smile and just walked away."
4. See You Again "In a place far away/where the the water meets the sky"
5. Do You Think About Me "Wrote you letters til the ink ran out"
6. Forever Changed "Blackberry winter in a little white church"
7. Nobody Ever Told You "You shine like a diamond, glitter like gold"
8. One Way Ticket "Life is so good, it's sticky sweet"
9. Thank God For Hometowns "Cause when you're lost out in this crazy world, you got somewhere to go and get found"
10. Good In Goodbye "I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue, times been sweet to you."
11. Leave Love Alone "Funny how love can make you fly, the sweetest buzz and the highest high."
12. Cupid's Got A Shotgun "I might just keep on running from here to Timbuktu, cuz he gave up on arrows and I ain’t bulletproof!"
13. Wine After Whiskey "I got used to being high and nothing that I try seems good enough right now"
14. Who Are You "Who are you/Who fell on me like fire"

I like Nicole's idea of adding favorite moments as well, so I might come back later and add those:).

Patkid26

Good Girl – “But he's really good at lying, yeah he'll leave you in the dust.”
Blown Away – “There's not enough wind in Oklahoma to rip the nails out of the past.”
Two Black Cadillacs – “Yeah, they took turns laying a rose down, threw a handful of dirt into the deep ground.”
See You Again – “I will carry you with me, oh, 'til I see you again.”
Do You Think About Me – “Oh I, oh I, I'm not even trying. Oh I, oh I, but I can't stop smiling. Oh I, oh I, it's sending me flying.”
Forever Changed – “Somedays she'll talk about Aunt Rosie, the sister she lost, asking when she's coming over and why she hasn't called.”
Nobody Ever Told You – “All hung up on the negative, doesn't have to be the way it is.”
One Way Ticket – “Punch that clock and call it a day. Say adios to the minimum wage. Tell your boss man where he can stick it!”
Thank God For Hometowns – “Thank God for the county lines that welcome you back in when you were dying to get out.”
Good In Goodbye – “I thank God I didn't get what I thought that I deserved.”
Leave Love Alone – “Gotta have it, want it, I can't help it.”
Cupid’s Got a Shotgun – “Must be open season, got a target on my back. Think he's throwing love grenades and I'm under attack.”
Wine After Whiskey – “Wild and reckless, never any limits. Guess I had a lot to learn.”
Who Are You – “Who are you, who takes me through the flood and through the fire?”

Marie2011

Good Girl "Want a fairy tell ending somebody to love"
Blown Away " She called it sweet revenge"'
Two Black Cadillacs " He's not the only one who had a secret to hide"
See You Again "This is not where it ends"
Do You Think About Me "But he was just always a little outta key"
Forever Changed " Nothing ever stays the same"
Nobody Ever Told You " "It doesn't care whats underneath"
One Way Ticket "Cuz it mights where you are going not where you been"
Thank God For Hometowns "You got somewhere to go and get found"
Good In Goodbye "I thank God I didn't get what I thought I deserved"
Leave Love Alone "Sweetest buzz and the highest high"
Cupid Got A Shotgun "I been dodgin bullets"
Wine After Whiskey "You can't go back and you can't settle on"
Who Are You " You're my savior, you're my center, my beginning and my end"

Good Girl – you better get to getting on your good bye shoes and go, go, go
Blown Away – some people called it taking shelter/she called it sweet revenge
Two Black Cadillacs – it was the first and the last time they saw each other face to face/they shared a crimson smile and just walked away/and left the secret at the grave
See You Again – sometimes I feel my heart is breaking/but I stay strong and I hold on cause I know/ I’ll see you again/ this is not where it ends/I will carry you with me
Do You Think About Me – I met a boy a lot like you/it’s funny how he used to sing it too/ but he was always just a little out of key/so much different than you and me
Forever Changed – nothing ever stays the same/forever named/forever child/forever loved/forever changed
Nobody Ever Told You – mirror, mirror on the wall/acting like it know’s it all/tells you lies of vanity/doesn’t care what’s underneath
One Way Ticket – cause it matters where you’re going/not where you been, say hey/goodbye yesterday
Thank God For Hometowns – thank God for the county lines that welcome you back in/when you were dying to get out
Good In Goodbye – but we both ended up where we belong/I guess goodbye made us strong
Leave Love Alone – gotta have it/want it/I can’t help it/I just can’t leave love alone
Cupid’s Got A Shotgun – I pulled out my Remington and loaded up these shells/he’s about to find out I’m a dang good shot myself
Wine After Whiskey – it went from do anything for you babe to you don’t even miss me
Who Are You – who are you/who takes me through the flood at through the fire/who are you/ who leads me through the desert and the dry

Carrieflattsfan

Good Girl: His lips are drippin' honey/but he'll sting you like a bee
Moment: Hey good girl/too good for him/better back away honey/you don't know where's he's been
Blown Away: Every tear-soaked whiskey memory blown away
Moment: She locked herself in the cellar/listened to the screamin' of the wind/some people called it takin' shelter/she called it sweet revenge
Two Black Cadilacs: One's for his wife/the other's for the woman who loved him at night
Moment: It was the last time they saw each other face to face/they shared a crimson smile and just walked away/and left the secret at the grave
See You Again: I will see you again/this is not where it ends
Moment: Sometimes I feel my heart is breaking/but I stay strong A
and I hold on/'cause I know/I will see you again/this is not where it ends

Do You Think About Me: We ran in when the thunder came/you told me sugar melts in the rain
Moment: When the clouds rolled in I'd grab the keys/and play that song that we used to sing/he was always just a little outta key/so much different than you and me

Forever Changed: Forever named/forever child/forever loved/forever changed
Moment: Somedays it almost kills me/watchin' her memory slip away a little more

Nobody Ever Told You: You shine like a diamond/glitter like gold
Moment: All hung up on the negative/doesn't have to be the way it is/wish you could see yourself the way I dooooo
One Way Ticket: We're headed to a heaven where the beat don't stop
Moment: LICK IT!

Thank God For Hometowns: Thank God for the county lines that welcomed you back in/when you were dyin' to get out
Moment: Thank God for church pews/and all the faces that won't forget you
Good In Goodbye: As bad as it was/as bad as it hurt/I thank God I didn't get what I thought I deserved
Moment: I know where she got those crystal eyes blue/time's been sweet to you

Leave Love Alone: Funny how love can make you feel/crush you like a ton of steel/funy how love can make you feel
I just can't leave..I can't leave it
Cupid's Got A Shotgun: He's about to find out I'm a dang good shot myself
Moment: Cupid's got a shotgun/and right now he's running from me, woahhh

Wine After Whiskey:Once you've tasted a love that strong/you can't go back and you can't settle on anything less/and that's what gets me/it's like havin' wine after whiskey
Even though I know it was right to let you go/you're a habit hard to break/I got used to bein' high/and nothin that I try seems good enough right now

Who Are You: Moment and lyric: You're my savior/you're my beginning and my end/the one I live for/you're my angel/who are you

Carrieflattsfan

Good Girl: His lips are drippin' honey/but he'll sting you like a bee
Moment: Hey good girl/too good for him/better back away honey/you don't know where's he's been

Blown Away: Every tear-soaked whiskey memory blown away
Moment: She locked herself in the cellar/listened to the screamin' of the wind/some people called it takin' shelter/she called it sweet revenge

Two Black Cadilacs: One's for his wife/the other's for the woman who loved him at night
Moment: It was the last time they saw each other face to face/they shared a crimson smile and just walked away/and left the secret at the grave

See You Again: I will see you again/this is not where it ends
Moment: Sometimes I feel my heart is breaking/but I stay strong A
and I hold on/'cause I know/I will see you again/this is not where it ends
Do You Think About Me: We ran in when the thunder came/you told me sugar melts in the rain
Moment: When the clouds rolled in I'd grab the keys/and play that song that we used to sing/he was always just a little outta key/so much different than you and me

Forever Changed: Forever named/forever child/forever loved/forever changed
Moment: Somedays it almost kills me/watchin' her memory slip away a little more

Nobody Ever Told You: You shine like a diamond/glitter like gold
Moment: All hung up on the negative/doesn't have to be the way it is/wish you could see yourself the way I dooooo

One Way Ticket: We're headed to a heaven where the beat don't stop
Moment: LICK IT!

Thank God For Hometowns: Thank God for the county lines that welcomed you back in/when you were dyin' to get out
Moment: Thank God for church pews/and all the faces that won't forget you

Good In Goodbye: As bad as it was/as bad as it hurt/I thank God I didn't get what I thought I deserved
Moment: I know where she got those crystal eyes blue/time's been sweet to you

Leave Love Alone: Funny how love can make you feel/crush you like a ton of steel/funy how love can make you feel
I just can't leave..I can't leave it

Cupid's Got A Shotgun: He's about to find out I'm a dang good shot myself
Moment: Cupid's got a shotgun/and right now he's running from me, woahhh

Wine After Whiskey:Once you've tasted a love that strong/you can't go back and you can't settle on anything less/and that's what gets me/it's like havin' wine after whiskey
Even though I know it was right to let you go/you're a habit hard to break/I got used to bein' high/and nothin that I try seems good enough right now

Who Are You: Moment and lyric: You're my savior/you're my beginning and my end/the one I live for/you're my angel/who are you

Christopher.A.B.

I love these threads!!! A lot of my choices are pretty cliche'......but things become cliche' for a reason!

Good Girl: "You better get to gettin' on your goodbye-shoes."
Blown Away: "There's not enough wind in Oklahoma to wash the sins out of that house."
Two Black Cadillacs: "But the women in the two black veils didn't bother to cry. Bye bye."
See You Again:"Said goodbye, turned around, and you were gone, gone, gone..."
Do You Think About Me: "Sometimes I wonder if you wonder what it could have been like."
Forever Changed: "Somedays it almost kills me, watching her memory slip away a little more."
Nobody Ever Told You: "Just like a flower growing wild, you're beautiful"
One Way Ticket:"Grab yourself a gal, grab yourself a fella, grab yourself a drink with a pink umbrella; goodbye yesterday."
Thank God For Hometowns:"First red light I rolled the windows down. Breathed it in and took a look around."
Good In Goodbye: "And yeah, I'm happy. I found somebody too who makes me happy."
Leave Love Alone: "Burn me once but it don't sink in; I just keep comin' back again."
Cupid’s Got A Shotgun:"‘Cause he gave up on arrows and I ain’t bulletproof."
Wine After Whiskey: "Once upon a time our world was on fire, and I loved to watch it burn."
Who Are You:"Who are you, who fell on me like fire?"